Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply General Off-Topic Discussion
First Monthly AMV CONTEST!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:49 pm
Okay, thats it!

Video entry is closed! Voting will begin shortly along with the AMV contest for the Month of JUNE.
Hint: Get your passports ready! wink

Welcome to the first monthly AMV guild AMV contest!

Our contest for the month of May is Comedy. All movies must be comedy or have some form of comedic effect. ((oh my really?!)) All entries must be in by the 31st of May. Voting will begin June 1st ((as will the next contest)). Voting will be left up for one week and winners will be announced shortly there after.

Prizes ((Yes, you read that correctly -- we are giving out prizes.))

First Place ((Grand Prize)) -- 2k + User Image
Second Place -- 1k + User Image
Third Place -- 500g + User Image

~
Rules: ((These are very important if you do not abide by these you will be notified and given the opportunity to fix the problem -- if it’s not fixed your video will not be a part of the contest.))

1. Videos must be of the genre specified. ((dur))
2. There is no time limit but please try to keep it under 10 min. ((@.@))
3. Subtitled footage will NOT be accepted. ((it cheapens the video – if you have problems finding unsubbed footage please contact Mr_Pilkington or Desdemona Legardored and we will give you some pointers…or maybe make an acception))
4. Please try to avoid using nudity -- if there is some put a warning for those who don’t want to see it. ((Also put a warning if there are lots of profanities or excessive violence --- you know the deal. :3))
5. Only one video per editor per contest --- videos entered may not be re-entered into a later contest.
6. All entries must be PMed to my account ((Mr_Pilkington)) in order to qualify -- PLEASE Don't show others the video you're entering. We want this to be fair.

~
PM THIS FORM:

[b]Link to Video[/b]:
[b]Title of Video[/b]:
[b]Footage Source[/b]:
[b]Audio Title[/b]:
[b]Audio Artist[/b]:
[b]Warnings[/b]:

EXAMPLE:

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:06 pm
So is some AMV Hell style, short clips thing acceptable?  

MalXII

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:12 pm
If you want to put one short 30 second long clip then yes, but multiples would be like submitting multiple videos. Thats kind of like cheating. However, later on I am going to talk to Zarxrax and see if he would be willing to run and/or judge an AMV Hell style contest.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:19 pm
Alright  

MalXII

ChipMonk14

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:25 pm
What if the editing isn't very good but it gets a lot of laughs. I made a funny scene with Kadaj and Loz (From Final Fantasy Advent Children) talking on the phone but there are very few clips of Loz and Kadaj talking on the phone in the actual movie so there are a lot of repeated scenes.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:53 pm
ChipMonk14
What if the editing isn't very good but it gets a lot of laughs. I made a funny scene with Kadaj and Loz (From Final Fantasy Advent Children) talking on the phone but there are very few clips of Loz and Kadaj talking on the phone in the actual movie so there are a lot of repeated scenes.

Well it is going to be popular vote. We'll put up all the videos and then take a vote. ^^ --So, your fate is in everyone else's hands. twisted  

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

ChipMonk14

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:56 pm
Desdemona Legardored
ChipMonk14

Well it is going to be popular vote. We'll put up all the videos and then take a vote. ^^ --So, your fate is in everyone else's hands. twisted

Schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

cool
!/
!
/

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:00 pm
Gaia messed up my stick figure crying there was supposed to be another leg and arm.  

ChipMonk14

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:38 am
ChipMonk14
Gaia messed up my stick figure crying there was supposed to be another leg and arm.

xd rofl Gaia said no to stick figures! >w<  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:05 pm
Awww crap. I suck at comedy AMVs. emo  

Vanima Eket

Cursed Abomination

Pheonix Starlight
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:38 am
Vanima Eket

I don't think anyone is really good at comedy videos.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:52 am
Pheonix Starlight
Vanima Eket

LIES AND SLANDER  

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:43 am
Mr_Pilkington
Pheonix Starlight
Vanima Eket

LIES AND SLANDER

*bashes him over the head with a baseball bat*

NO! No shameless pimpage of AMVs.

Shame! None for you!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:51 pm
Ok, my AMV is done and uploaded so where do I post it?  

FallenMarvel

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:57 pm
kajin_phoenixlord
Ok, my AMV is done and uploaded so where do I post it?

PM it to me using the form in the first post. And please try to keep your video a secret -- we want to have blind voting.  
General Off-Topic Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff