Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Fed up with Hot Topic. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:23 pm
Can someone recomend me a store where i can get stuff that wont fall apart right away? I need to replace my brand new Hot Topic boots.

I only had them for a week or so before they start falling apart. So they cost me about $10 a day I actually got to use them.

Also, I live in America, and would rather not pay to ship overseas, so I need a good place with a store physically located in America.

Thanks in advance.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:26 pm
That's what you get for shopping at a store than is notorious for stocking virtually nothing but crap.

For American stores?

www.batgearbeyond.com

This site has a directory of websites for goth (as well as rave, lolita, punk, and a few others) clothes and accessories. Each listing also shows the country the store is located in.  

GilAskan
Crew

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:26 pm
thanks alot.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:30 pm
They used to be so pretty, too.

User Image

May they Rest in Peace.  

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:37 pm
CircleOfTheDarkOnes

User Image

May they Rest in Peace.

Hot Topic's boots are all knock-offs. That's why they fall apart. If you want the legitimate (and original) versions of those, look up "TUK" on Google.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:12 pm
The website Art of Dark has a good boot selection... though whether or not they are knock-offs, I would not be sure. (and unfortunately they seem to be a German store)  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:27 pm
GilAskan
CircleOfTheDarkOnes

User Image

May they Rest in Peace.

Hot Topic's boots are all knock-offs. That's why they fall apart. If you want the legitimate (and original) versions of those, look up "TUK" on Google.

Yes. TUK is what I was gonna suggest.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:37 pm
Yuck, I feel your pain. My belt from Hot Topic fell apart soon after I bought it, while my other belt from PacSun (which was about the same price as the one from Hot Topic) was a year older and still in better condition. Well, at least the clothes from Hot Topic aren't as shoddy. because HT doesn't make them.  

Freedom Fire

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:03 pm
Freedom Fire
Yuck, I feel your pain. My belt from Hot Topic fell apart soon after I bought it, while my other belt from PacSun (which was about the same price as the one from Hot Topic) was a year older and still in better condition. Well, at least the clothes from Hot Topic aren't as shoddy. because HT doesn't make them.
Indeed, my friend bought a studded wrist band that had "Hot Topic" in huge letters on the back, and it fell apart right away. i got the exact same one, only it says "monster3y" on the back, way before he got his, and it's still good. Strong as ever.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:11 pm
Freedom Fire

Actually, a lot of the brands which HT carries aren't of good quality. For example, I've bought Tripp corsets, only to have the boning warp drastically and poke into my ribcage only a few hours arter putting the damn'd thing on!

However, I have managed to find a few decent things ther, such as a pleather collar which I've had for about two years now.

As for good gothic clothing stores, the only ones I know of are in California and Massachusetts, and some of them are rather high end. I actually find most of my clothing from thrift shops as well as 'normal' stores. However, I know that pulling off the goth look with clothing from normal stores is much harder for guys than it is for girls...
However, if you live in CA or MA feel free to ask me about the stores I know of!

As for normal stores, here are some ones which can be fabulous resources for the ladies:

Claires
Marshalls
Lane Bryant
JC Penny
Goodwill/other thrift shops
and so on...  

DreamerSpirit

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:20 pm
DreamerSpirit
However, I know that pulling off the goth look with clothing from normal stores is much harder for guys than it is for girls...
I dress in more of a corporate goth style, so most of my stuff actually does come from 'normal' stores. Really the only big thing I need from a Goth store is, ironicly enough, boots.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:45 pm
CircleOfTheDarkOnes
DreamerSpirit
However, I know that pulling off the goth look with clothing from normal stores is much harder for guys than it is for girls...
I dress in more of a corporate goth style, so most of my stuff actually does come from 'normal' stores. Really the only big thing I need from a Goth store is, ironicly enough, boots.

Well, with the corperate look that makes sense...

Anyways, I would have thought that boots would be relatively easy to find... but then again I suppose it depends on your style.

I know that a lot of people can pull off the goth look with normal biker boots. Harley Davidson has som pretty cool designs for boots.

As for other boots, I've heard that Doc Martins are really good, ane perhaps look into TUK as well...  

DreamerSpirit

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:10 pm
i think i'm just way picky XP  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:36 am
Other than the fact that their things are crap, and they fall apart almost as soon as you get them. They are no longer as goth as they used to be, they're going down the road of punk and emo, not even goth anymore. The tripp pants looks more punk than they do goth anymore. I only have two pairs for over a year and they are finally going the road of rags and I need new ones, but I won't get them from hot topic. I was given another store that I could try here in Jersey, if I could ever get there.  

Krys_Night

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:41 am
Vixens and Angels is a US dealer with loads of good shoes.

I recommend the New Rocks. They're pricey, but they're fantastic. I've worn mine in wind and rain and mud and they still look new!  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff