Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Craft frustration Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you go stir crazy if you can't craft for a while?
  Nah, I just go with the flow. If I can't craft, I can't craft.
  Well, sometimes when I'm really bored.
  Duh, I'm a crafter, it's what I do. Of course I go crazy if I can't craft.
  What kind of question is that to ask in a crafting group? Are you on drugs?
View Results

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:30 am
As some of you know my family is planning to move soon. In order to make room to pack up some of the non-essentials I had to box up my yarn, patterns and fabric fairly early on. The boxes they're in are now at the bottom of a large stack of other boxes. I haven't made anything since early February and I'm going stir crazy.
In a fantastic bit of serendipity, I was in the right place at the right time and talking to the right person about not having a working sewing machine. She just happened to have one that she was planning to give to charity and would I like to take it off of her hands? Of course I jumped at the chance and we picked it up the next day. We don't really have room for it right now, and I haven't been able to try it out because my fabric is in boxes, but I have a working sewing machine now. I could happy dance if I weren't going stir crazy from not being able to craft anything. rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:33 am
I can sure understand your frustration. I'm in a similar situation, I really need to get my craft area organized before I can get anything done. I just have to stop being lazy about it and actually do it.
How long till the move? I hope it's soon, so you can set up the sewing machine (yay for sewing machine biggrin )  

bit_witch

Invisible Gekko

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Generous 100

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:56 am
You should have seen me the week before I got my Denise circulars. I wanted sooooo badly to start knitting the stuff in Treasury of Magical knitting, but didn't have long enough circulars.

My husband promised me we'd go up on Saturday. Due to circumstances beyond our control, we didn't get there until tuesday. gonk

I was seriously hopping around like a little kid a week before Christmas. I can see my presents from distant relatives under the tree but I can't touch them yet! gonk

(My husband thought I was adorkable though whee )  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:57 am
I understand completely. If I can't work on something I go stir crazy.

I think that's why knitting, and portable crafts (like macrame jewelry and crochet and such) are so appealing - if I have to have my sewing machine packed up, at least I can keep my knitting bag with me; even on a plane if I'm careful of what I pack.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:30 am
I'm going crazy right now because my coursework has kept me away from my crafts! Wah! I don't want to work, I want to sew or cross-stitch or crochet! crying  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:22 pm
My husband starts his new job May 21 so we need to be moved by then. He's hoping we will be gone from here in 2 weeks.
I keep thinking that I should have kept my Dawn patterns and the fabric I'd picked out to make clothes for her out of the moving boxes. She's so small that it's silly to try to use a machine to sew her clothes anyway so a needle and a few colors of thread would be all I'd need. Oh well, hindsight....... At least I kept a book to read.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:36 pm
Yeah, i know what you mean... which is why i like crocheting so much. It only requires one hook and some yarn, which easily fits in a purse.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:38 pm
Ouch.... i don't know how your still alive. xp I'm extremely glad i've never had to move... but then, i'd just keep a knitting project in my pile of "Cannot live without" stuff....  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

julyrose

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:54 pm
Could you really happy dance, anyway, with all those boxes around? lol

I REALLY would like some room for my sewing machine and serger - I haven't used them in over a year. So, yarn stuff has had to keep me happy.

If anyone knows how to convert Gaia gold to real money, please let me know so I can get a bigger place so I FINALLY get a sewing / craft room! rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:47 pm
julyrose

If anyone knows how to convert Gaia gold to real money, please let me know so I can get a bigger place so I FINALLY get a sewing / craft room! rofl

Dunno how to do that... but you could always try converting crafts into real money smile

~*~*~

After having moved more times than I can count; anywhere from a couple of miles (dorm to apartment) to 2098 miles (Mmmm, Wisconsin to Oregon) I can only say: I can't wait until I just stay put. -.-

Best of luck on your move!  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:33 am
YourAzureGoddess

After having moved more times than I can count; anywhere from a couple of miles (dorm to apartment) to 2098 miles (Mmmm, Wisconsin to Oregon) I can only say: I can't wait until I just stay put. -.-

Best of luck on your move!

Thanks for the good wishes, I think I need them. Where in Oregon did you move to if I may ask? We're leaving NW Oregon for Northern Washington.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:10 am
I spent 4 years in Oregon for graduate school in Eugene.

I got to then move from Oregon to Vermont >.<

And soon Vermont to Virginia.

I really need to stop working seasonal jobs whee  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:07 pm
Ah, you got to hang out with the Oregon hippies. lol Eugene's Saturday Market rocks, but we haven't been down there in ages.
I'd love to get out to the east coast in the fall to see the leaves turn. I hear it's a lovely sight.

*Currently distracting myself by rereading Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince.*  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:08 am
Because I go to college almost exactly 1500 miles from my house, crafting can be a bit difficult. There's only so much space in a dorm room, so a lot of the craft books need to stay at home, and I've only once convinced my mother to send me a specific book. At school I have some knitting needles and some crochet hooks with me, but nothing like my complete collection, but most of my yarn and all of my fabric stashes have to stay at home.  

Blue-eyes-green

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:08 am
A little bit of an update:
My yarn is still in boxes, my patterns are still in boxes, but I found a magazine with a few basic sewing patterns for a doll that I have that really needs a wardrobe. I have two pages of scribbles, planning what I'm going to make for her and how to modify the patterns I have into what I want. It's not quite the same as having a project in my hands but it will have to do.
Our offer on the house we want has been accepted, but we are still working on a loan. The lender says that we WILL get a loan, he's just working on getting us the best one for us. The house is big enough that we can have a guest room that I can craft in when we don't have houseguests. It will be the first time I've ever had a whole room for crafty stuff (since we don't have houseguests often biggrin ).
I did think that we'd be moved by now though, that's why everything got packed up when it did. I had to pack the craft stuff to get to the rest of the living room. If I'd known it was going to take months for us to get moved I would have definitely kept my craft stuff within reach.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff