Mimzy Quests and Movie Ads Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:15 am
What's your opinion of the Mimzy quest? Love it? Hate it? Don't care one way or the other? Do you like the idea of Gaia advertising new films or would you rather they cut it out?

I've been thinking about this after seeing a frothy post in the GD. Somebody wanted us all to boycott the Mimzy Quest because he thought Neopets was destroyed by aggressive advertising and didn't want Gaia ending up the same way.

Reactions varied. I saw everything from "STFU N00b, I luvs my Mimzy!" to "You've got a point, but Gaia's a s**t pit already and there's no saving it."

Personally, I don't mind the quest. If banners were slapped up on every page, I'd be pissed. But as it is, the admins have made sure the ad campaign doesn't take over the whole site. The Mimzy NPC just has a profile and a guild. It's easy to avoid both if you're not interested in the movie.

The trouble with Neopets is that they went crazy with the advertising. Banners multiplied until they invaded the top, bottom and right side of every page. Neopets also changed owners twice, and the people running it didn't seem to care about anything but making money. I don't see that happening with Gaia, which cares a lot more about users' opinions than Neopets ever did.

...And I'm sure some money from hosting this trailer will go into adding more features we've been asking for.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:45 am
I don't mind. I barely pay attention to the happenings of Gaia as a web site any way. I'm here for the pretty princess dress up and the message boards. And I ******** love my bunny! whee  

TheWitchGotRobin

Nero PsyKoTiX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:51 am
Eh. I really have no opinion. Honestly I think I'm a bit interested in the movie, and I might go see it sometime. The whole idea about a stuffed bunny causing all that chaos rocks.

The item itself is pretty awesome in my opinion, and adds a little cuteness to my avi and makes up for the lack of there being rag dolls as items.

EDIT: Honest to God I didn't even know there was a Mimzy guild or profile till about twenty seconds ago when I read that line on the first post.
sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:00 pm
....I don't mind it at all.....besides, its an easy quest thats just as easy to ignore.....  

OverlordMMM

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:02 pm
Well as Lanzer said its interesting because I understand it, we're going to be getting trailers a few weeks before anyone else is, and we also free avatar items for watching them, whats wrong with that?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:58 pm
i have to agree with OverlordMMM, its an easy quest, and alot of people will probably ignore it and alot of people will enjoy it.. its easy to ignore, its not like its all over the place..  

Goddess of the lunar

ketchakik

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:50 pm
mimsy quest? fisrt i've heard of it  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:46 pm
It's pretty interesting... maybe they'll continue to do this for other movie releases, as well smile  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Krys_Night

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:01 pm
I have the feeling that the owners of Gaia wouldn't allow the people to blatantly post ads all over the site. They seem to care about what the people want who are on the forums, why else would there be petitions for things.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:37 am
I think as long as they don't let the advertising get out of hand then it's fine! More money for the site is good for all of us.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:05 am
I think gaia adverising like this is awesome. (Just as long as it doesn't get out of hand, and they over advertise). The admins said they'll only advertise movies that they think the people of this site will like, and although it's hard to pin that down because people have so many different views, I'm sure most people will like the new NPC's and items we get out of it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:58 am
It doesn't bother me.  

dreamingscribe

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:54 am
I don't see anything wrong with it really. Gaia doesn't exactly shove it in your face, it's just one more optional thing you can do here. For the people who have been chomping at the bit for the quest system to get into full swing it's a bit of a teaser really.

I personally don't find the mimzy all that appealing item wise, and the movie looks like a melting pot of a lot of things that have been done before. That's just my view on it though. I'm sure for a lot of other gaians it opened up their eyes to a movie they might have otherwise overlooked.

I would much rather have something like this set up than for gaia to go belly up because they can't find the funding to keep everything running nicely for us.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:22 pm
the movie looks done, but the item is neat. i like rabbits.  

Maggoty Anne

Morgue.Resident

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:28 pm
The movie looks like and most likely is crap
The item is cute though
Reminds me of Valentinee(sp?) Rabbit

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers