Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
The Prom Dress thread! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:49 pm
I decided that everyone who's making a prom dress needs a place in which to discuss the making of their dress. And so i decided to make a thread. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:16 pm
I'm going to be making mine, for Jr. Prom, and i currently don't have any of the supplies i need. gonk

I'm looking into patterns at the moment, thinking a top and skirt sort of a deal.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

noocleer_biskit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:39 pm
Oh, it would be amazing to be able to make my own prom dress. I wish I had the sewing skills to do it -_-'  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:29 am
Just a quick tip for sewers, you can cut the pattern exactly to fit - like if youre a size 18 on the top but only a 14 on the bottom, you can cut the pattern to fit YOU (I have a friend who is shaped like that the lucky girl) Just gradually change which line you cut the pattern on, and do it at the same rate (so cut it out at the larger size first, then alter it folded in half so both sides are the same.  

gemini6184

CrystalRose

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:59 pm
^^; Well, I'm planning on making one... I can't wear strapless dresses because it makes me look like I'm trying to hide my chest or something. xD So of course I have to make mine to fit with the awesomeness of the idea I wanted...

It's going to split from the hip and out, with ruffles under the split, and then the top will have crisscrossed ribbons like a corset... I don't know about the straps... Um, the ruffles are black and they were perfect. <3 And I'm debating emerald green to make a "statement" or something a little calmer. he only reason I'm going to pom is for the dress... xD  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:50 pm
i dont know when prom is here, lol. when it comes though, i will probably make my dress =)  

Chibi Kiku-chan

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:35 am
CrystalRose
The only reason I'm going to pom is for the dress... xD
I can understand that... Its one of my only reasons. The dress and the fact that my girlfriend pouted at me and said "come with?"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:51 am
Crystal - Is this the dress yours is inspired off of? Cause i was just looking at JCPenny online, and saw it and thought "Its really pretty.. maybe i could do something like that...." and then went back and looked at your description of your dress and was like "is it the same dress?"  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Crimson_Rose86

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:52 pm
I made both my Junior and Senior prom dresses. Next time I'm at my home comp I'll post pics of them. ^.^ My advice would be to start early. I finished both dresses on the day of prom. It was extremely stressful.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:54 pm
Crimson_Rose86
I made both my Junior and Senior prom dresses. Next time I'm at my home comp I'll post pics of them. ^.^ My advice would be to start early. I finished both dresses on the day of prom. It was extremely stressful.

oooo i wanna seeeee.....

i'm plannin on having mine done a week or so before prom, hopefully sooner.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:42 am
I know Simplicity has a Special Occasion pattern that has about 8 top variations and 4 bottom variations if you're interested in a separate. I couldn't find it online otherwise I'd give you the number. sweatdrop

Are you going to add rhinestones or sequins to the dress?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:35 am
I'm not planning on any rhinestones or sequins, at the moment i'm not thinking i want mine too sparkly.

I know the pattern your talking about, i dunno what number it is either. xp  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

CrystalRose

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:59 am
kochi~mochi
Crystal - Is this the dress yours is inspired off of? Cause i was just looking at JCPenny online, and saw it and thought "Its really pretty.. maybe i could do something like that...." and then went back and looked at your description of your dress and was like "is it the same dress?"

xDDD Yes! Innit amazing! I love it so much, but then I was happy I decided no to buy it when I saw not one but TWO girls wearing it to a semiformal. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:03 pm
kochi~mochi
CrystalRose
The only reason I'm going to pom is for the dress... xD
I can understand that... Its one of my only reasons. The dress and the fact that my girlfriend pouted at me and said "come with?"

^^; Yeah... My boyfriend wont even be at the prom, which'll make me eeeemo...

HO NOOOOOOES! I just looked at when my prom is... ~Dies.~ i may not be able to do the dress... T________T; I tooold my Aunt not to let me wait! I have 1 month.  

CrystalRose

VP Club Freakin Justice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:28 am
Oh the days of prom dresses. I don't miss them.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff