Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Recent Translated Manga Discussion - For those who have read the newest translations!
Tobi = Conspiracy? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tobi = Obito?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
  Who are they?
View Results

Lady Aburame

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:05 pm
There is a theory. It might be possible that Tobi is Obito. Think about it before you say "WTH, no."

1. The mask.: It covers his whole face, save for the hole over his right eye, the one the Obito didn't give to Kakashi.

2. Kakuzu: I know, Obito was crushed by a giant boulder, but Kakuzu is capable of fixing that right up, he put Deidara back together, after all. He could have easily been around when the incident happened, and, knowing that he was an Uchiha, thought "eh, why not?" in possiblity of him being a use to the Akatsuki.

3. Complex: "Tobi's a good boy." Obito was inferior to Kakashi, the fact Tobi's a good boy might be a self-esteem booster. That, and Obito was crushed by a boulder, if he is Tobi, it should be expected that his brain didn't make it unscathed.

4. The Sharingan: I know, "if Kakuzu fixed him, why would he need the mask?" That's easy: Itachi. He killed off all of his family except for Sasuke for a reason. If he knew Tobi was an Uchiha, he would most likely kill him without a second thought. It would also explain the swirl on Tobi's mask. The Sharingan spins, so it could be passed off as an illusion caused by looking at his mask; should anyone see his eye.

5. His Affiliation: He doesn't wear a headband, so we don't know what village he is from.

6. His personality: It's been said he's similar to Naruto. And Obito was "the Naruto" of his cell. Don't believe me? Check the pattern.

Sandaime-?-?
Jiraiya-Orochimaru-Tsunade
Yondaime-?-?
Obito-Kakashi-Rin
Naruto-Sasuke-Sakura

See? The goofball, the prodigy, and the token medic kunoichi.

I'm just curious to see who else thinks it's possible.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:36 pm
Kakuzu can sew chopped of limbs back to geather. Like a head to a neck or an arm to a sholder. He cant uncrush body parts.  

imsohappy1

Pekora

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:04 pm
Lady Aburame
There is a theory. It might be possible that Tobi is Obito. Think about it before you say "WTH, no."
WTH, no.

Lady Aburame

1. The mask.: It covers his whole face, save for the hole over his right eye, the one that Obito didn't give to Kakashi.

Stated a million times.

Lady Aburame

2. Kakuzu: I know, Obito was crushed by a giant boulder, but Kakuzu is capable of fixing that right up, he put Deidara back together, after all. He could have easily been around when the incident happened, and, knowing that he was an Uchiha, thought "eh, why not?" in possiblity of him being a use to the Akatsuki.

Kakuzu is indeed an old member of Akatsuki, but the ''eh, why not?''...he doesn't think that way, Al could've forced him to fix him up, same thing with Deidara.

Lady Aburame

3. Complex: "Tobi's a good boy." Obito was inferior to Kakashi, the fact Tobi's a good boy might be a self-esteem booster. That, and Obito was crushed by a boulder, if he is Tobi, it should be expected that his brain didn't make it unscathed.

...? Zetsu said he was a good boy because of his goofyness, but if Al let him join Akatsuki is because he did something awful just like the rest.

Lady Aburame

4. The Sharingan: I know, "if Kakuzu fixed him, why would he need the mask?" That's easy: Itachi. He killed off all of his family except for Sasuke for a reason. If he knew Tobi was an Uchiha, he would most likely kill him without a second thought. It would also explain the swirl on Tobi's mask. The Sharingan spins, so it could be passed off as an illusion caused by looking at his mask; should anyone see his eye.

And you wouldn't think that Itachi would sense an Uchiha or Sharingan for that matter? He's smarter than that.

Lady Aburame

5. His Affiliation: He doesn't wear a headband, so we don't know what village he is from.

That truly doesn't proof anything. That could simply be Kishi fooling you into believing that.

Lady Aburame

6. His personality: It's been said he's similar to Naruto. And Obito was "the Naruto" of his cell. Don't believe me? Check the pattern.

Obito was certainly a mix between Sasuke and Naruto, but what does this have to do with him being alive?

Lady Aburame

Sandaime-?-?
Jiraiya-Orochimaru-Tsunade
Yondaime-?-?
Obito-Kakashi-Rin
Naruto-Sasuke-Sakura

See? The goofball, the prodigy, and the token medic kunoichi.

I'm just curious to see who else thinks it's possible.

I think it's possible, but we have to wait to see what Kishi says.
And there are other threads like this, you don't need to make another one.
And believe me, the last thing Akatsuki would do is help someone unless they'd gain something in exchange. Obito was WEAK, all he had was Sharingan and his fireball as far as we know, and if he where to be alive, he'd be even more weak with his one-eyed Sharingan.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:46 pm
others belive to be Danzo. The guy that assighned Sai to Team 7. As you Kishimoto llikes to use mythology with his characters. Like Jiraiya. Here is something i found on another fourm.

Quote:
Danzo , however, noticed the deception, and throw his Shinobi Shouzoku (the black costume of ninja) tied with a rope over the hedge into the garden instead of himself. The guardsmen fired arrows to the dummy, then he pull back the rope. They believed that Danzo turned in the air to jump back to the hedge.
After that, he was called Tobi Kato , meaning "flying Kato ."

Here is the whole thing http://forums.narutofan.com/showpost.php?p=5946609&postcount=1  

imsohappy1

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:04 am
Frostman
others belive to be Danzo. The guy that assighned Sai to Team 7. As you Kishimoto llikes to use mythology with his characters. Like Jiraiya. Here is something i found on another fourm.

