Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Anyone here not dress goth? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkPhsycotic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:00 pm
First off, i wan't to apoligize If I do offend anyone with my last statement

Are there any goths here who does not dress like a vampire, or does not have pale skin?
I do not for two reasons

1) I am obese, and nothing from hottopic or any other store like that has my size.
well, I still buy jewelry and stuff, but still, im not full on goth

2) I try not to be a show off, If I am all paleish, or all black with leather spike-studded things, I might look like a mall goth/posuer ( no offence to the people that do look full on gothic, bc I know not all of you are posuers)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:09 pm

Wow
Never thought I would see another one of these

.[Hellebore].

ketchakik

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:10 pm
meh goth is about an astetic of finding beauty in the darker side of things...

quite frankly i don't know what one would call my look personally.....  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:28 am
I dress like me, so I wear whatever I want. I'm not always in black, but i'm not really far from it very often. Not because I want to be goth, but because thats what I like.
Try Morbid Threads. Its a plus size Hot Topic store. Its really awesome.
I am not pale either. Well I am crazy pale during the winter, but I love the sun. I love the feel of it on my skin, so I am very tan. And I love swimming.

lyssiah

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:59 am
y'know, goth isn't just the fancy clothes, I usually just stick to plain old black jeans and tees (then then, I'm metal and we're a simple breed that don't care much for adornment xd ), but even just that's goth; look at the old goth bands, its only in latter years that the 'vampire' look has emerged.

And you don't need to stick with certain shops either, regularly when i'm in need of new duds I hop down to a charity shop, buy a crap load of cheap jeans, and dye them. Very easy, and cheap too. Jeans; £3, dye £6, you can dye 2-3 pairs of jeans with them, so that works out to about £6 a pair of jeans *UK so use the American equivilent of prices for charity and dye*, not too bad, which leaves you with more money for music biggrin

And don't give a crap about what people think of you, if they do call you a poseur etc they're about as much worth as a bug on the floor, and obviously insecure in themselves if they feel the need to put down others in order to justify themselves.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:11 am
Well, the following quote is fairly well-known in the Lolita subculture, I feel that it applies to goth as well:

"Even when wearing a jersy, a princess is a pirncess." ~Takemoto Novala

Well, the quote may not sound too gothy, I feel that, in essence, it fits the subculture quite well.

Just think, if Voltaire decided to dress in colored polos and kakhis all the time, would that suddenly make him not a goth? It most certainly would not, because goth is a part of who he is, and no amount of color or pop music could take that away.  

DreamerSpirit

Surami-Fox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:45 pm
Well Goth isn't really a fasion but if you are talking about the fashion, I don't. I dress more emo. I'm pale and I wear black but yea....more emo than goth.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:53 pm
i wear what pleases me. i dress for no one but myself. if i feel like going all out in chains and leather, then i will. other days, i feel like being girly and i dress up. usually one can find me in jeans and a t-shirt. same with makeup. somedays its dark and thick, others its pretty and natural. i fit into no stereotype.  

Analei

Bakurish

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:20 pm
I rarely dress 'Goth'. For example, today I wore tan cargo capris, a light grey tee shirt, and track shoes. Just something simple. Honestly though, I'd say I dress more neo-bohemian than goth...
confused  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:03 pm
About the only "goth" thing I have is my heartogram "Him" shirt, which I got at hot topic. But I do have pale skin; my skin is the palest of all my friends. I try to tan, but it's hard because my skin has a hard time even getting sunburn.  

Tari_Leralonde

ProfessinalNewbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:45 pm
I normally dress like a militant person. usually camo pants, combat boots, and a black t shirt. Once in a while i will where black jeans this silky black shirt and my fedora.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:04 pm
Isobel Bellamy
y'know, goth isn't just the fancy clothes, I usually just stick to plain old black jeans and tees (then then, I'm metal and we're a simple breed that don't care much for adornment xd ), but even just that's goth; look at the old goth bands, its only in latter years that the 'vampire' look has emerged.

And you don't need to stick with certain shops either, regularly when i'm in need of new duds I hop down to a charity shop, buy a crap load of cheap jeans, and dye them. Very easy, and cheap too. Jeans; £3, dye £6, you can dye 2-3 pairs of jeans with them, so that works out to about £6 a pair of jeans *UK so use the American equivilent of prices for charity and dye*, not too bad, which leaves you with more money for music biggrin

And don't give a crap about what people think of you, if they do call you a poseur etc they're about as much worth as a bug on the floor, and obviously insecure in themselves if they feel the need to put down others in order to justify themselves.
Pretty much summed it up, down to the same fashion and technique. -_-  

Rellik San
Crew

Myollnir

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:30 pm
I sure don't.
I kinda dress... like a bummy teenager. I get mistaken for a hobo often. XP I look like Igby in Igby Goes Down: big scarf, tattered suit, stuff that doesn't quite fit.

I enjoy having pale skin, but I don't really bother wearing sunscreen, and I spend my summer days walking around... yessums, I get tanned!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:40 pm
Most of the time I dress pretty normally... otherwise I occasionally dress a bit like a punkish goth (dark denim shirt, black, red, or gray shirt underneath, fedora, camo/denim pants, and boots are what I like to wear most in regards to that)  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

deadlykill7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:03 pm
I don't wear gothic clothes...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items