Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Backstage Prince Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shojo_Mule
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:27 pm
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:57 pm
Story

Drawn into the exciting world of kabuki theatre, young Akari spends her time after school assisting the famous actor, Shonosuke Ichimura. In the real world, however, this prince of kabuki is actually a high school cutie named Ryusei. The pair's relationship gets off on the wrong foot but eventually, with the help of a cat known as Mr. Ken, the two teenagers fall in love.

Shojo_Mule
Crew

new-network-kyle-cracka
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:36 am
Creator

Kanoko Sakurakoji's debut title, Raibu ga Hanetara (When the Live Jumps) was serialized in Deluxe Betsucomi in 2000 and won the 45th New Manga Artist Award of Shogakukan in the same year. Sakurakoji's stories often include cats—in her serialized title Suzu-chan no Neko (Suzu's Cat), most of the main characters are feline! Backstage Prince was originally serialized in Japan's Betsucomi anthology in 2004.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:37 am
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 2 volumes
Status in US :: 2/2 released

User Image
Volume 1
Akari is totally clueless about kabuki--and boys--but she's eager to learn about both. Her first encounter with Ryusei doesn't go very well, but with the help of a cat named Mr. Ken, the two teenagers quickly become prince AND princess of kabuki. Love was never so dramatic.

User Image
Volume 2
There's trouble brewing behind the kabuki curtain. Ryusei's dad doesn't want anything--or anyone!--distracting his son from his chosen profession. It's no secret that he disapproves of Ryusei's romance with Akari. Now he's determined to sabotage their relationship anyway he can!

new-network-kyle-cracka
Crew

Chibi Cheeks78

4,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:40 am
Am I crazy or did they take it out of the magazine? There's new manga in there now and it took me forever to figure out what they took out.

I wish they'd take out Baby and Me.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:27 pm
there's only two volumes of this manga, right?  

subb

Meiburu

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:03 pm
I'm actually ready to go out and buy a volume....as soon as i get the money....hehe  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:06 pm
chibicheeks78
Am I crazy or did they take it out of the magazine? There's new manga in there now and it took me forever to figure out what they took out.

yess, i totally agree with you... I don't really think anyone reads Baby and Me.

Well, I really liked the storyline of this manga =3

serenityxo

Otaku_s_smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:15 am
Backstage Prince is one of the only romance mangas I will ever love. It's an amazing storyline and I really wish that is was longer. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:06 pm
i have both volumes and i want them to get the next one out soon!!!  

pirodarkness

Distinct Codger

1,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:33 pm
pirodarkness
i have both volumes and i want them to get the next one out soon!!!

It's only 2 volumes dear; it's already done.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:59 am
Backstage Prince was AMAZING!!

*sigh*
I love shojo manga...
*basks in the warmth of romance*

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:20 pm
i seriously thought that it was a one shot the first time that i saw it  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:58 pm
serenityxo
chibicheeks78

yess, i totally agree with you... I don't really think anyone reads Baby and Me.

Well, I really liked the storyline of this manga =3

I'm pretty sure they finished the two books in the magazine, but i read Baby & Me btw! It was sweet and it didn't continue much longer after Back Stage Prince.
But in relation to the manga itself. I wish Ryu would have taught Akari some kabuki stuff or something X3  

Shodaku

that_aly82

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:26 am
i love mr. ken the cat he's the whole cause of them getting together! thats an awsome cat! xd  
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games