Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Barbies Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sims is like Barbies
  aha! it is!!!
  if you say so... :-
View Results

athena08905

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:12 pm
so...any girl can probably read the title and go "hm...that's true..." sims is so much like barbies...I mean, think about it...sims-you make them walk around and do what you want them to do...except they can do some things on their own, too...and you don't have to beg mommy to buy the accessories like cars...but you do have to beg for each expansion....I think you guys who play sims...maybe you can realize the fun little girls have with barbies...
yeah, random, I know...but anywho...
Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:48 pm
I'm not sure you'll get too many blokes agreeing with you. You wouldn't catch me dead near a Barbie but you may find me cuddling my Sims CDs.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

goddess_oraorchid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:49 pm
I actully agree except with sims instead of just being the Barbie overlord I can be a sim GOD GOD I TELL YOU HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:59 pm
haha Yah...it's so much fun. blaugh I use to be a HUGE Barbie fan. sweatdrop  

phoenixsoul13

Invisible Citizen

11,865 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Invisibility 100

goddess_oraorchid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:16 pm
I-I still am I collete them for their resale value 30 years from now  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:08 am
Ha, it kind of is. For the girls (and guys) who use to play barbies but now are too old and can play this now!  

The Extraordinary Lauren

Infinity-Nevermore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:38 pm
Very true.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:51 pm
Haha theres definately a connection here. I was an avid barbie fan as a kid, and when my barbies went away, I discovered the sims a few years later. Then I was addicted. I became even more addicted when the sequel came out because my goal in life is to have a big happy family, so most of my sim families have a crapload of kids.  

WindhoesXP

minaflower71

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:27 pm
Menaceman
I'm not sure you'll get too many blokes agreeing with you. You wouldn't catch me dead near a Barbie but you may find me cuddling my Sims CDs.

sweatdrop Yeah..same here...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:48 pm
im a barbie girl in a barbie world wrapped in plastic its fantastic  

Jhlalala

athena08905

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:56 pm
and menaceman didn't think anyone would agree biggrin I think it's just cuz he doesn't wanna think he loves anything close to barbies razz  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:09 am
I have no idea how sims relate to barbies. o_o I'm totally not seeing the connection here. I don't beg for the expansions, I go out and buy them. Sure I can tell my sims what to do, but it's the sims that decide which careers will make them happiest and what furnishings will bring them points, I can't control that. <_<;;  

Enelya Anarion

Omnipresent Strawberry

9,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200

athena08905

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:52 pm
I can control their wants...I'm addicted to cheating...so I can control every single aspect twisted razz and I don't mean literally beg...you don't have to beg for barbies, either...you usually got them for birthdays or christmas or what-not...at least I did and a lot of kids I knew/know do/did... rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:15 pm
In a way it's like dolls I guess but it's not quite like it. There's much more you can do on the Sims and it's a little more grown up than Barbies.

There's no Pink Corvette and I don't pop the heads off my Sims. mrgreen  

Lady Vina

Spoilt_lil_missy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:11 pm
I don't know; I can see what you're saying but I don't go for total control over my Sims...everything that they can do for themselves, the do for themselves, the only thing I control are the things that they can't. And I don't remember my Barbie doll (I only had one) ever walking around by herself and having loads of kids...and I would never throw my Sims across the room...which is what used to happen to my Barbie when she 'flew'  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff