Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
SHOULD THEY bring back Sailor Moon in US Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should they bring back Sailor Moon?
  yes
  no
View Results

MonkeyGuitar1

2,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:36 am
should they bring back sailor moon

If you want to contact Cloverway, here is their information; thanks go to AnimeGuru and Barbara for it:
Toei Animation
C/O Cloverway
444 West Ocean Boulevard
Suite 1000
Long Beach, CA 90802
Phone: (562) 901-2444

and please leave "good" comments.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:32 pm
i dont think it's a matter of "should" i think it's more a matter of "should toei stop being such a b*****d and let the license become available again"

but then again, a lot of fan persuasion could go all the way to Japan.  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Alexandria LeClair

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:26 pm
Of course they should- I'd love to watch the dubs again, as bad as they are looking back on them 10 years later, *snort*  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:21 pm
Nope. Simple fact they'll jack it up and do -extra- censorship on it.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Kurokashi-san

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:12 am
I am happy I got as many video's and dvd's when I did.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:33 am
Of course they should. And while I agree, censorship, especially of a tame series like this is a bad thing. I also feel that the original edited version dubbed attracted a lot of anime fans and it can do so again.  

tmchiba

lettuce14

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:55 am
sailor moon got me into the whole anime genre, and without it, i don't know where i'd be (anime wise) today. i'd love if they'd bring it back, because once i really got into it, and set a time aside every day to watch it-it disappeared! which makes this fan very very sad crying  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:39 pm
i think that they should bring it back, BUT they shoud re-dub it. let's face it, the dub sucks  

fireguardiancoty

firebeauty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:44 pm
yes of course they should bring it back, so toei stop beening a big jerk and renew the licence already!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:14 pm
I really think in a way that they should bring Sailor Moon back to American Television because it was a very cute anime that was for everyone. It is what first started getting me into anime because it wasn't too "mature" for me to watch. I think that if they did bring it back it would bring in more kids from this new generation more into anime later on and then...ANIME FANS WILL RULE THE WORLD! MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! twisted  

Cuppypie

Phoenix_17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:22 pm
Yes they should bring sailor moon back I would so love it if they did, I always loved sailor moon and still do ^^ heart mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:53 am
hell yeah  

Elfstar 13

MaddLlama

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:42 am
No. And, for a very simple and I suppose selfish reason - if the license expires, and they no longer air or sell the show in the US, it becomes 100% legal to download it from torrent sites, and it will become more widely available. So, fans will still be able to watch it, but won't be forced to pay astronomical prices for it.

And, I think the days of Sailor Moon attracting kids to anime are over anyway. How many other anime shows, and animated shows that mimic anime style are on now? Kids are being introduced to anime through english cartoons anyway.

I would much rather watch a subtitled, good quality, free rip of an anime than the american version on some saturday morning cartoon block.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:23 pm
Of course they should!

1: arrow because CN is now 95% full of retarted shows in my oppinion.

2. arrow because it was such a good show

3. arrow because lots of people love it and miss it.

Inuyasha_59

5,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Inuyasha_59

5,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:24 pm
MaddLlama
No. And, for a very simple and I suppose selfish reason - if the license expires, and they no longer air or sell the show in the US, it becomes 100% legal to download it from torrent sites, and it will become more widely available. So, fans will still be able to watch it, but won't be forced to pay astronomical prices for it.

And, I think the days of Sailor Moon attracting kids to anime are over anyway. How many other anime shows, and animated shows that mimic anime style are on now? Kids are being introduced to anime through english cartoons anyway.

I would much rather watch a subtitled, good quality, free rip of an anime than the american version on some saturday morning cartoon block.

hmmm...ok now i agree. 4laugh  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces