Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
What is the funniest grammar mistake you've ever made? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll question?
  Poll answer.
View Results

High5MyRemix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:41 pm
For me, I remember it clearly. I've always been very hard on myself when it comes to spelling and grammar because I'm dyslexic. One day in my eighth grade History class, my teacher was writing the "Ghettosburg Address" on the board. He's a cool guy, he was basically trying to dumb the Gettysburg address for us so it was easier to learn.

Ahem. Anyway. As I was writing it down, I asked a friend who was sitting next to me "Hey, what's the contraction for will not? Is it willn't?"

She stared at me like I was retarded. After a few seconds, I realized that, duh, its won't. I started cracking up. I almost fell to the floor I was laughing so hard.

(Isn't grammar a blast?)

So, does anyone else have any interesting mistakes that they would like to share?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:20 pm
In spanish class ( I did it on purpose ). Mi llamo means My name is, and it is pronounced as (me yammo) if you say mi llamo it means I lick. There was a game where you said a funny name for yourself. So I said 'Mi llamo es trenta anos chikos'

So I said I lick 13 year old girls. rofl Of course I am 13, making the blow a bit less sharp.  

donutguy

CristoVII

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:46 pm
The funniest mistake I've made is probably when I wrote participate as partarcipate.

I think there was another one where wrote "a lot" with a hyphen.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:42 pm
My mom helped me study for a Grade 7 science test. It was all going well, until she asked me what orgasms we had studied. Yep, I had written orgasm instead of organism.

Eight years later, in my second year of college, I temporarily forgot the word "eat." I just couldn't think of it. There I was, standing in the busy hallway with my two friends and I said loudly, "are we going to food now?"  

snazy-a-tastic

BlueBlythe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:43 pm
I still do it....
Some part of my stuttering problem...
I sometimes say good instead of well...
And I always correct my friends on that.
So it's like some competition to catch me doing that as well...

I do this one on purpose.
I usually say curse words, like F***, fck...
I feel more...justified if I do that....  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:03 am
My brain makes a funny 'splat' sound sometimes. This is what usually happens because of it:

'My brain is death'

'Are those geeses?'

'Where are you goings?'

'I do non't know what you're talking about'

'I know not of the things of which you don't speak on the Sunday'

'I ain't not sane'

'Go place where?'

sweatdrop 2 am is not a good time for mental activities...  

SilverBellsAbove

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:52 am
The funniest mistake? Hmm...

I would have to say this: "I don't gots none."

I said that when a fellow gamer was begging for food. Since I am the "elite writer" in our group, they all laughed and said the world was going to end because I "finally said something that made sense." xp  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:48 am
Oh, boy, I forgot how to say 'So' once. Also, how to spell it. So, I was talking to my friend and I'm like, "You know that word...It's like a pig...Or...Or one of those knitting things! But it's not those! It just sounds like them."

So she replies, "Jenna...It's SO. S-O."  

rawrjennamonster

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:39 am
SilverBellsAbove
My brain makes a funny 'splat' sound sometimes. This is what usually happens because of it:

'My brain is death'

'Are those geeses?'

'Where are you goings?'

'I do non't know what you're talking about'

'I know not of the things of which you don't speak on the Sunday'

'I ain't not sane'

'Go place where?'

sweatdrop 2 am is not a good time for mental activities...

That was the single funniest post in the history of the Universe.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:35 am
I think I might be slightly dyslexic. I always proof-read what I write several times before submitting it, but at times, I just simply cannot catch my mistakes! It's so embarrassing though. Such as, I would write or type out a word, and I would write/type out some other word that is completely different than I orginally intended. My girlfriend has the same problem, but I think it happens to her way more often than with myself.

Sorry if it were slightly off-topic. I just cannot think of what my funniest grammar mistake was, at the moment. When I make one, I'll get back to this post. XF

l3viathan

Rohno

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:12 pm
A few years back, when I used to RP with people,
I said "*Shits in the corner*" instead of "*Sits in the corner*"
I still crack up thinking about it. xD
Then there was the "*Shits on the couch*" as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:04 am
snazy-a-tastic
My mom helped me study for a Grade 7 science test. It was all going well, until she asked me what orgasms we had studied. Yep, I had written orgasm instead of organism.

Eight years later, in my second year of college, I temporarily forgot the word "eat." I just couldn't think of it. There I was, standing in the busy hallway with my two friends and I said loudly, "are we going to food now?"

Oooh, I thought of more.

A friend and I were talking on MSN one day. We were discussing what we wanted to eat when we got to the mall's foodcourt later that day when I typed and sent, "I'm a sub." Translation: I want a sub.

The same friend and I were in the college a few weeks ago when she was telling me about food combinations she won't eat. Wanting to tell her her tastes were remarkably similar to my father's, I yelled - and I mean yelled - "You're my father!" Translation: You're like my father. I'm still taking a hard time for that one.

I forgot how to spell drawer once. I was writing something for writer's craft and typed "droor" over and over before giving up and calling for my mom's help.  

snazy-a-tastic

omiyashi0

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:51 pm
In third grade I forgot how to spell "of." I wrote "ove" instead.

On the multiple occasions that I've stayed up all night I've had countless grammar mistakes. Sad thing is, I can't remember them. Wait! I do remember one!

Some friends and I were staying up at the church one night for a small lock in. At about four in the morning we yelled for Caleb to come into the room cause we had somethin' to tell him. However, Travis got the idea to call him by his name backwards and see if he came. He asked me "what's Caleb's name backwards." I said, "I don't know lemme think." Suddenly he bursts out yelling "Bellysquaw!!" I asked him what bellysquaw was. He said that it was Caleb's name backwards. I agreed with him, and now we're both yelling "Bellysquaw!" Caleb never came to the lock-in in the first place.

Why were we callin' his name?

Now Travis and I call Caleb "Bellysquaw" every now and then.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:49 pm
When ever I write "space" in "myspace.com" I always by mistake type " mysouse.com." It really makes me laugh xd  

Zombielight

rawrjennamonster

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:53 pm
I've accidently said "She be like," instead of "She said,"  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items