Quote:
Danzo , however, noticed the deception, and throw his Shinobi Shouzoku (the black costume of ninja) tied with a rope over the hedge into the garden instead of himself. The guardsmen fired arrows to the dummy, then he pull back the rope. They believed that Danzo turned in the air to jump back to the hedge.

Here is the whole thing http://forums.narutofan.com/showpost.php?p=5946609&postcount=1

There is a HUGE difference in size between Tobi and Danzo. That is absolutely and in all other ways, inconceivable  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:07 am
I think Tobi is Obito. I can't see anyone else being Tobi. And the one eyed sharingan making him weak thing, what about Kakashi? Itachi acknowledged Kakashi's strength. But Tobi would be stronger than Kakashi due to him being an Uchiha (if he is Obito). Itachi might've let him live cause he didn't care? Kishi still hasn't said why Itachi killed all of the Uchihas. Besides, sensing Sharingan seems like a little much. Sensing familiar chakra, yes. But I don't remember there being any mention of the Uchihas having unique chakra and Obito was before Itachi's time. But who knows?

P.S. I support your theory Lady Aburame  

EndlessDreamer

2,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:16 am
EndlessDreamer
Kishi still hasn't said why Itachi killed all of the Uchihas

Yes, he did. Itachi stated that he killed them all to test his abilities. To see what he was capable of. Then he told Sasuke that it was important.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:17 am
Tobi is Obito because he found out he's a herm and didn't want anyone to know, so he went back to kill his whole family and found out Itachi already did it.  

Captain Verd

Crimson Cupcake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:02 pm
Frostman
Kakuzu can sew chopped of limbs back to geather. Like a head to a neck or an arm to a sholder. He cant uncrush body parts.
ninja He could have sewed an entirely new body half onto him. Just a thought. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:39 pm
Nephite Warrior
Frostman

Quote:

There is a HUGE difference in size between Tobi and Danzo. That is absolutely and in all other ways, inconceivable

Oh really? Whats chapter where they standing next to eachother so you could compare them?

Damit the link didnt work, or did it? XD  

imsohappy1

Pekora

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:26 pm
EndlessDreamer
I think Tobi is Obito. I can't see anyone else being Tobi. And the one eyed sharingan making him weak thing, what about Kakashi? Itachi acknowledged Kakashi's strength. But Tobi would be stronger than Kakashi due to him being an Uchiha (if he is Obito). Itachi might've let him live cause he didn't care? Kishi still hasn't said why Itachi killed all of the Uchihas. Besides, sensing Sharingan seems like a little much. Sensing familiar chakra, yes. But I don't remember there being any mention of the Uchihas having unique chakra and Obito was before Itachi's time. But who knows?

P.S. I support your theory Lady Aburame

Of course he'd care. Specially if he's an Uchiha.
Kakashi is special. Obito isn't all that strong, and he could even with Sharingan.
Familiar chakra? He's an Uchiha, Itachi should be able to reconigze his own blood, same with Sasuke.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:59 pm
Kakashi is special. Obito isn't all that strong, and he could even with Sharingan.
Familiar chakra? He's an Uchiha, Itachi should be able to reconigze his own blood, same with Sasuke.

In what way is Kakashi special? True, he's the son of some legendary ninja, and was the resident genius of his age group when he was younger, but who's to say he's "special"? And Obito had just gotten his sharingan, so he had no time to develop it. Kakashi did. And don't say that it was proven that Kakashi was proven special in the gaiden, it's not enough to say anything about anyone's power. You can't judge them both by three or four chapters, if you are going to count Kakashi's unseen aging and development, then you would have to factor in that Obito might have lived to develop and grow stronger. And unlike Kakashi, he has Uchiha blood, he could easily master it. And as for the Uchiha senses tingling, it's unlikely. If they could sense their own blood, wouldn't the sand siblings have been able to tell that Orochimaru wasn't their dad? He didn't even take his body.  

Lady Aburame

EndlessDreamer

2,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:58 pm
Lady Aburame

In what way is Kakashi special? True, he's the son of some legendary ninja, and was the resident genius of his age group when he was younger, but who's to say he's "special"? And Obito had just gotten his sharingan, so he had no time to develop it. Kakashi did. And don't say that it was proven that Kakashi was proven special in the gaiden, it's not enough to say anything about anyone's power. You can't judge them both by three or four chapters, if you are going to count Kakashi's unseen aging and development, then you would have to factor in that Obito might have lived to develop and grow stronger. And unlike Kakashi, he has Uchiha blood, he could easily master it. And as for the Uchiha senses tingling, it's unlikely. If they could sense their own blood, wouldn't the sand siblings have been able to tell that Orochimaru wasn't their dad? He didn't even take his body.

I was ready to drop the whole thing lol! The sensing is a bit far fetched. Blood wise anyway. But Kakashi isn't special. Obito could be every bit as strong. Kakashi is smart. That is his advantage. But i like the thought of Obito being Tobi. It would be ironic. Especially cause I liked Obito...sort of.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:55 pm
With the other theory that Tobi = Danzo, I cannot agree with it. For one, look at the way Tobi acts and the way Danzo acts. Tobi is like a free butterfly, annoying, yet perhaps powerful. Danzo on the other hand, is tough like rocks, and may be powerful as well. True, there might be a possibility that Danzo is putting up a front and really acts like Tobi, but what are the real chances of that? stare

Though mind you, I also do not believe that Obito=Tobi. My mind is neutral and will see what happens when Kishi does his thang.  

Honh

imsohappy1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:50 am
Can you say Split Personality. Zetsu has one.  
Recent Translated Manga Discussion - For those who have read the newest translations!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games