Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Punch! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

new-network-kyle-cracka
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:37 pm
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:38 pm
Story

Her mother was a wrestling champion, her father a lightweight world boxing champion, her grandfather the first Japanese to become the world champion of Muay Thai kick boxing--but high school girl Elle doesn't want to fight! She just wants a normal life, but is it possible with such a violent family history?

new-network-kyle-cracka
Crew

new-network-kyle-cracka
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:40 pm
Creator

Rie Takada was born August 10th in Hokkaido and her blood type is O. Takada made her manga debut with SP Girl in 1990. Punch! first appeared in Japan's Shojo Comic magazine in May 2005, and Takada continues to publish her new work in Shojo Comic. Her other series include Happy Hustle High and Gaba Kawa—available from VIZ Media—and Wild Act.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:44 pm
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 3 volumes
Status in US :: 3/3 released

User Image
Volume 1
Though Elle wants nothing to do with fighting, her grandfather has different ideas and betrothes her to an up-and-coming boxer from his own gym. She hates the idea and doesn't want to marry him. One day she meets a handsome street brawler who intrigues her, but her jealous fiancé finds out and goes after the guy! What will happen when a trained boxer goes a couple rounds with a scrappy street fighter?

User Image
Volume 2
Elle has her first date with the scrappy young street fighter named Kazuki, who has recently started training at her grandfather's renowned gym, but the date may be ruined when she burns her face while cooking! Meanwhile, Elle's fiancé has secretly been dating Kazuki's blind sister in a twisted attempt to get revenge. With his first real boxing match on the line, how will Kazuki react when he finds out?

User Image
Volume 3
It's time for Elle's boyfriend Kazuki to make his pro debut! If he wins this fight, he gets to take a shot at his rival Ruo. On the flip side, if he loses he gets kicked out of the gym. Though she's against the fight at first, Elle eventually gives in to Kazuki's pure determination. With Elle in Kazuki's corner, winning seems like it's a sure thing--that is, until the rigorous training begins to take a toll on his body. Will Elle's love be enough to get him back on his feet and on the road to victory?

new-network-kyle-cracka
Crew

Selene_Death_Dealear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:21 pm
I love reading Punch! It's really good. But the problem with it is is that the author discontinued it!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:06 am
Selene_Death_Dealear
I love reading Punch! It's really good. But the problem with it is is that the author discontinued it!!

She discontinued it?! That makes me sad. The series is so much fun to read! It's really goofy and cute.  

PrinceElly
Crew

Rune WolfHaven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:00 pm
I liked it. Elle was cute! Kazuki was awesome because he was a sweet badass type of guy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:08 am
PrinceElly
Selene_Death_Dealear

She discontinued it?! That makes me sad. The series is so much fun to read! It's really goofy and cute.

It stops at volume three.[I'm pretty sure]  

Selene_Death_Dealear

I Am Hello Kitty -tu_ut-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:03 am
Does it wrap up really suddenly? I want to read this..  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:01 pm
looks cute 4laugh  

protecterofelements

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:36 pm
I just bought and read all three volumes (thank you Half Price Books!!) and loved it soooo much! I have read most of Rie Takada's Wild Act! and all of Gaba Kawa, so I thought I would like it, but was kind of worried about the whole fighting setting, cuz that's just not something I'm really into; but I adored it!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:44 pm
Its an awesome series. I like Kazuki.  

that_aly82

Pandaccino

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:57 am
facial expressions are cute!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:01 pm
Selene_Death_Dealear
PrinceElly
Selene_Death_Dealear

Did she finish the series?  

Luna Vampire Yuki

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:40 pm
Luna Vampire Yuki
Selene_Death_Dealear
PrinceElly
Selene_Death_Dealear

Did she finish the series?

It's complete, it just ends kind of suddenly; But it is an end, you're not just left hanging in the last chapter. :]

.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games