Viva la France.
  None of the above.
  All of the above. (pixelated)
View Results

LoneDuke

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:14 pm
So which is the best persona to have?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:26 pm
I still am too new to figure out what I want to be. One day I thing English then I want to be French the next. Can I be an Eskimo?  

Diodamia

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:47 pm
Oh, I can never decide. My persona's actually Irish, but you'd never know by my wardrobe. No matter the period or country; if it's pretty, I have to make it. Scottsmen are always the most fun, though... wink  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:56 pm
LittleGreenGirl
Oh, I can never decide. My persona's actually Irish, but you'd never know by my wardrobe. No matter the period or country; if it's pretty, I have to make it. Scottsmen are always the most fun, though... wink

Hey I'm not alone!! rofl I'm in the process of making my persona still sweatdrop (need to get that done before summer stare ) But I'm thinking she'll be Irish! 3nodding But Still havn't really, figured out the whole clothing thing yet! rofl Once her persona is done, I'll find her garb that matches .... in theory! rofl heart  

Naito_Mitsukai

Nerienda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:54 pm
If I had to choose between those two? Definitely English; better garb. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm
Naito_Mitsukai
LittleGreenGirl

Hey I'm not alone!! rofl I'm in the process of making my persona still sweatdrop (need to get that done before summer stare ) But I'm thinking she'll be Irish! 3nodding But Still havn't really, figured out the whole clothing thing yet! rofl Once her persona is done, I'll find her garb that matches .... in theory! rofl heart

lol yeah... I finally figured out how to modify a pattern to make it more of an authentic Irish dress, but I can't decide on fabric yet. But even once I do, I'll still wear garb that isn't appropriate in some way or another for my persona. Ah well.  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

LoneDuke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:01 am
Naito_Mitsukai
LittleGreenGirl

I think most men want to be Scottsmen and most women want to be Irish. I should have put Irish in one of the votes.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:09 pm
LittleGreenGirl
Naito_Mitsukai
LittleGreenGirl

lol yeah... I finally figured out how to modify a pattern to make it more of an authentic Irish dress, but I can't decide on fabric yet. But even once I do, I'll still wear garb that isn't appropriate in some way or another for my persona. Ah well.

Well, the fun part is the CREATIVE anachronism. So wear what you like. I men, the kilt technically isn't period, but most of the Scots dunno that. It came to rise in the 17th century. So toy around with the idea that there was alot of trading going on. It's what I did. One day, I'm the definition of plaid, the next, I look like a Mongol. Don't limit yourself by nationality of your persona.  

Your Night Surgeon

Your Night Surgeon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:10 pm
Nerienda
If I had to choose between those two? Definitely English; better garb. wink

Maybe for the ladies, the tights and ruffles and frills still bother me. Nice boots, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:51 pm
Sirenstoy

Well, the fun part is the CREATIVE anachronism. So wear what you like. I men, the kilt technically isn't period, but most of the Scots dunno that. It came to rise in the 17th century. So toy around with the idea that there was alot of trading going on. It's what I did. One day, I'm the definition of plaid, the next, I look like a Mongol. Don't limit yourself by nationality of your persona.

For me the fun part is that all of my garb and accessories are made as close to period examples as possible for the very period my persona is from. Being authentic can be fun.  

Snaebjorn

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:56 am
Snaebjorn
Sirenstoy

For me the fun part is that all of my garb and accessories are made as close to period examples as possible for the very period my persona is from. Being authentic can be fun.

Exactly!! I try, because I think it's fun - and because you learn something new!! (though let it be know, I shall NEVER give up my bodice with the boning, no matter HOW MANY people tell me it's 'technically not period') stare
But I REALLY need to go and have a good sit-down with my herold and ask her a billion and one questions and get her to help me get my persona together!! whee  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:26 pm
I'm a Venetian. Viva Italia. heart  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Ringbender

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:19 am
It seems like the quesstion is often too global. In each country the question is down to disdricts and towns. In England it comes to are you from London, York, and so on. Simply Irish will get you into trouble in Ireland. You must say where you are from to get along. They still have a north/south civil war going on.

But then the garb you get to where is the same so who cares about the politics?

Good topic!
See ya!
Ringbender Bear.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:14 am
Well I vote for the Irish, but the Scotish are nice too. Not so much about the english, they took my land.  

Felix OFlyn

Czarevich

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:44 pm
None of those. I'm Cilician Armenian.

mrgreen

SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items