Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Do you believe in Reincarnation? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MollyFu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:24 am
Just wanted to know if anyone believes in reincarnation. If so, why and if not, why not.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:31 pm
Yes, direct experience through hypnotic regression.  

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Jezehbelle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:47 pm
I do, for several reasons.

The unexplained reasons of why I know every Patsy Cline song I've NEVER heard before. I know the lyrics when it's the first time listening to the song for me.
Some light sketchy details from personal past lives...

And, really, because it just makes the most sense to me... Most religions believe in the next life, the actions of this life determine where we'll end up next. We have a new life the next go around.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:08 am
Yes, I don't have a reason why though and not exactly in the way most people do. I believe that when a person dies their spirit goes and joins back with a general spirit and when soming new is born its spirit is broken off from that and made up from other spirits.

Like recycling souls.

This would also make it possible for a person to remember multiple past lives.  

Sugarrocks

Profitable Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:15 pm
Reincarnation in the sense I believe in it is an undenable fact, but that isn't the kind you're talking about I'm sure. We all reincarnate whether we want to or not on a physical level. When we die, our bodies all dissociate, the atomic bonds break down and become part of something new. That's enough for me. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:14 pm
Yeah. I think so. I've got a crack-pot theory as to why it may happen.

The body, or the soul's container, is somewhat dependent on the emotions that would be going through it. If the creature (and notice I said creature) is in a bad state of affairs, like sadness or anger, then it will probably remain on the middle-planes until the business is finished, or until it's vanquished into another realm/plane to be reincarnated..it may stay there depending on how severe the crimes that it committed during the lifetime.
As for the "good and peaceful", some may go on to to other planes to stay there. Some may decide to remain on the middle-planes just the same. Maybe because they feel uncomfortable with leaving their loved ones, or they like being on this plane. Some might even go on to be reincarnated, too.

It's a crack-pot theory, but it's mine...

...If it can be called a theory. >3  

SonarP

born2rock16

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:11 pm
I do. Well, because some people just seem to connect, and they just knowe everything about each other, and, I think it's because their souls knew each other before, like in a past life. It just kind of makes sense to me, but in a way that I can't really explain. I think that some eventually souls will reach an end, and that they go somewhere like Earth, but another sort of demension, or as said realm. But some souls stick around longer, it's like in science the conservation of matter or whatever, that says that all matter or mass on Earth is the same mass that has always been here, no more, no less, it just keeps getting recycled, but no one knows why. I think souls might work the same kind of way, but maybe not all of them stay just like maybe not all matter stays.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:53 am
I've always wondered where souls come from, though. I'm guessing that it's a combination of some other things, but I don't want to make myself sound too "scientific" sweatdrop  

SonarP

Milendil

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:50 pm
I belive in reincarnation, but I don't exactly know why. If I've had any past lives, I don't remember them.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:22 pm
I believe in reincarnation. but the past incarnation and the future ones were not you and willnot be you becuase I tink only a certain part of the life energy moves on to the next though and so forth. I would love to do some hypnosis regression stuff on this and see for myself ^.^  

Juna Lu

Dapper Lunatic

deathcomes_onsilentwings

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:17 pm
I believe in reincarnation. I don't think one soul would be created to live only one life. It should be reused in different bodies and put through many lives to experience all it can. I don't have any direct experiences that would confirm my beliefs, but I don't need any. I know what my beliefs are, and nothing will change that. Sorry, I kind of got off topic there. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:31 am
I think that when we die, depending on how we lived, we go through a sort of "soul downtime", and are then reborn on an appropriate tier, in some world or another. I don't think anything is ever permanent. I even believe that if we become truly, unquestionably "enlightened", we return to becoming one with God(s)/Goddess(es)/etc., and can then be split apart ourselves and be reborn as many souls.  

Starting Once Again

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:55 pm
I'm ambivalent on the matter for now, as my definition of soul (o my belief of it) is in flux for the moment. As it is, I'm closer to Starlock's definition, with a little tweaking. I see any essence of you surviving as you surviving in a sense. However, this goes into the conceptual level, where ideas associated strongly with you also pass on. I'm not sure how one would be aware of this state of existence though.

Artists end up immortal, as long as their work lives on 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:52 pm
After something that was half-meditation and half self-hypnosis my mind/imagination told me that I might be the reincarnated spirit of a (teenage?) girl in Africa who died of hepatoma. Let's just say that some of the details about the disease are a little too coincidental. And my family sometimes joked about my eating habits, saying that I must've been in Africa in my past life, hahaha. I believe in reincarnation, I guess, but I'm sceptical about my own past life. Not really sure whether to believe it or disbelieve it. Actually, would it be strange if I believe in reincarnation, though I'm still an athiest?  

Kuroyue

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:52 pm
I absolutely believe in reincarnation. I know far too many old souls for it to be their first time around. I know I'm an old soul but have never done any work towards finding my past lives.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff