Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
MeruPuri Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shojo_Mule
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:16 pm
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:19 pm
Story

All high school freshman Airi Hoshina ever wanted was to someday live in a cozy home with a loving husband, and find joy in the little things in life. As a result, she makes it her daily mission to get to school on time because school legend has it that the longer one's non-tardy streak is, the better boyfriend one will find. But just when her daily routine is working like clockwork, an occurrence of fairytale proportions threatens to disrupt her grand plan.

Shojo_Mule
Crew

Shojo_Mule
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:25 pm
Creator

A former bookstore shopkeeper, Matsuri Hino burst onto the manga scene with her title Kono Yume ga Sametara (When This Dream Is Over), which was published in LaLa DX magazine. Hino became a manga artist a mere nine months after she decided to become one.

With the success of her popular series Toraware no Minoue (Captive Hearts), and MeruPuri, Hino has established herself as a major player in the world of shojo manga. Her new title, Vampire Knight, currently runs in monthly LaLa magazine.

Hino enjoys creative activities, and has commented that she would have been either an architect or an apprentice to traditional Japanese craft masters if she did not become a manga artist.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:27 pm
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 4 volumes
Status in US :: 4/4 released

User Image
Volume 1
On the way to school one morning, Airi loses her mirror--one that had been passed down to her through generations--and suddenly finds herself in a bizarre situation. Never in her wildest dreams did she expect Aram, a little boy from a magical kingdom, to have emerged from the mirror in the short time it took her to track it down!

User Image
Volume 2
After Aram's elder brother Jeile fails to lift the spell on him, Aram is forced to stay with Airi. Meanwhile, an unsuspecting Airi recites Aram's full name in front of the mirror and is magically transported to Astale! But to Airi's dismay, the citizens of Aram's kingdom give her the cold shoulder. What do they know about her secret bloodline...?

User Image
Volume 3
While on a seaside field trip, the little boy Aram and Airi find themselves in the middle of a blackout at a public bath. Frazzled to no end, Airi drags Aram inside a closet, but someone walks in on them. Will Aram's secret be blown so soon? Meanwhile, Aram's former fiancée Mariabel shows up at school. What evil schemes does she have in store for Aram and Airi?

User Image
Volume 4
The bizarre adventures of reluctant pair Airi and little prince Aram wind down as their love story comes full circle. As the gap between the kingdom of Astale and the real world narrows, revelations about Airi's and Aram's quirky family members begin to float like pixie dust. Will Airi ever achieve her dream of sharing a cozy home with a loving husband? And what happens to her magic mirror? Discover the wacky twist that's sure to leave readers begging for more!

Shojo_Mule
Crew

Crooked_Lamb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:35 pm
Meru puri was a random pick up for me. But after the first volume i bought all four.

One of my classic favorites

A must for shojo lovers  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:36 pm
Yeah, I read the first book and couldn't stop reading. XD
I really wish there were more than 4 volumes though...  

serenityxo

Host_Club_Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:08 pm
Such a good manga. I was surprised that there were only 4 volumes, though. But now I can say I have my first whole series!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:24 pm
It could have been more volumes honestly.

After the 2nd manga it seemed rushed. like she set it to only 4 at the start, but she had enough storyline to keep me going for at least 6 volumes.

It ended way too soon.  

Crooked_Lamb

BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:08 pm
For some reason I couldn't really pick into it in the first volume...I thought it was ok.
The art is great though ^^

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:40 pm
i love the art  

Chesa5

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:57 pm

.: ♫ :: 永遠を夢見てた安保頃の僕らはいつまでも離れずに抱き合って笑ってた

I read it at a sleep over. My friend had brought it and I was on the coach picked it up, fell asleep while reading it then woke up, finished it and fell asleep again.

I though it as too short too... *sigh* but that's okay the ending Managed to be pulled off so that's good.

Have dreamed of eternity I of security time forever without leaving, to hold, you have laughed :: ♫ :.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:36 pm
I just finished the last volume blaugh

Twas' a very good series (though rather short u.u) ^^

I'm in-between on if I liked the ending or not, though confused

-PinkTasmik-

Magnetic Explorer

7,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

Host_Club_Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:03 pm
~T!ckle Me P!nk~
I just finished the last volume blaugh

Twas' a very good series (though rather short u.u) ^^

I'm in-between on if I liked the ending or not, though confused

I personally, didn't find the ending all that great. I mean, it was somewhat decent, I guess, but I think the author could have taken the story further.  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:24 pm
i havent read it.but it sounds kool 3nodding  

Kyouka_Maiden_Rei

kikiginger93

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:27 pm
One of my favorite mangas! Aram is soo cute! I wish that the series was longer though... This manga was soo funny! I hope that it is turned into an anime!  
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games