Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

have you seen this?
  ya
  no
View Results

DarkPhsycotic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:49 pm
I found this on a site called quizilla about goths and I figured people here would be interested.

"How many of you are sick of being called a "freak" or "cutter" just because you are gothic!?! Well i am, and i know we don't deserve it! For one thing, we dont worship satan or drink blood or even cast spells with our evil cults! We are just people...some more heartbroken than others. Another thing, the whole "Oh she's gothic so she spends her whole day slitting open her wrists" thing...stop. Not all goths cut! And for those who do, we have a damn good reason! And ya want to know a secret.....WE CAN SMILE! We can laugh, think, love, everything! We are normal people, and we do not deserve the abuse that we get. We are called names and get bad reputations...makeing our pain even worse! We don't need your sympathy...but we do need your moral. Just stop with the emo jokes and the whole deal with thinking that we can't have fun and spend our whole days crieing and sliceing open our wrists! If you have been abused, our feel remourse for those who have...please
write your name and see how many people actually agree and if you have bad comments about this KEEP THEM TO YOURSELVES!"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:58 pm
While I generally agree with the post, it's not very well written. It really just addresses what goth isn't without ever actually mentioning what goth is.  

GilAskan
Crew

DarkPhsycotic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:08 pm
GilAskan
While I generally agree with the post, it's not very well written. It really just addresses what goth isn't without ever actually mentioning what goth is.

Well yeah, but it was meant to clear the rumors, basicaly defends the goth name. Although, I could see how it would have been a good idea to post what goths really are.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:27 pm
GilAskan
Yeah. And, I'm not gonna lie, I am kind of against the people who are all like, "Be nice to me! I'm normal just like you! Leave me alone!". If they hate it that much, there is no reason why they can't change. No one is forcing them to dress or act the way they do.  

Corpse_Bride_131

DarkPhsycotic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:31 pm
Corpse_Bride_131
GilAskan
Yeah. And, I'm not gonna lie, I am kind of against the people who are all like, "Be nice to me! I'm normal just like you! Leave me alone!". If they hate it that much, there is no reason why they can't change. No one is forcing them to dress or act the way they do.

Yeah, I agree it might be a hopeless attempt. Also when you said it's not like people can't change, it's hard for a lot of people (except for maybe the poseurs) but it is their personality, its not totally about fashion, its about how there mind works.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:38 pm
I don't say anything like that and today I figured out why my friend makes fun of me why i'm goth. Becuase he tries to make himself feel better.  

Nimewe

Garbage Vampire

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:59 pm
But one of the highlights to being goth is getting all the stupid comments that kids make up these days. You got to love 'em.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:09 pm
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
But one of the highlights to being goth is getting all the stupid comments that kids make up these days. You got to love 'em.
Yeah, its interesting what stuff they come up with these days.  

Nimewe

Garbage Vampire

Surami-Fox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:29 pm
Yeah, that stuff's all over Quizilla. That's been my numero uno site since it was still owned by its original owner and there never use to be stuff like that. These things have been popping up in the last year. Now personally, I'm not really goth. I'm emo so of course I agree with the emo stuff. Frankly, I just try and ignore comments and s**t. Other people don't understand and if they want to be idiotic, I say all the power to them.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:31 pm
Corpse_Bride_131
GilAskan
the be nice thing is liek the stereotypes thing....just annoying
deal with what peopel have, if they don't know, educate them and such  

The Dadalorian

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:50 pm
Corpse_Bride_131
GilAskan

It's also ironic on multiple levels that the kids who so vehemently say "I'm normal!" tend to get insulted when other people refer to them as such.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:23 pm
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]

Well, that kind of depends on where your pleasures and pains lie... personally, I'm in somewhat of a gray area.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Black_Widow_EmiLee_Rose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:20 am
I agree with The_Angry_Fatalist (first post)
...In fact I was going to post something similar to this a few days ago...

Just because I'm Goth, doesn't mean I don't laugh when something funny happens, or have a crush on a certain guy...I hate how we're molded into this stereotypical persona, that we worship Satan, slit our wrists, and don't believe in god. It angers me, but I've recently come to the conclusion that people are going to think what they want to think...I'm not going to go out of my way trying to get people to understand, because if they don't want to they wont...But if I have a chance to talk to someone, then I'll correct their thinking on Goths...But until then, I say "screw it" and let them think what they want.

-Underworld_Keeper  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:53 am
Thing is, there is no stopping the ignorance. We can't just stop it because we want it to. There will always be ignorant people in this world.

EDIT: Only thing we can do is not live by the stereotype they lay out for us.

Nero PsyKoTiX

blackfoxi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:19 pm
the thing is, is that if you really are goth, if you really are anything at that- prep, jock, redneck, emo, etc.- then you have to accept the fact that people are going to say things about you that are stereotypical to whatever they think you are. i'm not saying that you have to like it, but it's just a fact of life- people are afraid of what they don't understand. take pride in being different and unique, no matter who you are. sometimes the comments and the harrassment gets to me -rarely- but then i remember that they're afraid of me. and then i feel alot better.
i'm not gonna let people scare or insult me into changing any part of who i am. i was born into this world to find myself and become whatever i want, and if my methods of doing it are different than others, then screw them. i don't care.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff