Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Questions for catholics Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

madwitch501

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:57 pm
Ok I do not want to have an argument in this thead all I want is to ask some questions. Ok im Wiccan and im bi sexual, my questions are these

Why are most catholics so vial and hateful to wiccans and pagans.

If being homosexual in Catholosim (sp) is wrong then why did god create us in his image.

Why spred so many hateful things about Pagans

Why did your ansectors Burn myn, or was it just because you felt threatened by us.

Now I want calm answers no fighting please  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:03 pm
madwitch501

If being homosexual in Catholosim (sp) is wrong then why did god create us in his image.

Why did your ansectors Burn myn, or was it just because you felt threatened by us.

Question 1: I'm not hateful. At all. Most aren't, either - you're only seeing the guys on TV.

Question 2: I don't.

Question 3: It was only a "we felt threatened" thing. People were paranoid back then.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

madwitch501

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:08 pm
but if you know about your religions history it said that pagans and catholics lived well together in fact many churches had 2 alters one for pagans and the other of catholics, then pope innocent came along, and said it was heathenistic to be pagan and that we worshipped the devil.

I dontr watch much tv, I have had numorus catholics come up to me and say SOMTHING HATEFUL AS i SAID IN THE FIRST POST WHY DO MOST  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:19 pm
Okay, I admit that I haven't studied my religion that extensively, but it was his radicalism that caused the rift.

But anyway, the vast majority of the ones I know are not that way; I'm in the Catholic community, but I have seen others who have friends who are Pagan, Jewish, Islamic, Satanic (referring to Anton LeVay), etc.
Much like how most of the public perceives goth - most of the ones they see are pretty distasteful (mallcorish, too).

It really depends on what people you come into contact with. Besides, most people who are involved in a specific group - religious or otherwise - tend to get embarrassed by those who are stereotypical or elitist.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

madwitch501

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:22 pm
true very true, see I myself was a catholic long ago but it just didnt seem right to me many of the teachings were hipacritical in my eyes, what are your views on the teachings?  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:30 pm
Well, I hope I'm not the only one who replies to this thread sweatdrop

But the way I see them is that the thoughts of hell and damnation are really only forceful incentives that I don't really agree with. But most morals I see in Catholicism I agree wholeheartedly with and I accept the idea of there being one true God who had an earthly son.
As for the hypocrites, I acknowledge them and know to not become as corrupt as they are. Yes, there has been a lot of corruption within the Catholic Church, but the ones who still believe in good should do what they can to follow those teachings.

In any case, there is a guild called the "Christian Gothic Guild" and they do a lot of religious discussion there... however, be forewarned that there are a few strict Christians there.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:35 pm
madwitch501

1) Most? Not really. Some of the more outspoken, yes. And why? For one, many Catholics associate paganism with Idol-worship, a sin in the Bible. Also, many Catholics interpret the Bible as saying that it's a sin to worship any religion other than Christianity.

2) Free will. According to the Catholic Bible, God gave all people the right to choose.

3) As said, many Catholics believe that following pagan (or to some, any non-Catholic practice) religions is sinful.

4) Already answered this. And now I ask you: Why did "your ancestors" brutally slaughter Jews for thousands of years? Because it was part of their belief, that's why. Just as with Catholics.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:46 pm
ut still why are you so hateful when I grew up catholic I was tought by my preist to be respectful and kind to all people, of course Im talking of the same person who sexually molested me

Yes free will but can you help being attracted to a certain sex I know I CouldntI have always been attracted to both. and Why do so many catholics hate gays and bi's or is that a sin to im pritty sure it is but what about the gays they hadn't a choice at least the ones I know always knew they were, and for the others they realised they were attracted to the saame sex thats not free will.

Why is it sinful because we dont worship your god?

please tell me more on the jews subject ive never heard it before.  

madwitch501

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:03 pm
About number four: it's unfair to impose that question only on Catholics; many religions have taken part in conquest over religious minorities. Also, back in those days, people were incredibly strict in religion, believing that a dead- or converted- "heathen" was better for the whole of the religion. I'm an ex-Catholic, although I questioned the existence of Hell and Satan from an early age.

If you live in a conservative community, of course people are going to be hateful. Mostly, it's only a small percentage of any religion that are radical. The reason they seem so prevalent is because now with the aid of the Internet, people can spread their opinions like wildfire to a larger audience.

According to Leviticus (Old Testament) the punishment for mankind lying with mankind (in other words, intercourse) was death and damnation.

What bothers me is that I've been told that the New Testament exists basically to shy away from the Old Testament and allow compassion to spread. That leads to my point that the only reason people claim religion as an excuse to be homophobic is because it's there as a loophole. If Leviticus didn't state that homosexuality was a sin, then people would have to find something else to hide behind.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:39 pm
madwitch501
GilAskan
madwitch501

1) Most? Not really. Some of the more outspoken, yes. And why? For one, many Catholics associate paganism with Idol-worship, a sin in the Bible. Also, many Catholics interpret the Bible as saying that it's a sin to worship any religion other than Christianity.

2) Free will. According to the Catholic Bible, God gave all people the right to choose.

3) As said, many Catholics believe that following pagan (or to some, any non-Catholic practice) religions is sinful.

4) Already answered this. And now I ask you: Why did "your ancestors" brutally slaughter Jews for thousands of years? Because it was part of their belief, that's why. Just as with Catholics.

ut still why are you so hateful when I grew up catholic I was tought by my preist to be respectful and kind to all people, of course Im talking of the same person who sexually molested me

Yes free will but can you help being attracted to a certain sex I know I CouldntI have always been attracted to both. and Why do so many catholics hate gays and bi's or is that a sin to im pritty sure it is but what about the gays they hadn't a choice at least the ones I know always knew they were, and for the others they realised they were attracted to the saame sex thats not free will.

Why is it sinful because we dont worship your god?

please tell me more on the jews subject ive never heard it before.

1) That's why I said that NOT ALL CATHOLICS BELIEVE IT. I specifically said many times, and in many ways, that only some Catholics are anti-Pagan.

But I'll say it again: Some Catholics believe that Paganism is a form of Idol-worship, which is considered a sin. Also, many Catholics interpret the Bible as saying that it's a sin to worship any religion other than Christianity.

2) Many Catholics believe sexuality is a matter of free choice.

3) I don't know how I can explain this in a more simple way. Certain parts of the Bible claim that because the Christian God is omnipotent, recognizing the existence of another God is blasphemous.

4) Why do you think Jesus was crucified?

For damn near 6,000 years, Jews were persecuted to no end by pagans. They were persecuted by Egyptians, Persians, nomadic Arabs, Greeks, Romans... virtually every group in power, in history, has persecuted the Jewish race and faith. Slavery, lynchings, public anti-Semite rallies, endless taxing, homicide, genocide...

Christians were also persecuted, and slaughtered, by pagans for centuries.  

GilAskan
Crew

madwitch501

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:40 pm
oh I knew about that but pagan is the name for a group of any religion outside of christianity so yeah got a bit confused rolleyes but I don't think the celts persecuted any, I do know that befor emperor constentine declared all of rome to be catholic they persecuted christians and catholics like mad! so yeah any questions on the catholic end of this subject?  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:49 pm
madwitch501
Ok I do not want to have an argument in this thead all I want is to ask some questions. Ok im Wiccan and im bi sexual, my questions are these

1. I am not,
that doen't make all of us 'vial' to you.

2. Being in Gods image has nothing to do with homosexuality.

3. We don't.

4. Back then,
the Catholic chirch wasn't very nice.
Now it is
^^  

Seronia

DieiNoctis

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:40 pm
madwitch501

What, exactly, is your ancestry?  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:38 am
madwitch501

1. They are a religion based on punishment.

2. Read the story of Soddom and Ghommora. God gave everyone free will to act with how they wished. Even if it was in a manner opposing gods wishes (i.e. eve eating the fruit of knowledge to gain understanding of good and evil).

3. Because it is a belief system that draws on worshipping demons.

4. Because they were an affront to god and did several things directly contradictory of the bible.

Now I'm not even catholic, but those are the average catholics responses.  

Rellik San
Crew

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:46 am
madwitch501

Good questions... you are surely going to get some answers...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff