How ironic... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:51 pm
A friend of mine put me onto this. Very interesting. Now, picture a rosary. Circular chain, pendant and such. now, on the chain, are specific spacings, as such.

User Image

Now, look what happens when you connect those points.

User Image

Basically, when the rosay is positioned so that the chain makes a full circle, an inverted pentacle is inside the chain. What do you think?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:54 pm
LOL! Wow, thought I was the only one who noticed that! I think this is not an accident. Pagan imagery is found throughout the older cathedrals in Europe, so why not rosary beads? The early Church did borrow more from us than just sacred sites and holidays. Much of Catholic policy makes little sense unless viewed as occult practices. Through that lense, it is possible to see what they were trying to do. Sadly the approach taken was highly flawed and has created a huge problem.  

Dr. Arcane

Akwila

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:40 pm
lol, wow. talk about subliminal  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:41 pm
Something else I noticed, when looking for pictures of rosaries. If you position the cross on top instead of one the bottom, it makes an upright pentacle, such as the Christians have used to represent the five wounds of Christ.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:50 pm
Allright, here's another pic

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:13 pm
Dr. Arcane
Pagan imagery is found throughout the older cathedrals in Europe, so why not rosary beads?

Pagan imagery is found in the older cathedrals, though, because at the times that they were constructed, Christianity was in the process of establishing itself in the area. Because of that, the only craftsfolk available to build the cathedrals were naturally associated with the indigenous religions, and tended to weave their imagery into their work. I think that the pentagram connection within the rosary is more likely due to what Seraph mentioned about the five wounds, personally. Just about anything with five points- especially when that thing is something round like a necklace- can be connected to form either a pentagram or a pentagon, whether it was originally meant to be that way or not.

I think it's quite likely, however, that the Church has it's own metaphysical goals and methods. Magic is simply applied religion, after all, and old-school Catholicism is probably closer to Paganism than just about any other brand of Christianity... which is also ironic.^_^  

WebenBanu

Akwila

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:21 pm
Nihilistic Seraph

User Image
still when wron its is still inverted  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:29 am
akwila
Nihilistic Seraph

User Image
Then again, the ancient greeks used a five pointed star with the single point downwards to denote the five virtues.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Hypomanic Poet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:50 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
akwila
Nihilistic Seraph

User Image
Then again, the ancient greeks used a five pointed star with the single point downwards to denote the five virtues.

Wow... How old must the pentacle be?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:18 pm
I believe the pentagram, as an occult symbol, is usually traced back to Pythagorus. The ancient Egyptians also had a star symbol, but it was like a "stick figure" five pointed star rather than the geometric shape commonly used today- it was used to write words such as "wisdom," "teacher," "student," "blessed dead," "praise," and "morning." Most tombs also had their ceilings decorated with it, but now I'm wandering off into my own land.^_~ The five pointed star is very old.

Also, just as a trivia point, "pentagram" refers to the drawn symbol itself- as a geometrical shape and nothing more. "Pentacle" actually refers to a disk- usually made of clay, wood, stone, or metal- which is inscribed with the pentagram.^_^ Many Pagans try to use the two words interchangeably, because of the baggage often associated with the word "pentagram," but that is not proper usage of the terms.  

WebenBanu

Blood_dripping

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:14 pm
thats soo sweet  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:26 pm
WebenBanu
I believe the pentagram, as an occult symbol, is usually traced back to Pythagorus. The ancient Egyptians also had a star symbol, but it was like a "stick figure" five pointed star rather than the geometric shape commonly used today- it was used to write words such as "wisdom," "teacher," "student," "blessed dead," "praise," and "morning." Most tombs also had their ceilings decorated with it, but now I'm wandering off into my own land.^_~ The five pointed star is very old.

Also, just as a trivia point, "pentagram" refers to the drawn symbol itself- as a geometrical shape and nothing more. "Pentacle" actually refers to a disk- usually made of clay, wood, stone, or metal- which is inscribed with the pentagram.^_^ Many Pagans try to use the two words interchangeably, because of the baggage often associated with the word "pentagram," but that is not proper usage of the terms.
Oh? I believed that the pentacle meant inscibed in a circle, and pentagram, was simply the star  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:27 pm
Nope, pentagram breaks down as penta/five gram/drawing. Therefore, the pentagram is the drawing of a five pointed star. The pentacle is a ritual tool frequently used in Wicca, and possibly some other Western esoteric systems as well. I've found that to be fairly consistent in my books and the local Pagan community.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:30 am
HOLY CRAP O.O;;;....Hmmm >.> <.<
I've never saw anything like this but its very intesting. I bet Jameta will love it o.o.

Hmmm....>.>...
*Gets her grandma's Jesus necklices* o.o

QueenCrystal

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:33 am
I've always been attached to the Rosary as a spiritual tool; for general purposes, I use a one given to me by little old catholic ladies that has blue Hail-Mary beads and pink Our-Father's. For more in-depth procedures, I have a rosary made of garnet, given to my by my Oma (interesting enough, her favorite passage in the Cannon is the psalm with, "Though I walk through the valley of death, I am not afraid for you are always with me"... or something to that effect).

The tool always radiated something, although I never really noticed the five-points in such a manner...

I have a pentagram draped over Jesus. whee  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces