Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
The Gentlemen's Alliance † Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:24 am
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes
3 :: Artbook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:29 am
Story

In return for a business loan of 50 million yen, the prestigious Kamiya family gave their daughter Haine away to the Otomiya family. Haine, now an Otomiya, is appointed to the student council of the exclusive Imperial Academy, a private school for the aristocracy. Even though Haine is of proper lineage to be on the council, she finds herself struggling to find her place among the many secrets of its elite members, especially those of the president who holds her heart--Shizumasa Togu, aka "the Emperor."

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:33 am
Creator

Arina Tanemura began her manga career in 1996 , when her short stories debuted in Ribon magazine. Tanemura gained fame with the 1997 publication of I-O-N, a high school romance with a supernatural twist. From 1998 to 2000, she worked on the popular series Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, about a young girl who is the reincarnation of Joan of Arc, followed by Time Stranger Kyoko in 2000-2001 and Full Moon in 2002. Despite Tanemura's intentions to draw in a style that makes her stories difficult to animate, both Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and Full Moon have been adapted into TV series.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:38 am
Volumes
[manga]
Status in Japan :: complete at 11 volumes
Status in US :: 11/11 released

User Image
Volume 1
Haine has been in love with Shizumasa Togu since she read the fairy tale he wrote as a child. However, the Emperor is so well sequestered by the student council that she hasn't been able speak to him in the three months she's been at the academy. And as rumor has it, he already has a lover...
Volume 1 comes with an exclusive, double-sided poster (first edition only).

User Image
Volume 2
Haine has been introduced to the entire academy as "Platinum," the title granted to Shizumasa's (albeit fake) girlfriend. Haine must now adapt to her newfound popularity among the students, as well as get along with the jealous Maguri Tsujimiya--the boy Shizumasa jilted in favor of her!

User Image
Volume 3
Haine goes to the Togu mansion to talk to Shizumasa after their quarrel, but the guards won't even allow her inside the gates! Haine gets some help from Maora to sneak into the mansion grounds, but now she'll have to get past the family's final line of defense...

User Image
Volume 4
Students at Imperial Academy are lining up for the "Confess Your Love" rally, during which students announce the name of the person they love to the entire student body, hoping to win over that person's heart. Maora wants to confess to Maguri, but Maguri already has plans to confess to Shizumasa!

User Image
Volume 5
Haine has been stripped of her Platinum status and ousted from the student council. Shizumasa refuses to acknowledge her, and she learns that even her adopted family has been lying to her. With nowhere else to turn, Haine returns to the man who sold her to save his business--her birth father, Kazuhito Kamiya.

User Image
Volume 6
Haine learns Shizumasa's secret and must continue to act as if nothing has changed amidst her conflicting emotions. As the members of the student council plan a school play, will Haine be able to maintain Shizumasa's deception in front of the others?

User Image
Volume 7
Determined to make Haine fall in love with him, Takanari tries to win her over at every opportunity. Haine is troubled by her growing feelings for Takanari, but she's even more concerned about her best friend's long list of paramours...

User Image
Volume 8
Haine returns the ribbon given to her by Takanari to be with her friend, Ushio. But rather than being happy about it, Ushio starts to feel more alone than ever--and turns to an unexpected source for comfort.

User Image
Volume 9
Learning the truth behind her parentage and the reason she was put up for adoption, Haine reverts to her yanki ways. She rejoins her gang and comes up with a plan to break into the Kamiya mansion to abduct her mother. The only thing standing in her way--the twins!

User Image
Volume 10
Haine's family has been reunited, but the estranged Togu family still retains many of its secrets. Shizumasa and Takanari are increasingly at odds with each other as each one tries to win Haine's love. Will the twins ever be able to reconcile when they're both in love with the same girl?

User Image
Volume 11
Haine goes to Shizumasa and Takanari's grandfather, the head of the Togu family, to ask him to release the twins from their fate. He tells her she must pass the same trial the twins went through for determining the Togu heir. Haine agrees, but little does she know that a former friend is now out for her life.

Volumes
[Artbook]
Status in Japan :: complete at 1 volume
Status in US :: 1/1 released

User Image
A collection of Arina Tamemura’s art for the hit series The Gentlemen’s Alliance†. Includes author commentary and TWO double-sided posters.

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Crooked_Lamb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:32 pm
Ok i wanted to buy this manga but i don't know how many volumes it will have, anyone know???  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:25 pm
I got the first volume, and so far I really like it!

I'm not sure how many volumes there will be though.

serenityxo

new-network-kyle-cracka
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:22 am
Procastinators Unite...

I think it's okay. Don't really like the characters, but it has a nice storyline.

Tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:26 pm
i didnt like it. i thought it was kind of dumb  

subb

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:33 pm

.: ♫ :: 永遠を夢見てた安保頃の僕らはいつまでも離れずに抱き合って笑ってた

I like it... I think it's interesting and I bought it.. So I guess I think it's pretty good. I like the characters and it's important to like the characters right?

Have dreamed of eternity I of security time forever without leaving, to hold, you have laughed :: ♫ :.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:43 pm
I think SDC is turning out to be my favorite Arina Tanemura manga. The beginning was really slow and since I'm used to her fantasy, super-emotional stories, SDC seemed sort of like...a romantic comedy.

Especially recently in the manga (I'm WAAAAY past the first volume. I've been reading SDC before Viz even announced the liscence), things have gotten really dramatic. There's all these relationships and Haine is stuck in a really difficult love triangle. Most love triangles annoy me because someone's just being indecisive, but in Haine's case it makes a lot of sense. I would be confused too.

Anyways, I love this manga. So awesome. It starts off slow (like a lot of more long-term manga), but it picks up fairly quick. Secrets start being revealed left and right. The first volume already reveals Haine's secret. Kyaah! And just recently in the manga Usio's story was revealed. It made me so happy!

Fuyu Maiden

Megamachu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:20 pm
I started reading Shinshi Doumei Cross what must have been a year ago. I only got through a few volumes, because the site I was using only had 12 chapters. What I read was really good, so when I found out Viz was translating it, I was really happy. I love Arina Tanemura's art, and SDC is pretty funny.

Does anyone know when volume 2 comes out?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:42 pm
I like this. Especially the twist in the first chapter! I didn't see that one coming.  

Tsammi-hime

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:12 am
I can't wait for volume 2! >.<  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:38 am
SiriaRaven
I started reading Shinshi Doumei Cross what must have been a year ago. I only got through a few volumes, because the site I was using only had 12 chapters. What I read was really good, so when I found out Viz was translating it, I was really happy. I love Arina Tanemura's art, and SDC is pretty funny.

Does anyone know when volume 2 comes out?

Gentlemen's Alliance, The
Volume 1 available now
Volume 2 - June 5, 2007  

hana2111

m i d XII n i g h t

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:40 pm
I've read up to chapter 33, it's a really good series. I honestly thought it was a simple plot, but boy was i wrong. >.<  
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games