Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Show and Tell! April 2007 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:40 pm
Since we don't have an April thread yet.... I've made one.

Hot off the needles. The Rainy Day Sock from MagKnits. I knit them up in Lion Brand's Microspun. I don't know how well they'll stand up to use, but they are incredibly warm despite being a lace pattern. They're really pretty IRL. 3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:22 pm
Nice job!!!

Socks are definitely on my to-do list in the somewhat near future smile

Ska Hippie

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:42 pm
I just got my circular set Tuesday, and as soon as I finish my Moebius cowl, I'm going to tackle socks.

And as a bonus, Cat Bordhi (who wrote Socks Soar on Circular Needles) was on Knitty Gritty this week to show a new sock pattern. And how to do them on 2 circulars. heart

(And she was wearing one of her Moebius scarves :whee)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:52 pm
I have startted making fleece, and sown, kitty hat's.
I would just like to note fthat I hate and sowing...it take's for every to get any were. but I just got back from an anime con, and have spent the last 2 months running around with my head cut off trying to get all of my costumes done... now that I am back... I find hand sowing the bom!
it takes for ever... and I don't care! eek I don't have a time limet to when it has to me done be... and really I've been taking them to work and getting a hat done a day... had sowing really isn't all that bad at all. blaugh  

Lee Kushrenada

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:59 pm
Baby blanket fresh off the needles. That's a DVD case on the blanket to help give an idea of size. I'm so proud of this. though it's going in the washer and dryer next load of gentle cycle stuff. That way the new parents don't have to unless they want to. 3nodding Yes overall I feel this turned out quite well. And my daughter doesn't want to leave it alone so I have a feeling I'll be making her a blanket too. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:23 pm
I made this in this (the deep blue, #156). When my husband gets home, I'll have him take pics, because my attempts in the mirror sucked. sweatdrop  

AriRashkae

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:23 pm
right now I am decking out my favorit pair of pin striped pants, by putting a ribon that look's just like a zipper. so it look's like there's a zipper running up the out side seame line of my pants. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:06 am
Elf: Awesome socks, the lace turned out great!

Silver: congrats on finishing the baby blanket!!

Ari: it'll be great to see pics of the moebius

W00t, new stuff! smile

Here's my show and tell...

Sock Monkey Hat!!

(shown with both the intended recipient wearing it (with him sock monkey key chain) and myself modeling it)

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:09 am
I can't remember if I posted this in the guild or not, but I have a picture in KNN's journal.

This is a skirt I made out of Fezza Dali a few weeks ago and only recently remembered to take pictures of. It was inspired by the Flirty Skirty from Knitty Gritty, but I made some major changes to the pattern.

When I was done, and had one ball leftover, so I made a shawl.

Other recent projects included a silk hat along with a red hat (nothing special). Currently I'm working on a keyhole halter top out of the same color microspun as Peppermint's socks.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:41 pm
OMG those look great! I am going to knit my first pair of socks as soon as finals are over! I am really nervous be excited at the same time  

Kumiko21

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:40 pm
Silver Sunrise: DUDE! you watch veggie tales! xd I love you!

YourAzureGoddess: I know I've seen those hat's before... were do you get the pattern? they look great!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:44 am
Peppermint Elf: Those socks look great~

YourAzureGoddess: The hat is immensely adorable xd

I'm starting my first project using circulars (Harry Potter scarf for a friend).  

wynter_myst

Chaotic_Mind

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:56 am
Well, I've made this doll, her name is Luci, she's awesome I promise that photos of her and her dress too will be up very soon!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:47 pm
Lee: it was based off of this pattern from Knitty I modified it a little bit because I wanted a bigger mouth (and I can't leave things alone smile )  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:34 pm
I'm going to be making the pair of men's wristlets in this last knitty. blaugh  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff