5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Primarily A&S.
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Some combination of these.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Do? I just sit around and contemplate my belly-button lint.
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 20

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:24 am
So, we're all in the SCA! That's excellent. Fantabulous, as a matter of fact. But what skill-sets does this guild encompass?

I, myself, am a bit of a dabbler... and I'm sure I'll keep coming back and adding to this list. Anyway! I fence, I'm a rather indifferent archer and knife-thrower (due to lack of practice, I'm sure... sweatdrop ), I play with string and cloth, I cook, I brew a bit, I sometimes make baskets and work with leather, I get my hands and clothes dirty playing with clay, I dance, I sing when I can get up the nerve (I actually have a song written that I have never sung for anyone), and I like messing with molten glass and red-hot metal.

What about you?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:16 am
lol hey! I was going to make this topic last night, but then I had to get offline so I didn't get to it. Good thinking. smile At the moment, I'm primarily a rapier fighter and dancer. I love going to bardic, but to save the ears and sanity of all present, I only watch and don't inflict my voice on them. I'm nice like that. lol. I want to learn to sew soon, and I love taking Ithra classes. smile I guess you'd say I'm somewhat of a dabbler too.  

Arithrel
Crew

GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:56 am
Hmm. Well, I've dabbled a little in some self-taught swordfighting, and I also picked up a little something from a group of LARP folks. I forget the name, but it was similar to Lion Rampant in nature. Fantasy setting, with some players given incentive to play creatures, lots of fun.

I sing on occasion, and would like to fine-tune my voice a bit through practice. I dance once in a while, but not too often. A couple of years in the Army left my knees a bit more rickety than they used to be. sweatdrop

I also have a keen appreciation for the products of the brewers and vintners. It's the Irish in my family.
wink  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:09 am
Mainly fighting, the only A&S I do is when I make my armor.  

CassiusD

GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:19 am
Oh, yeah, just remembered the name of the LARP group. It came to me while I was shaving, LOL. It was AmtGard, up in Washington State.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:31 am
let's see... i do a lot of stuff. i sew garb, cross stitch, embroider (i even embroidered a shire champion's name on his baldric!), i do a little bit of weaving, i sing, though i've never written any songs that would be appropriate for bardic circle... i like to throw axes and participate in archery, though i'm not very good as of yet... i cook, i paint, dance, do chainmail... and... hmmm... that's all i can think of at the moment. but yeah, i'm mostly an a&s girl.  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:08 pm
*lol* I couldn't fight to save my life. I'll leave that to my lord... I'm more of an A&S kinda gal. I sew, I sing, I've written a few songs... I've dabbled in soapstone carving and pewter casting... I've done a bit of dancing, though I'm very out of shape, so I get winded easily, and I've got two left feet besides... *lol* I've also assisted in brewing a batch of beer, and would love to learn to make mead and/or cordials. I am a good cook, though I haven't gotten brave enough to try making anything medieval yet, beyond assisting the feastocrat with some precooking of cookies and such for the event my group held last year.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:09 pm
Imzy
*lol* I couldn't fight to save my life. I'll leave that to my lord... I'm more of an A&S kinda gal. I sew, I sing, I've written a few songs... I've dabbled in soapstone carving and pewter casting... I've done a bit of dancing, though I'm very out of shape, so I get winded easily, and I've got two left feet besides... *lol* I've also assisted in brewing a batch of beer, and would love to learn to make mead and/or cordials. I am a good cook, though I haven't gotten brave enough to try making anything medieval yet, beyond assisting the feastocrat with some precooking of cookies and such for the event my group held last year.

LOL, Imzy, I promise you...if I can dance without falling over, ANYONE can. lol.  

Arithrel
Crew

CassiusD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:05 pm
Arithrel
Imzy

LOL, Imzy, I promise you...if I can dance without falling over, ANYONE can. lol.

Even I can sometimes dance without falling over, my partner may have sore feet afterward though.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:59 pm
Greetings everyone! I don't do very much (not that we go to event's anymore T.T). I only recently turned 16, so I actually COULDN'T do much of anything. I couldn't leave camp after a certain time without an adult unless going to the bathroom and I couldn't really find anyone to help me practice any of the skills I wanted to develope (probably because I'm shy and can't really talk to new people, let alone ask them to help). But I took up fingerloop braiding (though I can only remember how to make round ones, rather than flat-ish ones =.= Boy do I have a lot of them...), took one tiny lesson in bellydancing once (I blushed like crazy the entire time and kept asking myself WHY I was there), I'm trying to learn archery though I need a recurve adjusted to me, and I randomly help around camp like in the kitchen, serving, and babysitting with my sister. I want to learn calligraphy, and how to sew my own garb (Woohoo, my mom can help with that!) and a lot of other stuff that I can't remember right now.  

Shadows Kitten Lauryn

Red Zomby

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:30 am
Well, I am foremost a fighter, but I love the A&S skills I'm learning.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:10 am
Well I heavy fight (hehe beating men with rattan is ever so fun)) I do a little bit of dancing. And If I fell like it I play my guitar with one of my friends who play viloen (greta). I help build balistas <------I still want to stand infront of one and actualy get shot at to see what it fells like.  

Shelby Pierre-San

KatAttk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:25 pm
I'm just kind of there... That and I do some dancing and I was learning to boffer. I also want to learn fencing and learn to be like Lord Devon! (A guy in our shire that... let's just say that at our last demo he was walking the streets singing, making funny remarks and taking over tables and what not in the name of England... and alot of other things.)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:25 pm
flames_of_emerald
I'm just kind of there... That and I do some dancing and I was learning to boffer. I also want to learn fencing and learn to be like Lord Devon! (A guy in our shire that... let's just say that at our last demo he was walking the streets singing, making funny remarks and taking over tables and what not in the name of England... and alot of other things.)
Sounds like a hilarious guy!  

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:14 pm
My favorite thing in the world is to dance. Other than that, I also sew (among other crafty things), and I'm starting to fight just as soon as I put working armor together.

Good question!  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces