Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Vampire Knight Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:41 am
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes - Manga
3 :: Volumes - Fanbook
3 :: Volumes - Artbook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:43 am
Story

Cross Adademy is attended by two groups of students: the Day Class and the Night Class. At twilight, when the students of the Day Class return to their dorm, they cross paths with the Night Class on their way to school. Yuki Cross and Zero Kiryu are the Guardians of the school, protecting the Day Class from the Academy's dark secret: the Night Class is full of vampires!

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:44 am
Creator

A former bookstore shopkeeper, Matsuri Hino burst onto the manga scene with her title Kono Yume ga Sametara (When This Dream Is Over), which was published in LaLa DX magazine. Hino became a manga artist a mere nine months after she decided to become one.

With the success of her popular series Toraware no Minoue (Captive Hearts), and MeruPuri, Hino has established herself as a major player in the world of shojo manga. Her new title, Vampire Knight, currently runs in monthly LaLa magazine.

Hino enjoys creative activities, and has commented that she would have been either an architect or an apprentice to traditional Japanese craft masters if she did not become a manga artist.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:47 am
Volumes
[Manga]
Status in Japan :: still running with 17 volumes so far
Status in US :: 15/? released

User Image
Volume 1
Yuki Cross has no memory of her past prior to the moment she was saved from a vampire attack ten years ago. She was adopted by the headmaster of Cross Academy, and now works alongside Zero to guard the Academy's secret. Yuki believes that vampires and humans can coexist peacefully, but her partner has different ideas...

User Image
Volume 2
Outside the safe boundary of the academy, Yuki is attacked by a vampire. Injured and unable to defend herself, two Night Class students come to her aid and kill the vampire. When Yuki asks them why they killed their own kind, they tell her to come to the Moon Dormitory at midnight to learn the answer...

User Image
Volume 3
Kaname, the pureblood vampire, has kept to his room since learning of Yuki and Zero's forbidden act. However, the arrival of Ichijo's grandfather brings the entire Night Class together to greet one of the oldest vampires on the senate. Ichijo's grandfather says he's there merely to visit his grandson, but he's out for Kaname's blood.

User Image
Volume 4
Zero warns Yuki to stay away from Maria Kurenai, the new Night Class transfer student, although he won't tell Yuki why. Kaname is also wary, and he sends Ichijo to watch Maria so she doesn't start trouble. Who is this girl, and why does she have the entire Night Class on edge?

User Image
Volume 5
Zero is suspected of killing Shizuka Hio, the pureblood vampire who murdered his family. Incensed, the vampire senate sends assassins to Cross Academy to execute him. Will the Night Class intervene, or will Kaname let Zero take the fall?

User Image
Volume 6
Yuki sneaks into an exclusive vampire party and sees Aido's parents introducing their daughter to Kaname. They, like many other Night Class parents, desire an alliance with the pureblood. Kaname is the most eligible bachelor in the vampire society--but will he choose Yuki?

User Image
Volume 7
Yuki debates asking Kaname about her past, suspecting that he may have been the one who erased her childhood memories. Zero confronts Kaname to find out the truth, and the two come to blows over Yuki...

User Image
Volume 8
After trying to recall her past, Yuki's hallucinations become more vivid and she tries to strangle Zero during a fit of madness. Locked in her room, all she can see is a world dyed in blood, but Kaname comes for her. He tells her it's time to wake up and sinks his fangs into her neck…

User Image
Volume 9
A war among vampires has started at Cross Academy, and even Day Class students are being attacked. Kaname finally reveals his hidden plan to Zero, and Zero must choose on which side he will fight. But in order for Zero to defeat the enemy, he will have to take part in an atrocious act...

User Image
Volume 10
Rido is gone, but the battle rages on at Cross Academy. The Night Class is still under attack, and Headmaster Cross has joined the war to protect his students. Zero, however, has vowed to get rid of all the Purebloods--including Yuki!

User Image
Volume 11
The Night Class at Cross Academy has been abolished. Zero still attends the Day Class while carrying out his duties as a vampire hunter. Yuki now lives hidden away at the Kuran residence with Kaname, but can she embrace the life of a pureblood vampire?

User Image
Volume 12
It's been one year since Yuki left Cross Academy with Kaname, and tonight is her first vampire soirée as a pureblood. Her best friend Sayori has snuck into the party to see her, but will Yuki and Zero be able to protect a human girl amid a bevy of vampires?

User Image
Volume 13
Yuki is attacked by another pureblood outside a graveyard for meddling in the ways of the vampire society. Injured, she returns home to Kaname, who shares with her his past memories and the truth behind the Kuran family.

User Image
Volume 14
The Vampire Hunter Society has imprisoned Aido in order to interrogate him about Kaname’s connection to Sara Shirabuki. Meanwhile, Yuki wants a fresh start with Kaname, but circumstances arise that may force them apart.

User Image
Volume 15
With Kaname missing, Yuki must now step in as acting head of her clan to maintain the fragile peace between the human and vampire societies. Will she be able to regain the trust of the vampire aristocrats, much less Aido?

Volume 16 - coming soon
image coming soon

summary coming soon.

Volume 17 - coming soon
image coming soon

summary coming soon.

Volumes
[Fanbook]
Status in Japan :: complete at 1 volume
Status in US :: 1/1 released

User Image
Get the inside scoop on Vampire Knight! This profile book contains extensive information on the characters, setting, and storylines of Vampire Knight - everything from storyboards and character design sketches to details about the vampire society to fun poll results. It also includes glossy color pages, a student ID card, and an interview with Matsuri Hino!

Volumes
[Artbook]
Status in Japan :: complete at 1 volume
Status in US :: 1/1 released

User Image
Cross over into the world of Vampire Knight with the lush, full-color artwork of Matsuri Hino. This deluxe hardcover edition includes an extensive gallery with author comments, a how-to tutorial, and an exclusive poster.

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Crooked_Lamb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Matsuri hino is one of my all time favorite manga artists. So i was really exited to see a new series come out. But i cant find out how many volumes it will go too?

Anyone know???  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:12 pm
I usually go to Wikipedia when I want to know how many volumes said series will have.
Sometimes they don't have it though >.<

And...from what I read, Vampire Knight is also going to be pretty short, like MeruPuri was.

-->(There's supposed to be 5 volumes.)<--

Edit: Y'all are right. It's possibly 6 and on going. (Source: Wiki - VampireKnight)
:3

.x.x.

-PinkTasmik-

Magnetic Explorer

7,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

Crooked_Lamb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:29 pm
~T!ckle Me P!nk~
I usually go to Wikipedia when I want to know how many volumes said series will have.
Sometimes they don't have it though >.<

And...from what I read, Vampire Knight is also going to be pretty short, like MeruPuri was.

-->(There's supposed to be 5 volumes.)<--

.x.x.

hmmm, wiki says nothing yet, i asked around more someone said what was it....8 volumes???? I really for bad reasons hope not. Im already buying

Absolute boyfriend, XXXHOLIC, Death note, Godchild, ANNNNNd, Millinium snow, but luckily thats only two volumes. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:12 am
As in 8 volumes total for the VK series? If the series is going to be short, I hope the story ends on a satisfying note. So far the series is getting really good, especially Yuki's relationship with Zero and Kaname.  

lotusflower23

Crooked_Lamb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:53 pm
lotusflower23
As in 8 volumes total for the VK series? If the series is going to be short, I hope the story ends on a satisfying note. So far the series is getting really good, especially Yuki's relationship with Zero and Kaname.

I dont know my sorces have been wrong before....

And i agree Matsuri hino didnt go about meru in the best way poss9ible, i hope she takes more time with VK  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:53 pm

.: ♫ :: 永遠を夢見てた安保頃の僕らはいつまでも離れずに抱き合って笑ってた

Well, there may only be that many volumes that are currently out in Japan.
Many Manga begin their US release before they are completed in Japan, but if you want to get better detail try finding a fan site for manga-ka or the manga it's self there will be more info there and be updated quicker than wikipedia.

Have dreamed of eternity I of security time forever without leaving, to hold, you have laughed :: ♫ :.

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:53 pm
I've heard 12 volumes O___o;;;
I really woudn't mind that length becuz where I'm at [vol 5] there's alot more to it but I think 8 is more reasonable.

Luv to Kaname
=]
heart

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:49 pm

.: ♫ :: 永遠を夢見てた安保頃の僕らはいつまでも離れずに抱き合って笑ってた

I like Aido. He's my favorite out of the guys.. Oh and the headmaster dude... but that one's a little awkward for me you know... I don't know.. *sigh* I can't wait till next month because my sister will quit harrassing me with, "When is volume 2 coming out?!" Little does she know that i get the magazine every month and read it there...

Have dreamed of eternity I of security time forever without leaving, to hold, you have laughed :: ♫ :.

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

GirlNamedSpider

Lonely Humorist

26,265 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:19 am
Kaname for the win. stare
I dunno, Zero is okay....
It's just...there are so so many "brooding self-loathing thinking nobody'll love them until the main girl does" types....
In other words.... Kaname is less angsty and seems like he'd treat Yuki well. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:23 pm
I love this series! I read all of the volumes currently released up until volume 5! It's sooo Good xD whee  

Mezancholy

kikiginger93

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:23 pm
oh this is such a good manga! When i first read it, i couldnt stop! My favorite character is...hmmm....Zero! He's soo awesome and i love the storyline! It just keeps getting better and better!!  
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games