Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Charmed Knits - Harry Potter knitting book! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:51 pm
I just found out about this one the other day.
in just one more month, a book of harry potter knitting patterns made by fan's, for fan's.
I don't know about all of you but I'm ordering it as soon as I can.
this is all coming from the guy who play's weekly potter cast's. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:39 pm
It would be an interesting look-through, if nothing else. I have several knit patterns bookmarked, and i'd be interested to see what else they have.

This is coming from the girl who didn't have to take notes in class becase we were discussing harry potter and i was filling in the teachers blanks. He called it Sorcerors stone, i said 'philosophers" he said 'lemon drops' i said 'sherbert lemons'. He said "I don't remember what the mirror was called..." and i said "The Mirror of Erised?"  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:11 pm
YAY! I found out about this book through Knitty.com(the girl that wrote the "Leftover Vest" is the one writing it) and I'm SO excited about it!!!  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:13 am
I'm not sure if I would buy it--I don't use patterns--but I definatley want to see it. It looks like so much fun!  

knitting_needle_ninja

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:27 am
knitting_needle_ninja
I'm not sure if I would buy it--I don't use patterns--but I definatley want to see it. It looks like so much fun!

I don't use patterns either, but it would be good inspiration.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:19 pm
I pre-ordered it the beginning of last month. sweatdrop

So sayeth the girl who knit HP socks. ninja heart

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:49 pm
What kind of patterns are in the book? I can see house scarves...  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:55 pm
I know no more than all of you, and I myself don't really use patterns... but I started knitting do to Harry Potter, (long story) so there's no way I can't not get it.  

Lee Kushrenada

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:36 pm
Lee Kushrenada
I know no more than all of you, and I myself don't really use patterns... but I started knitting do to Harry Potter, (long story) so there's no way I can't not get it.
You can find pictures of patterns inside by clicking HERE! The pictures are under the book as a little button titled "View More Images".  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:56 pm
ok maybe I do know more than some.

all I know is that she has some patterns for hat's. one of them I really like, the others I don't know if I really like the others... though they do look like they belong in hogworts.

there's a pattern for a sweater with an H on it. and a black hogworts robe... though they are both on children... I'm shore that they would not just do kid's robes... I think. sweatdrop  

Lee Kushrenada

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:35 am
I just went to look at the link- I want this book! I've been tring to find a good weasley sweater pattern for years. I may even attempt to make my mom the Mrs. Weasley crazy sleeves- she loves that sweater.
This is from the girl who learned to knit five years ago so she could make her best friend a Gryffindor scarff for Christmas.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:33 pm
Looking at the added pictures, i still don't know if i want it... from the pictures, its looking like alot of things that i simply wouldn't knit, when you factor in my other crafting. I'd definatly pick it up if the library had it....

so says the girl who corrected her teacher 23 times in an hour and a half while not taking notes because we were talking about harry potter, and he kept spelling things wrong... and i'm not a speller. mad P:  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

ro-zumari-

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:50 pm
My library is going to carry it... I can't wait to get my grubby hands on it to make something just in time for July. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:49 am
I just figure if I don't like it, I'll just donate it to the library. 3nodding  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:21 pm
Peppermint Elf
I just figure if I don't like it, I'll just donate it to the library. 3nodding

Ah, to have the money to do that.....  
Craftin'