Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Full Moon O Sagashite Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

new-network-kyle-cracka
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:22 am
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes
3 :: Artbook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:29 am
Story

A bittersweet tale of puppy love, tragedy, and aspirations of pop star fame. A spark of hope ignites to a blaze in twelve-year-old Mitsuki Koyama when a comical pair of magical beings appears to prove to her that dreams really do come true.

new-network-kyle-cracka
Crew

new-network-kyle-cracka
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:33 am
Creator

Arina Tanemura began her manga career in 1996, when her short stories debuted in Ribon magazine. Tanemura gained fame with the 1997 publication of I-O-N, a high school romance with a supernatural twist. From 1998 to 2000, she worked on the popular series Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, about a young girl who is the reincarnation of Joan of Arc, followed by Time Stranger Kyoko in 2000-2001 and Full Moon in 2002. Despite Tanemura's intentions to draw in a style that makes her stories difficult to animate, both Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and Full Moon have been adapted into TV series.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:40 am
Volumes
[Manga]
Status in Japan :: complete at 7 volumes
Status in US :: 7/7 released

User Image
Volume 1
Young Mitsuki loves singing and dreams of becoming a pop star. Unfortunately, a malignant tumor in her throat prevents her from pursuing her passion. However, her life turns around when two surprisingly fun-loving harbingers of death appear to grant Mitsuki a temporary reprieve from her illness and give her singing career a magical push start.

User Image
Volume 2
Now that Mitsuki has debuted in the pop world, she is faced with the dark side of the glitz and glamour--petty jealousy and scheming that just might be her undoing. Will her love for Eichi be enough to keep her on the road to stardom? Or will the schemes of a mysterious new Shinigami stop her dreams short?

User Image
Volume 3
Mitsuki's alter ego, Fullmoon, gets a new producer--Dr. Wakaoji, who is treating Mituski's cancer! Before he got his medical degree, the doctor played keyboard in the legendary band ROUTE..L with Mitsuki's father. Will the doctor break Mitsuki's cover? And will Takuto's newly exposed memories destroy his present friendships?

User Image
Volume 4
Mitsuki's love for Eichi has helped keep her alive because she promised that one day she would become a famous singer and meet him again. But lately even the memories of Eichi haven't been enough to keep her spirits up. Will Takuto's confessed love for Mitsuki be enough to convince her to live...or will she follow her first love into death?

User Image
Volume 5
Mitsuki's popularity as Fullmoon has skyrocketed, but Mitsuki learns that fame carries a harsh price. Hidden among the birthday presents sent to Fullmoon is a mail bomb that explodes in Ms. Oshige's face! Will the crazed fan be captured, or will Mitsuki have to quit music to save her friends...and herself?

User Image
Volume 6
Mitsuki has previously refused the operation that would save her life--at the expense of her voice. However, as Mitsuki gets closer to her first concert appearance, Ms. Oshige decides that she will put Mitsuki in the hospital after the event, no matter how Mitsuki feels about it. Even so, it may be too late to save Mitsuki's life, unless Takuto and Meroko are successful in changing her fate.

User Image
Volume 7
Mitsuki is trapped by the Lord of the Underworld and is imprisoned within his barrier. She pleads for Izumi to come help her, but the Shinigami is immobilized by his fear of releasing his last memory--the moment before his death--and will not rescue her. Is there anyone who can protect Mitsuki from the Death Master's scythe?

Volumes
[Artbook]

User Image
A collection of Arina Tanemura's art for the hit series Full Moon, as well as art from Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Short-Tempered Melancholic, and I.O.N.

new-network-kyle-cracka
Crew

puppy444219

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:33 pm
Oh~! I really like this one biggrin Though I only have two of the manga...lol. I really wanna get the third one. Geh, I picked it up the other day and regret flipping through it cuz I couldn't buy it *head desk* I'm trying my hardest to get my Mom to buy it for me, lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:54 am
i love this seires but the end is so sad crying  

Rolling_Cheesecake

choirperson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:14 pm
I'm only on the first volume (I got it from the library the other day) but I really like it so far. I'm going to read it until the end.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:22 pm
I only watched the anime but the ending was really sad  

bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Fuyu Maiden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:36 pm
I don't know why everyone says the end of the manga and anime are so sad...the manga is really sad, but I think both endings turn out pretty well.

Ah...but I love this series so much. It made me tear up sometimes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:41 pm
I love this series, it's pretty short, but I think it's very good. It's heartwarming, funny, sad, and displays human emotions well. I like how everyone has a story and there are misunderstandings that are finally resolved at the end. Mitsuki is so awesome the way she faces everything but still needs help sometimes. I like how the main character that's supposed to be the heroine of the story has such a big flaw and isn't as perfect as she seems. She's more human and you can relate to her.

I like the idea that choosing your own path is hard and sometimes difficult to travel on, but you shouldn't give up so easily because that's the path you chose.

Minnx

Ka Lai

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:54 am
This series is one of my all-time favourites. It's sweet and cute, yet it's also angsty and has a lot of hardship.

I think this manga shows the concepts, understandings and insight that even an adult would have trouble understanding: overcoming tragedy, determining priorities, and generally accepting the hardships of life.

The manga is great, because it shows the insights of not only Mitsuki, but all of the other Shinigami [i.e. how they all died], and so you can relate and understand their personalities more, and sympathize with them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:08 pm
Another series by Tanemura sensei! I watched the anime and the manga is also cool, quite different though. But I still like it! Awesome art!  

Clayra

Fallen_Aderean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:04 pm
I loved both the manga and the anime. But I, personally, loved the manga far more then the anime. It had a much better ending then the anime. ninja And I swear I didn't cry....*is lieing*  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:37 pm
I haven't read the manga, and I've only seen through the third DVD of the anime, but I really enjoy it. It's very cute 3nodding  

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Meroko Senpai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:39 pm
This series is one of my all-time favorites as well (at least the anime). I really want to read the manga as well. It's on my Amazon wish list, but I may end up breaking down and buying it anyway. I don't know how much longer I can wait! wink ~m  
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games