Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you celebrating this year?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Katja Sable

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:04 pm
Yes that time of year is coming again,... but for fellow Solitary Pagans, like myself, this ritual time can be extremely lonely and awkward,... So my fellow practioners of The Faith.-

What have you done in the past to celebrate Beltaine, either alone or with someone?

How do you think this worked for you?

What are some of your ideas for this time?

Also : suggestions for dieties (if any), stones, colors, candles, inscence, ect... for this ritual would be very helpful

Blessed Be
Tesla  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:57 pm
I, with my friend and the group we run, are going to be doing a ritual. We plan on doing a Maypole dance and a candle jump in the ritual. We found that if you're unable to have a bonfire you can use a candle in it's place.

dieties (if any): Goddesses: Aphrodite, Artemis, Venus, Diana, & Freya Gods: Appolo, Bacchus, Belanos, Pan, Cernunnos, Herne, Cupid/Eros, Odin, Orion, Frey, Puck, & The Great Horned God. (just a few of the more common ones.)
stones: Sapphires, Bloodstones, Emeralds, Orange Carnelians, & Rose Quartz
colors: White and Dark Green are most common but every color is appropriate
candles: what I have says you can use your usual element candles.
inscence: Frankincense, Lilac, Passion Flower, Rose, & Vanilla
Animals and Mythical Beasts: Goats, Rabbits, Honey Bees, Faeries, Pegesus, Satyrs, & Giants

Anything you have that can represnt the animals or beasts might be good to add too. I like to add some things that represnt the sabbat to decorate the alter and make each one a little different. You may also want to include any flowers you can find.  

Ayla Skye

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:17 pm
Well, I'm moving again so things might not go the way I intend them to. I will try to get the day off from work and if I do, I will probably spend the day at work anyway since there will be beautiful flowers everywhere. But I won't be working, I'll be enjoying the scenery instead. whee Among the largest themes for me on this particular solar/seasonal holiday is flowers. Flowers flowers flowers! Soooo pretty!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:31 pm
Thank you that helps very much. Flowers are a big theme in my ritual as well  

Katja Sable

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:00 pm
We are moving this week so we will light a candle, offer up a feast to the lady and the lord with my daughter. Then, my fiancee and I will celebrate privately with a ritual re-enactment of the mating of the goddess and the god.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:44 pm
I've been reading a bit about floral waters so I might try making one of those tomorrow or Tuesday. Still not sure if I'm taking part of the day off from work. xd  

Starlock
Crew

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:26 pm
Both myself and my cousin's birthdays fall on May 1st. 3nodding Though we've never truly actively done any rituals or anything. ^^;;  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:39 am
Starlock
I've been reading a bit about floral waters so I might try making one of those tomorrow or Tuesday. Still not sure if I'm taking part of the day off from work. xd

Let me know how that goes. I haven't done much research into it but I've been thinking about it. EVerything is sort of on hold for moving sad blech!  

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:47 am
Celestia Whitesword
Both myself and my cousin's birthdays fall on May 1st. 3nodding Though we've never truly actively done any rituals or anything. ^^;;

Happy Early Birthday!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:24 pm
happy birthday and thank you all for your suggestions,..  

Katja Sable

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:25 am
I can't seem to find something suitable for a floral water. Many of the things flowering in my host family's backyard is from the lilly family and enough of those are poisonous that I don't want to experiment with making a floral water from them. I do have a tea called 'flora' though that has some flower petals in it. I made some of that last night and it was excellent!

The best thing though was taking a nice walk in the gardens. I might do that again today if the weather holds out. One of the many plusses of working at a botanical gardens is that there is no shortage of beautiful gardens of flowers to walk through!  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:35 am
I don't celebrate it, but one of the nicest maydays I've ever spent was just walking through the Phoenix Park in Dublin on a sunny afternoon, outrunning the rain. It was lovely.

I don't see why it's made such a fuss of though. It's not really like an across-the-board pagan holiday.

I like the sunshine. 3nodding  

Pelta

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:09 am
Starlock
One of the many plusses of working at a botanical gardens is that there is no shortage of beautiful gardens of flowers to walk through!

What a cool job!  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:46 pm
Blessed Beltaine, everyone!  

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:31 pm
and a Blessed Beltane to you as well as everyone!  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff