Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
How were you introduced to Sailor Moon? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AClockworkBanana

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:31 pm
I remember when I was 7, I slept with my parents in bed. (Afraid of ghosts and stuff, normal elementary school frame of mind.) My Dad would get up every morning to watch some sort of political debate show on a local channel. One Saturday morning, my Dad pulled me out of bed at 5:30.

Naturally, as a little one, I went 'WTF Dad'.

He tugged me into the living room, and the debate show was finishing its last round. Well, I was pissed. Little Leah didn't want to see some boring debate show. Leah wanted to see Pepper Ann and that Dumb Bunny show she watched every Saturday morning!

Then Sailor Moon came on. I was amazed.

It was episode 11. Usagi vs. Rei? A Nightmare in Dreamland

I remember going, "Hey, Daddy. This is Chinese, right?"

After that minding blowing experience of my first anime, some puppet Dinosaur show came on.

...And ever since, I have liked anime and Sailor Moon. Jeez, even my boyfriend and I watched Sailor Moon StarS together a few months ago.

THE END!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:55 pm
I was 13 and I came home from school. I turned on the TV and flipped through the channels. I had already seen some anime before like A-ko , Lendsman, Akira, Eyes of Mars, and whatever was on the Sci-Fi channel. So I was like, hey this is like the Sci Fi channel toons. And then I was hooked. ^_^ heart  

autumn_rabbit13

Syndrama

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:11 pm
I took a Japanese language/culture class in Highschool and the sensei brought a subbed copy of the R movie <3 I loved it and was ecstatic to find the series on USA Network later.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:59 pm
I think I was over at a friend's house and we were just watching TV. She wanted to show me this awesome new show, and lo and behold, it was none other than Sailor Moon. That Halloween, we ended up dressing up as Sailor Moon and Mars, respectively. As for age, I'm pretty sure I was around 6 or 7.  

+Trynyti+

recordtanktop0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:08 pm
When I was young, I found the show on t.v. and I've benn in to it ever scence.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:25 pm
I was in 4th grade the first time I saw Sailor Moon. heart We just happened to watch it on tv (it was the first season) and we would run around pretending we were sailor scouts.. lol. I think she was either Sailor Moon or Sailor Venus, her little sister was Sailor Jupiter and I was Sailor Mars. (We would always say "Jupiter is stupider" just to piss her off. No offense to anyone, I personally love sailor jupiter. lol) When we got bored of being them, we "made our own senshi", where I would run around being Sailor Uranus, my friend was Neptune and I can't remember if her sister was Saturn or Pluto.. lol.
We got a couple of the (really ugly) little sailor moon dolls. I got Sailor Mars and I actually brought it to school (which would be a big deal if I was caught w/ it, strict baptist schools are CRAZY). Another one of my friends bought me a bottle of SAILOR MOON SHAMPOO. It was kinda shaped like sailor moon.. oh my god, it was so awesome. I wish I still had the bottle - I kept it for years and then it poofed. ;_;
I stayed a fan of the show, and when I was about 13 I decided to look up sailor moon on the internet, and found a picture of all the sailor senshi, including the starlights. I was immediately focused on sailor Uranus and Neptune, who were holding eachother in the picture.. and I've been madly in love with Sailor Uranus since. heart I started buying overpriced subtitled episodes on vhs just to see the show in japanese (before they dubbed the s and supers season a couple years later), and.. yeah. I started rping online, my best friend started calling me "Haruka-papa" (and another friend, who didn't watch it, called me "Haruka Potatoe").
and uh.. i've been an addict since. xd  

Velma Touched My Tralala

IRL Dog

6,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Elocutionist 200

megsaroni88

Fashionable Lunatic

9,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:26 pm
I don't remember how old I was but it was the first anime I watched (after that was pokemon, I belive sweatdrop ) I blame it for my addiction now-a-days but I'm glad I watched it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:05 pm
me dont remeber how old I was but I do remeber always watching sailor moon in the monring before going to school. my mom would comb my hair and I will watch it I was so in love with it and still am mrgreen heart  

Phoenix_17

Nettie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:14 am
When I was in elementary school, I would have to get up really early, since school started at around 7:00. So, everyday, I'd wake up at 5:30, and flip through the channels. One day, I stumbled upon a scene of thin girls flipping around with tiny skirts on, and I was amazed.
So, since I was about 6 or something, I've been OBSESSED with Sailor Moon. It was the first anime I had ever seen!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:29 pm
I was...5 or 6, I would always get up early to watch Banana's in Pajamas and before it was Sailor Moon (I'd always catch the last 10 minutes) and I really liked it.

Then I was 8 and it moved to Cartoon Network after school.

the rest is history  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

c. Alluvion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:19 pm
I never saw it on TV myself. sweatdrop

One day I decided I wanted to start reading manga (perhaps through "CardCaptors"), and decided Sailor Moon was a pretty good place to start. I flipped through the earliest issue of the manga Borders had (volume 3, or perhaps somewhere during the Black Moon arc), and my mind was blown.

I was hooked ever since.

My first anime episdes were from a dubbed S video-- it had the one at the dance held by the French man and the one with the runner and Uranus's origin. I remember being distinctly unimpressed with "Serena's" voice. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:35 am

I'm fairly certain that I didn't know what anime was, the first time that I saw Sailor Moon.
I was probably in third or fourth grade,
and I know that I would wake up early every Saturday morning in order to watch it,
but I honestly don't remember what, exactly, introduced me to it or the first time that I watched it.

Much like the rest of you, I played Sailor Moon on the playground, too.
xd
I always played as Sailor Moon herself, because she had the coolest powers and was a princess!

So appealing to my grade-school mind.

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

jovemako

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:56 pm
mine was SOO much later than everyone else. I grew up watching X-men, TMNT, etc.
I was introduced to Sailor Moon spring of my junior year of high school. I was home for a couple of days with a bad cold, and it came on Toonami at 2 in afternoon (amazing what you remember! lol) The very first episode I had seen was one of the SMR "lost episodes"- ep. 79 "brotherly love" when Diamond killed Sapphire (or for the purests- ep. 86 "Safiel zetsumei! Wiseman no wana! The Death of Saffir! Wiseman's Trap." ) after that I was hooked! in fact, by day three I felt better but I actually feined sick for the day just to watch another episode. After that, I'd tape it everyday, and then rush home to watch it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:18 pm
people.  

Sailor-Rei

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:34 pm
I got into it around .... '95 I think... back when Toonami was good and some other channels were cool enough to show it.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff