37%
 37%  [ 26 ]
Cardcaptor Sakura
62%
 62%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 69

Andserkiel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:24 am
Ultimate battle of the top manga reads for teen girls. Cardcaptor Sakura is full of kawainess but Sailor Moon has a brilliant love story and history behind it. Both have great artwork, humour and action and are written and drawn by top female artists- Naoko Takeuchi and CLAMP.
Which one wins your vote? I honestly can't decide question  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:12 am
I like CCs better than SM because it doesn't seem as stupid. Although I can see how SM can have a following. I also like the story behind CCS and the characters. The art is very kawaii indeed.
But SM does have a decent storyline. But it gets kooky after a time. Too kooky for me to stay up with.  

Tobias Mule

Misaki_Chii54
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:53 pm
With the manga... I like CCS better. It was a bit freaky at times with having the gay relationships and Tomoyo liking Sakura more than a friend... it's not that I have anything against it, I was still too used to the crappy dubbed series. The ending for the whole series of CCS was AWSOME!!! Sailor Moon manga... the whole thing was kinda bleh.. probably the anime series was better  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:57 pm
Misaki_Chii
With the manga... I like CCS better. It was a bit freaky at times with having the gay relationships and Tomoyo liking Sakura more than a friend... it's not that I have anything against it, I was still too used to the crappy dubbed series. The ending for the whole series of CCS was AWSOME!!! Sailor Moon manga... the whole thing was kinda bleh.. probably the anime series was better

eek
Okay...I only saw the anime. Had no idea about the relationships thing...I'd rather not think about right now...
But I still liked the series CCS better than SM.  

Tobias Mule

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:50 pm
Oh come now, girls. You can't really compare the two. SM may both be mahou shoujo manga/anime, but they are entirely different. Plus Sailor Moon was more sentai...

Speaking only about the manga...Sailor Moon has my vote. Sailor Moon was what got me into anime/manga and I still love it to this day. heart The artwork is beautiful even though it's kinda old school. I adored the love story and almost everything else about it. 3nodding You could get the uncut Sailor Moon in ze manga when it wasn't available to you through anime. biggrin The only thing that TP did wrong was using the dub names. Blekk. "Bunny" and "Darien" and "Rini", etc. stare

When the CCS manga came out, I was really excited because I had watched the fansubs, but the artwork disappointed me. Not one of CLAMP's best manga work, but the artbooks were wonderful, I admit to that. I have three of them. blaugh
I don't think Tomoyo had a girl crush on Sakura, I think she sincerely cared about her like her mom did for Sakura's mother. No shoujo ai. razz  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:54 am
i love ccs of course but i still like sm  

Madhatters party

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200

Starshine

Destructive Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:11 pm
I would go for CCS, maybe because SM never interested me as much. Although really its pretty hard to choose between the two.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:55 pm
Sailor Moon was my favorite anime, and I still have a soft spot for it whee . So, it get's my vote.  

Ryoko-chan

dancing_on_hyenas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:57 pm
i never really got into ccs, manga or anime, but sm was what got me into anime, so it will always hold a special place for me. heck i even used to dream about it. sweatdrop what can i say sm is amazing. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:09 pm
dancing_on_hyenas
i never really got into ccs, manga or anime, but sm was what got me into anime, so it will always hold a special place for me. heck i even used to dream about it. sweatdrop what can i say sm is amazing. ^^

I used to have Sailor Moon dreams. OMG, I remember this one.... it happened in 8th grade and I specifically remember Venus and Jupiter in it. I have forgotten some of the minor details... but I remember Venus and Juptier being tied up together by one of their feet... like a 3 leg race, you know? Anyways... they were struggling to escape their foot perdicament... I was either Misaki(from AL) or Chibiusa. They got out and told me to wait in the house (that's where we were... dunno what house, just something random). It was dark and they went to go fight something and I was there all alone. Suddenly, this black figure comes up to the window with a gun. I'm completely freaked out and I ran into another room. It was a small room and then the guy runs to the window of that room, cones in and pulls the gun. Then I woke up and sat up petrified with sweat. It was quite freaky indeed.  

Misaki_Chii54
Crew

Sakura_lee_4ever

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:23 am
That is a hard choice. I love them both so much!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:11 pm
Sailormoon definitely, I grew up with Sailormoon! xd heart  

Lilithia

Capricorinations

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:51 pm
i like S.M. better because of these reasons:

-Great designs of characters
-Steller Plot (i found that card battles for a series is not an ideal thing for me)
-Great Villians (they were sooooooooooo unique!)
-Hot chicks(best for girls in miniskirts) heart heart heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:44 am
Otako

-Steller Plot (i found that card battles for a series is not an ideal thing for me)

To be honest I don't like the villians that much, I mean the cardians, youmas and stuff, they were so not scary, just laughable. The major villians like the generals, 4 sisters, Doom Phantom, Dr Tomoe ect were good though.  

Andserkiel

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:03 am
Andserkiel
Otako

To be honest I don't like the villians that much, I mean the cardians, youmas and stuff, they were so not scary, just laughable. The major villians like the generals, 4 sisters, Doom Phantom, Dr Tomoe ect were good though.

The youma and such were not supposed to be scary. Not too mention we're talking 1991-1992 animation. In fact, most were supposed to be pretty funny because in the Japanese they would make funny sound-words (ex.-doki doki, pita pita, kira kira) and say stupid little things.
But I'm totally with Lilithia...I grew up watching SailorMoon, it was my first anime and without I probably wouldn't be in anime today. eek  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff