Reply 46: Anarchist's Manifesto
No Such Thing as Anarchy Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Large Paddles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:26 pm
With anarchy comes revolution, so...........there is no such thing as anarchy. Plus, an organized anarchy completely defeats the purpose.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:54 am
Actually, as much as I hate to admit it, you are completely right. Anarchy cannot completely exist because we as humans need to be governed by something. Chaos cannot exist without order, and order cannot exist without chaos. Thus, unfortunately, "democracy" (or an entirely distorted version of it) is the best kind of government that we can have. And yes... organized anarchy? The hell is that? It sounds like another coup to me.  

ObscureEnigma

Merrin Spicer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:08 pm
There is such a thing as anarchy. ::glares to the side:: Who gives a ******** if there is no organization? Besides, there does not need to be any such thing as people. Anarchy is complete chaos and hell. Animals can still live and all of that s**t. Just humans are going to be in a s**t load of trouble if anarchy is the choice of "government", or lack thereof. I don't care about the human race at all. In fact, I want to annihiliate it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:06 pm
Heh. There... is that point of view. I meant that anarchy could not exist with humans, darling.  

ObscureEnigma

GreyWillow

Proxy Prophet

6,200 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:46 am
The way I see it, anarchy would be the perfect form of government (or, rather, non-government) if people could sort of "govern" themselves. You know, think about what they do before they do it. I mean, look at the religion of Discordianism! It's thriving (sort of) because those who practise it are morally responsible people and take the "no rules" aspect and make it a form of free expression, not a free-for-all. And no, there's no such thing as "organized anarchy." 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:53 pm
Yes. That would be indeed wondrous for the population of humans who are able to be responsible and whatnot, but for the rest of us, that form of government (or lack thereof) would fall to hell. A human does not naturally think about his actions before he does them. A human does not think through the consequences; if he did, then we would not be in the mell of a hess that we are in now. Seriously, if mankind were able to exercise that much self-control as you had mentioned, then there would theoretically be no need for government. Your idea was a good one, but it would not work because humans are not morally responsible creatures.  

ObscureEnigma

GreyWillow

Proxy Prophet

6,200 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:08 am
'Tis too true. In fact, I've written speeches on the matter of anarchy as a governmental (or non-governmental) form and how it will probably never work because of the lack of moral responsibility of humans. I don't believe in "heaven," but in heaven, anarcy would probably be its form of government/non-government because everyone would be morally responsible enough to take charge of their own actions.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:43 am
Has anyone seen any examples of anarchy in trial? I've been looking to see if anyone has actually tried to live like that, but I can't find any examples. If you come across one, please let me know.  

HarlequinGoddess

Merrin Spicer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:18 am
Heh. I have not. Everyone has the government too stuck up their butts to even try to live by anarchy. Besides, living by anarchy in this day in age would probably cause one to be in jail eventually.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:35 pm
True. The best example of anarchy is people constantly being rebellious, and that is not even a good example.  

ObscureEnigma

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:36 pm
The Vilcacambans used to have an anarchistic community.

Until some asshat built a road to Vilcacamba cry Now they have crime and sickness...Things they never really had before.

Anyway, they had no government, no police force. They all just lived together in harmony, children were never disciplined, the worst thing that happened was to withold praise. as a result everyone grew up trusting their community, there were no locks, no trappings of society whatsoever. They ate food from their own gardens, respected and revered their elders.
This continued until very recently when a road made their land accessible, now their "ideal" lifestyle has been destroyed.

If people were raised correctly - with some sense of accountability - Anarchy would not only be possible, but the only logical government. (government in the way that 'atheism' is referred to as religion)

Government is a construct of greed and sloth. Heck, throw in the other 5 sins and you've got modern society.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:06 pm
ObscureEnigma
Actually, as much as I hate to admit it, you are completely right. Anarchy cannot completely exist because we as humans need to be governed by something. Chaos cannot exist without order, and order cannot exist without chaos. Thus, unfortunately, "democracy" (or an entirely distorted version of it) is the best kind of government that we can have. And yes... organized anarchy? The hell is that? It sounds like another coup to me.

You people need to learn the true meaning of anarchy, they have a guild for that you know. Besides that, democracy isn't the best form of government, Communism is. Not like the Communist governments that have been around like in Russia, China and the likes, but true, red Communism.
Off topic here, anyone wanna play my favorite game...taze the emo.  

Elochai Sammael

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:06 pm
Anyone remember Dinotopia?  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:34 pm
Heh. Tazering emos sounds good. Meh... but about your whole communism thing; it sounds great, but never going to work. People are too damn greedy to go along with it. And Dinotopia? What is that again?  

Merrin Spicer

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:41 pm
Dinotopia was an imaginary world where there was plenty of everything for everyone, so there was no need for greed, people grew food for the community, made jewelry and clothing. They all lived and worked together, there was no stealing, no murder, because there wasn't a few people hoarding everything and leaving everyone else wanting.
It was sort of a combination of real communism (f***marxism) and anarchy. There wasn't a government that controlled everybody, people just did what they were good at, like an orchestra things worked out, mostly violins because most people prefer the smaller more convenient intruments, a few oddballs going for the Viola even though it is the only instrument to use the alto clef, then you have the Bassists and Cellists, who have to do a lot more work, but they love it, do it willingly, even though they could play violin if they wanted.

Just another daydream.  
46: Anarchist's Manifesto

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces