Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
American Sailor Moon Live Action Movie Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

autumn_rabbit13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:08 pm
I heard somewhere that FOX bought the rights to Sailor Moon, and were thinking of making a live action movie. I don't know if this is true or not, but I was wondering if they did, which actor or actress would you pick to play the characters?

Examples: Sara Michell Geller as Sailor Moon and Freddie Prinz Jr. as Tuxedo Mask (not really my choices here but I am just saying...)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:22 pm
That would suck... terribly... Stick to the Anime, guys... They need to bring in StarS before they even consider the live-action thing...  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

+Trynyti+

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:16 pm
gonk
For the love of Sailor Moon and all things related, please don't let that rumor be true.
If they make a movie, they might as well start making that half cartoon half live action show too. . .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:14 pm
If they do an American Sailor Moon movie, I say ditch live action altogether-- go with american-style animation. Think about it-- you get to design the look of the characters to be whatever you want, and you probably save a buckload on special effects. blaugh If that were to happen, then Veronica Taylor for Sailor Mercury and Tara Strong (or Danielle Judovits) for Venus.

I'm pretty bad with live-action actors's names. Live action... um... Think they could get Brandon Routh for Nephrite? sweatdrop  

c. Alluvion

Syndrama

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:08 pm
Wow... talk about ANCIENT rumors sweatdrop That rumor came about back when R season was airing for the first time in America... It was squashed when it was released to major anime news sites that FOX never got the rights from Toei.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:48 pm
Lol, I would be thrilled if it were true. It may end up being a horrible, disgraceful flop with Sailor Moon's name on it, but i'd still be watching it, and laughing at it... and enjoying it in some sick, terrible way.

My cast:

Moon: Kristen Dunst User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Chibi Moon: Dakota Fanning User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mercury: Brittany Murphey? User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mars: Rachel Leigh Cook User Image

Venus: Mena Suvari User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jupiter: Carla Gugino User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Saturn: Natalie Portman User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Uranus: Kiera Knightley User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Neptune: Nicole Kidman User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pluto: Jordana Brewster User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tux-boy: Jason Cook User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Velma Touched My Tralala

IRL Dog

6,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Elocutionist 200

autumn_rabbit13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:05 pm
~Alechsa~
Wow... talk about ANCIENT rumors sweatdrop That rumor came about back when R season was airing for the first time in America... It was squashed when it was released to major anime news sites that FOX never got the rights from Toei.

Yup and Gena Davis would be Beryl and Melissa Joan Heart (Sabrina the teenage Witch) would play Sailor Moon. I read that in a comic book magazine and thought that was so cool (back when I was 16 of course). sweatdrop

Nisora: I like your choices, Especially Mercury and Venus. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:11 pm
c. Alluvion
If they do an American Sailor Moon movie, I say ditch live action altogether-- go with american-style animation. Think about it-- you get to design the look of the characters to be whatever you want, and you probably save a buckload on special effects. blaugh If that were to happen, then Veronica Taylor for Sailor Mercury and Tara Strong (or Danielle Judovits) for Venus.

I'm pretty bad with live-action actors's names. Live action... um... Think they could get Brandon Routh for Nephrite? sweatdrop

FOX could stick to the story line, but take out the whole "sailor" uniform and go with just the powers. Or some other transformation outfit. It'll be like the "American version of Sailor Moon." lol xd sweatdrop Wait, I think they did that...it's called W.I.T.C.H. XD omg...  

autumn_rabbit13

Velma Touched My Tralala

IRL Dog

6,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:17 pm
autumn_rabbit13
~Alechsa~

Yup and Gena Davis would be Beryl and Melissa Joan Heart (Sabrina the teenage Witch) would play Sailor Moon. I read that in a comic book magazine and thought that was so cool (back when I was 16 of course). sweatdrop

Oh.. I didn't choose one for Mercury yet. lol! The names are confusing, I know.. the pictures are right nexto the appropriate name, my bad! ^^;  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:29 pm
Nisora

Pluto: Jordana Brewster User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

really? I thought Hale Berri would make the perfect Pluto, Dark Skinned and Sexy heart  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Syndrama

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:34 pm
kawaiibunny3
Nisora

really? I thought Hale Berri would make the perfect Pluto, Dark Skinned and Sexy heart

You want an olive skin tone for Setsuna, not a brown one. Something Mediterranean would be best.

I'd make Nicole Kidman Uranus, not Neptune, she has more of a Uranus look, especially in that picture. Also has legs that kill. <3  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:43 pm
~Alechsa~
kawaiibunny3
Nisora

You want an olive skin tone for Setsuna, not a brown one. Something Mediterranean would be best.

I'd make Nicole Kidman Uranus, not Neptune, she has more of a Uranus look, especially in that picture. Also has legs that kill. <3

Actually, Halle has a darker skintone than Jordana. At least from what i've noticed.
...*drools* Nicole Kidman is sexy no matter what role she's playing. sweatdrop I couldn't see her as Haruka, though. Maybe it's just me XD  

Velma Touched My Tralala

IRL Dog

6,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Elocutionist 200

autumn_rabbit13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:59 pm
Nisora
autumn_rabbit13
~Alechsa~

Oh.. I didn't choose one for Mercury yet. lol! The names are confusing, I know.. the pictures are right nexto the appropriate name, my bad! ^^;

Oh! I see now..Well...she could make a good Mars..But I am not too excited about who you chose as Jupiter...She looks too old... OMG look what I found

http://www.ifitsmovies.com/2007/02/06/joss-whedon-now-free-to-do-sailor-moon-live-action-movie/ eek Lindsay Lohan as Sailor Moon..GOD No...Mischa Barton..possibility..Wonder how Whedon will do this...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:04 pm
autumn_rabbit13
Nisora
autumn_rabbit13
~Alechsa~

Oh! I see now..Well...she could make a good Mars..But I am not too excited about who you chose as Jupiter...She looks too old... OMG look what I found

http://www.ifitsmovies.com/2007/02/06/joss-whedon-now-free-to-do-sailor-moon-live-action-movie/ eek Lindsay Lohan as Sailor Moon..GOD No...Mischa Barton..possibility..Wonder how Whedon will do this...

...*twitch*..

Yeah, she is getting pretty old. It's really dificult to find actresses that could actually pull off a role in Sailor Moon. gonk I can't find a decent Mercury for the life of me.
I pretty much chose her because of the tomboy look in the picture. xd and her hair..  

Velma Touched My Tralala

IRL Dog

6,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers