Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Oh Shinies, you eat my brains.... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shiny?
  OMG *zombie stare*
  *ninja theft*
  Pfft, I don't succumb to mere shinies.
View Results

Silvander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:13 pm
So. I have resisted getting into yet another craft (beading) for.. since some of my friends began doing it etc. I think it's been like.. 3/4 years? I don't need a fifth craft to tie up my time. Truly. Especially an expensive one. (Have you seen the price of some of those beads and assorted items??!!?! It's robbery!)

But the shinyness of it all eats my brains and makes my blonde twitch and go ..."OOhhh!". So I am a fallen bead woman. *le sigh* I blame Leslie. However, I have a shiny new pendulum for my sins. (I sooo need to get a picture of this for y'all.)

Discuss:
Being sucked into crafts you fully intended never to do
Beading
Shiny things of all and sundry nature.

Edit: Photos!
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/Silvander/Crafts/pendulumcloseup.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/Silvander/Crafts/pendulumlargeview.jpg  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:36 pm
I have to admit, beading is tempting. The only way I steer clear of it is reminding myself of how many other craft projects I have yet to finish. I'm sure sooner or later I'll be sucked in.

Knitting was the same way for me. I never intended to knit; I just wanted to make a Harry Potter scarf....  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Tes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:51 pm
~
I have to admit I am weak.
To be honest I never even intended on making a hobby of crafting, mine was a life of art and then I slowly got drawn into the dark side. Now I work at a craft store and am bringing home a new project every week. I have had to beat myself silly lately, for the amount of money I spend and the number of almost but not quite finished projects I have on the go. I try not to bring home new projects but for shame there are 2 more this week D:

~

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:51 pm
Lol, Right now I have only 1 waiting to be finished project, but I have about 30 "I need to do this next" in mind. Including like 3 hat/scarf sets, socks, and "knucks" (fingerless gloves) that I saw a really cool design for. And purses, and sweaters, and you get the picture.

We are all weak for shinies. There is no shame in it. Well. Except the whole lack of self control thing. But that's why I say they eat my brains.  

Silvander

rheane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:56 pm
I used to do some beading, I'd only make little lizards and other such animals though. I wanted to get back into it recently, but as you said, the prices are robbery!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:24 am
I haven't done any beading since I was in middle school. I had a thing for making beaded flowers, after some Girl Scout craft class I went to. That's all I would ever make.

I've been tempted to take up beading again, though. Hopefully, whenever I do, I'll learn something other than how to make beaded flowers. xp  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Kaiza Yu-lee Asakura

Unbeatable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:26 am
pirate  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:29 am
I have a seed bead loom, and I still have beads from when my aunt gave it to me xd I started getting my beads in tubes for $2 at wal-mart, and i use embriodery floss because its so easy to divide 3nodding I don't do it often anymore though. I have one of the older kids looms that I dont think you can find anymore - its black metal with real wood. I've done a lot with it for not much money (makes a good gift for someone you dont know too well biggrin )  

gemini6184

Silvander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:37 am
I think I have your same loom, lol. It was given to me, I used it maybe twice and it rots in my closet now a days.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:33 pm
i do some beading, not much though. Its more my sister's craft. 3nodding She seems unable to limit her crafts, so she does not much of any of them. She tatts and beads, which i don't, and sews, knits and crochets (which i do).  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

flightoftheunicorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:06 am
I'd love to make a bead curtain that actually has a picture in it be the height/position at which each bead falls on the string. That would be super cool. domokun I don't bead, right now. Though I might take up the hobby someday. oooo .... shiny .... *stares* ...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:55 am
Beading/jewelry making was the first craft I took up after high school, but when my daughter came along I needed something a little more child friendly to do. I still mean to get back to my beads and learn some of the neat ways of weaving them together, but I can crochet sitting on the couch and not have to worry about my yarn or thread hitting the floor. If I ever get a real "craft space" I plan to take it up again though. I do still make the occasional pair of earrings though.
I'm a magpie at heart and anything shiny catches my eye  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

peachkitten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:47 pm
shiny...
thats how i got into beading in the first place. first time seeing swarovski and realizing i can do that myself was what got me hooked in the first place. i've been a slave to beads ever since. now i'm having fun using different items for focal beads. my bird earrings are my first pride and joy.

(you can find them on deviant art under the user Ithillia or just type bird earrings in the search menu)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:19 am
User Image

that is all I have to say on the subject! Except.....my shinies!  

sparklingbutterfly

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:58 am
I love my beads. ^^

which I now have pictures of xd . Gotta love boredom. ^^

Edit: pictures!!!!

User Image
My sweet, sweet collection of madness. Gods only know how much money that represents....

close up of my crystals

close up of natural stone beads  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas