Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
What do you hate most about people, and grammer mistakes? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whitch one do you hate most?
  Mising periods
  Or spelling errors?
View Results

elfymoogle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:16 pm
I know I'm not a good speller so please try and not notice.Eney ways what I hate most is when people mis the most oveuose things.!

I'm only 11!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:59 pm
I'm sorry, but I have to notice, that's why I'm in this guild! gonk  

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:05 am
Hey, guess what, I'm 11 too. Since when has 'speller' been a word? It's like 'drawer' which seriously pisses me off. Thankyou for the class example.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:19 am
I'm truly sorry, but this is why we are all here. We notice other people's errors, and some of us can let it pass and some of us will go nuts over an incorrect sentence.

As for what I dislike about what people miss when correcting their grammar is not writing/speaking/typing properly. I also do not tolerate slang or text-talk/type in a formal essay such as the ones I see when I tutor people.  

Patron with a Mission

Kukushka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:14 am
I can't stand it when people forget to use question marks - especially if the sentence structure is ambiguous. Without vocal tones, it can sometimes be impossible to tell if someone is asking a question or making a statement. My husband is one of these people, sadly.

The other one that really bugs me is when people confuse "less" and "fewer." I don't know why, but that mistake makes the little veins in my neck want to pop out.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:16 pm
I think you might need a tutor; that spelling is pretty atrocious... sweatdrop  

The Lady Narcissa

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:33 pm
(hmmmm what mistakes bug me?) Well most of the time Txt talk and not capitaizing the I's and forgot puncation.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:24 pm
What bugs me most is when people spell like you. Sorry that was kinda mean. sweatdrop  

darkrose_eve

1,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

abarrach

7,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:25 am
elfymoogle
I know I'm not a good speller so please try and not notice.Eney ways what I hate most is when people mis the most oveuose things.!

I'm only 11!

I'm sorry, but by 11, you should be able to spell "Anyways" and "miss" correctly. And if you don't know a word like "obvious", look it up... that's what a dictionary is for, and google is very useful for suggesting the correct spelling of a word.

It bugs me when people confuse "then" and "than", they don't know the difference between "fewer" and "less", "except" and "accept", and a whole bunch of other erroneous word substitutions.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:35 am
I agree with the people above me with more than wholeheartedness. Obviously, even if you are 11, you should be able to spell more than just those small words.

I joined this guild to protect grammar, not to watch people like you bring it down... Sorry, that was very mean, but that's how I am about grammar. I'm so-o sorry. sweatdrop

Alexia Angel Holtes

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:41 am
darkrose_eve
What bugs me most is when people spell like you. Sorry that was kinda mean. sweatdrop

I don't really mind considering that I don't know you and even if I did I still wouldn't care.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:20 am
You're going too easy on him. If you can't spell, there's a pretty useful thing called a dictionary. I allows you to look up words, and find the correct spelling and meaning. Either you haven't heard of one (amazingly imporbable), don't own one or are too lazy to actually move a finger and pick one up.
If I hadn't posted my age, if I came in taking like that I would get kicked out. So there.  

MadnessFreak

Blocktapus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:27 pm
What most people hate about spelling mistakes is that no one understands it.
I think the reason people "txt-tlk" is because they want to be like "everyone else". Two things.

One: They want to be like the people who are like us (anti-txt tlk) but they can't do it because they are too..... And they think they're grammar is good (it might be good compared to some people) or because they are too.... To know it.

Two: They want to be like the n00bs (A.K.A. txt-tlkers) so they act like that except they didn't look at how they are treated, I'm surprised to say it, but they deserve it... Unfortunately it won't help.

But what I don't like about it is when they use the wrong spelling when it sounds the same as the right word.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:21 pm
When I don't know how to spell something - I take the time and to go to dictionary.com or get a dictionary and figure out how to spell it.

So spelling errors annoy me the most, especially when it's so easy to find the correct spelling.

Chase Keyhole

[Psychotic.Ballerina]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:18 pm
I hate them both with a passion. I have to correct everybody if they do either. I even correct my own friends. gonk  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff