Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ayame Kaganaki

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:56 pm
User Image

Vocal : Jack Spooky
Guitar : ZULL
Bass : Peggy

The concept of The Candy Spooky Theater expresses "a horror world like an overturned toy box." This blend of the macabre and playful is reflected in both their dark, whimsical music, which contains elements of Deathrock and children’s nursery rhymes, and their bizarre styling. The members refer to themselves as "Living Dead Spooky Dolls" and their stage shows are elaborately staged events that feature pumpkin heads and other Halloween paraphernalia, whips, straight jackets, a sparking electric chair, an MCing puppet called Tsutomu (which has even released a message CD) and and electric upright bass called Linda-chan. Aside from their work with The Candy Spooky Theater, all three members are also active in various session bands.

BIOGRAPHY
The Candy Spooky Theater was founded in 2003 by Jack Spooky (comical horror voice, mischievous vampire doll) and Peggy (shameless electric bass, princess of sexual witch doll), who had previously been together in a band called Dororo. Later that year, they were joined by Zull (sound of fascination guitar, mad anatomist doll), who had met Peggy while they were both working as guest musicians for Art Marju Duchain (under the names Yuzuru and Meila).

Their first release was the maxi single Pumpkins Scream in the Dead of Night Parade in March 2004, which introduced their weird and wonderful world to an unsuspecting audience.

In February 2005, The Candy Spooky Theater performed at their first Party Monsters Collection, an event sponsored by the band itself that also featured some minor bands. During the course of the year, they held two more Party Monster Collections, each featuring different bands. In September, their second maxi single, Wonderland, was released, followed in October by their third, Murderland.

2006 saw a lot of activity from the band, which teamed up together with Sugar and Calmando Qual for a compilation CD and a live tour. They also performed on various events together with both Visual and Goth bands and in July released another single: The Bedroom. September saw them play their first one man live, at which they distributed a free DVD containing a PV and some live clips.

In January 2007, the band played their second one man show: "Rockin' Child's Spook One Man Show Baby!!", where, again, a free DVD was distributed, and in May they will make their International live debut with a three date US tour organized by Tainted Reality, who also work with BLOOD.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:00 pm
PEGGY!! heart My lovely smex doll heart

User Image

kaha, everybody! smile

User Image

With respects to my friend IMNOTSOGOOD from Deviantart ^_^

User Image  

Ayame Kaganaki

Ayame Kaganaki

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:10 pm
click here to watch their video Exocist
and Dejimaki Denki Isu

and here's a little flashback before Candy formed! [Live] Art Marju Duchain

Ayame Kaganaki

Gazette88
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:43 am
there pretty good but there video's are bad!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:23 pm
They are okay. I'm not always in the mood to hear them because a lot of it sounds the same, which is to be expected because they are a theme band (halloween).

But My favorite song is probably Merry - go- round.
My least favorite is Exosist. Jacks vocals on that song are a mess. =/

And I remember when I first found them, I actually thought Peggy was a girl. Most of the time, I can tell. >_>;;

That's why, now, in visual kei, I came to the conclusion that one should just assume that they are male. ^^  

Phaid

Ayame Kaganaki

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:04 pm
Gazette88
aww crying I thought Exosist was pretty fun to watch. With them eating the girl on the road and all... tee-hee >w<  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:07 pm
Phaid
They are okay. I'm not always in the mood to hear them because a lot of it sounds the same, which is to be expected because they are a theme band (halloween).

But My favorite song is probably Merry - go- round.
My least favorite is Exosist. Jacks vocals on that song are a mess. =/

And I remember when I first found them, I actually thought Peggy was a girl. Most of the time, I can tell. >_>;;

That's why, now, in visual kei, I came to the conclusion that one should just assume that they are male. ^^
oh yes, to each their own^^ understandable smile
I dunno, I don't hear the halloween sound around that much at all, so I find it to be a nice, fun twist on the normal music that's played around all the time. Come to thin of it, how many halloween based bands are there out there? o_0

rofl XD I luv Peggy to death heart I'm so used to my androgyny that it's gotten really easy to tell the genders apart, even if their attire is top knotch @_@ lol, but it's so funny when you show random people XD

Ayame Kaganaki

Gazette88
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:05 pm
Ayame Kaganaki
Gazette88
aww crying I thought Exosist was pretty fun to watch. With them eating the girl on the road and all... tee-hee >w<

there videos are "ok"but i still don't like them idk i guess it's just me.But dont get me wrong there a band,and they make me happy at times and not so happy at other times  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:17 pm
never listened to them but they look amazing!! 3nodding  

dammmit~janet

J-kvlt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:44 pm

Its crazy that ZULL is in CST, when NOOKICKY is sooo different from them! waah! psychotic! ^_^

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:38 pm
I love Candy Spooky Theater  

bakaberry818

Gluevah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:54 pm
dammmit~janet
never listened to them but they look amazing!! 3nodding
I agree, I think I'll look them up *o*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:41 pm
to tell the truth when I first saw them they freaked me out alittle then me being curious as always listened to their songs and watched their PV's and now I LOVE THEM!!!  

Jesse AnnxX

bakaberry818

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:58 pm
i love the candy spooky theater  
Music

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items