Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Show and tell, March 2007 (will probably become image heavy) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Show us something!
  Ok, here's my awesome project:
  Nope, nothing to see here...
View Results

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:27 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Dun, dun, dun... It's finished!

I've worked on it on and off since the first weekend in March.

Yarn: Eskimo print, 100% wool, colour 18. I used 3 skeins.
Needles: 10 mm (US 15, Imperial 000)
The yarn called for 8-9 mm (That would be US 11-13) but I'm a tight knitter so I used bigger needles.

The scarf is about five and a half inches wide and... long enough wink It's going to be a birthday present.

On the needles: Another scarf, halfway done.

Post what you're working on! Please try to keep the size of the images down if possible so everyone can enjoy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:45 pm
That is gorgeous! How did you do the ends?  

PiaZoe001

4,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:20 am
Yarn overs biggrin It's a simple scarf really. Only knit stitches and yarn overs.

Quote:
Cast on 16 stitches. Knit in garter stitch until you want the pattern to start.

1. knit 6 stitches, warp the yarn around the knitting needle 2 times (2 YO), knit 1, 3 YO, knit 1, 4 YO, knit 1, 3 YO, knit 1, 2 YO, knit 6

2. knit and let go of the yarn overs
3-4 knit

5. knit 1, *2 YO, knit 1, 3 YO, knit 1, 4 YO, knit 1, 3 YO, knit 1, 2 YO*, knit 6, repeat the stuff between * and * and end with knitting the last stitch

6. knit and let go of the yarn overs

7-8. knit

9. Repeat row 1

10. same as row 2.

Keep knitting in garter stitch until the scarf is long enough, then repeat the pattern for the other end and finish the scarf.

Did that make sense at all? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:51 am
Okay. You can tell it's been a while since I've been in the guild. I didn't realize the show and tell thread and become monthly rather than weekly.

These are all pics from my journal, so if you want more info on the projects, go there.

The Sour Skittle Stripedy Poncho of DEWM (with matching hat):

The Mushrooms that Steal My Soul (DS Cozy):
Since this photo was taken, a white star button has been added to the top. The mushroom opens up to I can put the charger or headphones in there. Eventually I want to make a pocket on the back to look like the bricks to put one of those cases with extra games in.  

knitting_needle_ninja

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:19 am
Quote:

OMG! you crafted light! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:19 am
Can I post something that's not yet done? I've got three projects on the needles but none are finished. hehe xD  

faeriebell

Eloquent Conversationalist

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

faeriebell

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:42 am
User Image
Well, I'll just post one picture of the sock I'm working on. It's not anywhere close to done but it sure is pretty. I'm using the Jaywalker pattern which can be found on Magknits.com. My yarn is Claudia's Handpainted Yarn in Purple Earth and it's on size 1 (2.50mm) needles.

The other projects I'm working on are both scarves. One is the Leaning Ladders lace scarf, you can find the pattern linked here. I'm using Araucania yarn in a pumpkin color and size 8 needles. It's coming along nicely but it's not close to being finished either!

The other scarf is just a plain ol' chunky scarf knit in k1,p1 ribbing using Rowan big wool and size 17 needles. I wanted to finish it when it was still cold outside. I'm closer to being finished on this scarf but I'm not working on it right now because I know I won't get any use out of it til next winter. I'm a bad procrastinator and mad at myself for not finishing it. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:22 pm
faeriebell
User Image
Well, I'll just post one picture of the sock I'm working on. It's not anywhere close to done but it sure is pretty. I'm using the Jaywalker pattern which can be found on Magknits.com. My yarn is Claudia's Handpainted Yarn in Purple Earth and it's on size 1 (2.50mm) needles.

The other projects I'm working on are both scarves. One is the Leaning Ladders lace scarf, you can find the pattern linked here. I'm using Araucania yarn in a pumpkin color and size 8 needles. It's coming along nicely but it's not close to being finished either!

The other scarf is just a plain ol' chunky scarf knit in k1,p1 ribbing using Rowan big wool and size 17 needles. I wanted to finish it when it was still cold outside. I'm closer to being finished on this scarf but I'm not working on it right now because I know I won't get any use out of it til next winter. I'm a bad procrastinator and mad at myself for not finishing it. crying

How do you like the Jaywalkers (yours looks lovely)? I'm especially curious if the bias knit pattern is stretchy - I can't measure the foot of my giftee and I'm hoping I have some room for error. I plan to start this weekend - I'm just waiting for my yarn to arrive in the mail. I got Cherry Tree Hill's supersock merino in the Sugar Maple colorway.  

Tinuvial

faeriebell

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:09 am
I really like the Jaywalkers pattern. It's such an easy repeat and the zig-zags look really pretty in this colorway. I think it's pretty stretchy, you'll probaby have some lee-way since you can't measure the recipient.

I love the Sugar Maple colorway, it's very pretty! Is it good yarn? I've never used it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
I need to try that pattern. I want to learn how to do the Jaywalkers thing too.  

PiaZoe001

4,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150

Tinuvial

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:50 pm
The Cherry Tree Hill supersock merino arrived in the mail today. The colors are even lovlier in person. It's incredibly soft and appears to be plyed with a very firm twist. Hooray for yarn that doesn't come untwisted when you ssk! I've got a sleeveless sweater on the needles right now, but when I get around to swatching I'll give you a more complete review.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:28 pm
I decided to try and tackle a pair of socks using DMC cotton. BIG mistake. It's pretty damn slippery and takes quite a bit of tugging to get a decent tension. It was, however, the only thing that came close to sock yarn that had the colors I wanted (without paying a fortune).

I do NOT suggest using DMC to do socks. sweatdrop It does look pretty tho.

Toe-up socks made using a pattern I created. Inspired by Harry Potter's Gryffindor Scarf. 3nodding

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

faeriebell

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:44 pm
Tinuvial
The Cherry Tree Hill supersock merino arrived in the mail today. The colors are even lovlier in person. It's incredibly soft and appears to be plyed with a very firm twist. Hooray for yarn that doesn't come untwisted when you ssk! I've got a sleeveless sweater on the needles right now, but when I get around to swatching I'll give you a more complete review.
Yay! Yarn is always prettier in person than it is in photos, that's why it's so hard to get good pictures of your projects!! ^^ I'm excited to hear your thoughts on the yarn. smile It sounds great.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:47 pm
Peppermint Elf
I decided to try and tackle a pair of socks using DMC cotton. BIG mistake. It's pretty damn slippery and takes quite a bit of tugging to get a decent tension. It was, however, the only thing that came close to sock yarn that had the colors I wanted (without paying a fortune).

Toe-up socks made using a pattern I created. Inspired by Harry Potter's Gryffindor Scarf. 3nodding

Sorry to hear that the yarn was ick to work with. I like the stripes and the ribbing pattern, if it's any consilation it does look really good. And kudos for designing your own pattern, I've yet to wing it on a pair of socks. ^^  

faeriebell

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:43 pm
faeriebell
Peppermint Elf

Sorry to hear that the yarn was ick to work with. I like the stripes and the ribbing pattern, if it's any consilation it does look really good. And kudos for designing your own pattern, I've yet to wing it on a pair of socks. ^^
Thanks faeriebell! The hardest part was figuring out how big to make the stripes so that the heel was perfectly in the middle of a stripe without making the sock too small or too big. sweatdrop Not as easy as it seems...  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff