Reply Nintendo Guild
Woah, wait, WHAT did Nintendo used to be?! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BLooDYxxNiGHTS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:46 pm
I'm doing a ten page report now. Mine's on video games, and I'm putting in a couple paragraphs on the history of Nintendo... and all I have to say is What the hell. It's been around since 1889... yes, EIGHTEEN EIGHTY-NINE. It was a playing card company. Then, in nearly 1965, the owner realized how limited it was... he extended it into a taxi company, a food company, a television channel... and a LOVE HOTEL CHAIN.
What the ********?! Our beloved Nintendo video game company WAS A LOVE HOTEL?!

Holy crap. I'll never look at a 'Cube the same way again.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:57 pm
ninja That was before the current "big names" of the video game industry took over the company sweatdrop Can you blame 'em for trying to turn a profit? They just kinda realized what they did best when they started making games as a third-party way back.

Besides... You don't want to know some of the jokes about the Wii-mote and it's purposes ninja  

Edymion
Captain

Invulnerable

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:34 pm
That's a neat little fun fact of the day... You and your perversion, Edy. xp  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:47 pm

What perversion? gonk I just know too many weird people... ...way too many perverted people...  

Edymion
Captain

Invulnerable

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:01 pm
Yeah, you do. They've tainted your innocent mind, and I don't like it! scream  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:16 pm

You do realize I'm 24 years old and therefore disqualified from having an innocent mind. Right?  

Edymion
Captain

Invulnerable

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:13 pm
I'm well aware of that fact...now.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:03 pm
Edymion
ninja That was before the current "big names" of the video game industry took over the company sweatdrop Can you blame 'em for trying to turn a profit? They just kinda realized what they did best when they started making games as a third-party way back.

Besides... You don't want to know some of the jokes about the Wii-mote and it's purposes ninja

I seen far worse than jokes with my own two eyes burning_eyes
curse the horrid depths of the underweb, curse it a thousand times over!  

CirePrahs

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:06 pm
... I don't know wether to pretend I didn't hear that or ask for links... O_o;  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:45 pm
Edymion
... I don't know wether to pretend I didn't hear that or ask for links... O_o;

Ask for links, definitely. It's what I'm doing.

CirePrahs
Edymion

I seen far worse than jokes with my own two eyes burning_eyes
curse the horrid depths of the underweb, curse it a thousand times over!

Links plz?  

BLooDYxxNiGHTS

Sith Penguin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:51 am
you forgot toy company.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:48 am
Sith Penguin
you forgot toy company.

redface Err... Oops. ninja I didn't even think of that one at the time, it didn't stand out to me like the rest of them did (it doesn't seem like such a far cry between videos games and toys as say, video games and LOVE HOTELS...)  

BLooDYxxNiGHTS

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:01 am
I...really can't think of what Nintendo hasn't been. As you pointed out, they've been out for over a hundred years. They moved from one commercial type to another. When they finally settled down to video games, the industry took off. The reason being that in everything Nintendo does they expect quality and execution. The Nintendo Seal of Quality is of the few, surviving marks, and the only one in the video game industry. It's been around since the card company and even saw its way into the love hotel chain. It's just something that fit certain industries and standards better.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:06 am
I knew they used to be a playing card company, but I had no idea about the other stuff, or that they were around that long.... eek

Weren't they also the first to create those crappy little LCD games from back in the day?

What was it called? "Game Watch"...?

Something like that. I know it was a chracter in Smash Bros. for the 'Cube.  

D000M

Omake-Leks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:13 am
Ah, yes. Mr. Game and Watch. Me and him have some good memories from a while back... Too bad his reputation was ruined in SSBM... neutral  
Nintendo Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff