Debating. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alienblackdragon

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:12 pm
I love it.
Its not arguing its talking about a thing that you think is this and I think its that.
Well anyways.

Topic one.
Whats your view on Christianity?

Topic two.
What do you think about the bible?

Topic three.
Are you really a Christian?

Ummm Thats all I can think of right now....
Well anyways lets start on topic one.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:08 pm
for topic one it's like I belive in God and the bible and God works mericules  

Doung-Young

Alienblackdragon

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:01 pm
Well have you seen one?  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:23 pm
Quote:

Topic one.
Whats your view on Christianity?

Well, I believe that religion in general is a nice crutch for the world. People need something to believe in, --some greater promise to get them through. Thus, they turn to religion. It's a nice staple, really.

But of Christianity itself I think nothing in particular. It's never done much for me, but if it does something for others, then good for them.

I envy them, in a sense. You know them, --your overly religious-happy types. But I won't get into that.

Quote:

Topic two.
What do you think about the bible?

The bible is the most influential book ever written for American and English culture. It can be interpreted in any way you like, really, --literally, or just as a guide.

I think some of the stories are quite ridiculous, and could not possibly be 100% true. I don't believe that everything in the bible happened exactly as said. --But that being said, I must say that there are some true historical facts that are worth mentioning.

As for the main religious sections of it all, --the Commandments, Genesis, yadda yadda, I find it hard to believe. But the historical accounts of Jesus and his disciples I must admit, to some degree, could possibly be true.

Quote:

Topic three.
Are you really a Christian?

No, truthfully, i'm agnostic. Pretty much, I use the term, "Agnostic" lightly. Actually, i'm a rather weak atheist, --but agnostic is more generally accepted in society, so I just go with that, and not give people rather false impressions of myself.  

The_Naked_Archeologist

Doung-Young

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:53 pm
Alienblackdragon
Well have you seen one?

yes on me I was in a really bad accident I was going to have my foot taken off but God heald it and... I still have my foot 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:50 pm
Doung-Young
Alienblackdragon
Well have you seen one?

yes on me I was in a really bad accident I was going to have my foot taken off but God heald it and... I still have my foot 3nodding

To the religious, such happenings are called, "Miracles".

To the rest of the world, they are known as "Coincidences". wink  

The_Naked_Archeologist

Razzleberry pie
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:20 pm
I belive the bible is there to give people hope and Insperation not to follow with your whole life you must find a path along the way that suits you He^
Is just there for help when needed^.^  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:54 am
_BeautifuloDay_
Doung-Young
Alienblackdragon
Well have you seen one?

Yeah Coincidences do happen....
But is it a Coincidence that a person prayed for a tumor to be gone with and once he put his hand on it the tumor fell right off.(I know the person that did this.)  

Alienblackdragon

The_Naked_Archeologist

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:04 pm
Alienblackdragon
_BeautifuloDay_
Doung-Young
Alienblackdragon
Well have you seen one?

But is it a Coincidence that a person prayed for a tumor to be gone with and once he put his hand on it the tumor fell right off.(I know the person that did this.)

Not sure. Though that does sound a little too rare to be a coincidence. ._.;

Though there is some meditation technique that, once you get really, amazingly good at it, you can cure yourself of cancer and such. Maybe it's something like that?  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:49 pm
_BeautifuloDay_
Alienblackdragon
_BeautifuloDay_
Doung-Young
Alienblackdragon
Well have you seen one?

Not sure. Though that does sound a little too rare to be a coincidence. ._.;

Though there is some meditation technique that, once you get really, amazingly good at it, you can cure yourself of cancer and such. Maybe it's something like that?
Eh dont know...
but he gave us a video to of him doing it.
It was really gross.
But kind of cool. sweatdrop  

Alienblackdragon

Recyclable Raccoon

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:57 pm
_BeautifuloDay_
Doung-Young
Alienblackdragon
Well have you seen one?

There's no such thing as a coincidence. Or luck.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:45 am
Recyclable Raccoon
_BeautifuloDay_
Doung-Young
Alienblackdragon
Well have you seen one?

<.<;

Strangely enough, I seem to switch between the impression that there are no coincidences, to the belief that there are coincidences and that everything is just a coincidence.

It's rather odd. I contradict myself too often.  

The_Naked_Archeologist

Recyclable Raccoon

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:06 pm
_BeautifuloDay_
Recyclable Raccoon
_BeautifuloDay_
Doung-Young
Alienblackdragon
Well have you seen one?

<.<;

Strangely enough, I seem to switch between the impression that there are no coincidences, to the belief that there are coincidences and that everything is just a coincidence.

xd
Dontcha just love when that happens and then people are all like, "Ermmm, but you just said, and then yesterday, and last week, but.. whaaaa?!"
Oh, yeah, back to my point. Everything happens for a reason, right? So it's not a question of chance or luck or coincidance or anything. It just IS.
If that makes any sense.. I suck at explaining stuff... Just ask my teachers. >.<;;

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:21 pm
Recyclable Raccoon
_BeautifuloDay_
Recyclable Raccoon
_BeautifuloDay_
Doung-Young
Alienblackdragon
Well have you seen one?

<.<;

xd
Dontcha just love when that happens and then people are all like, "Ermmm, but you just said, and then yesterday, and last week, but.. whaaaa?!"
Oh, yeah, back to my point. Everything happens for a reason, right? So it's not a question of chance or luck or coincidance or anything. It just IS.
If that makes any sense.. I suck at explaining stuff... Just ask my teachers. >.<;;

I see what you're saying, though.

Though I don't believe that everything is predetermined, (As with Fate.) I don't believe that anything is a coincidence either. Because things can only turn out ONE WAY, because each moment only happens once. So everything is bound to happen, whether or not it makes any sense at all. For example, if an anvil were to suddenly materialize out of thin air and hit your car, it was bound to happen, because that moment only would have happened once, as well as all the ones before it, and you made your choices exactly the same as you would have if you had ever had to redo the situation again under the same circumstances not knowing the outcome. You were bound to make the decision to run to the store to get groceries, and because you were bound to making that decision, the consequence was boung to happen, --meaning that your car just got hit with an anvil.

Thus, either everything is a coincidence, or nothing is.

=D

I love philosophy. <3  

The_Naked_Archeologist

Recyclable Raccoon

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:23 pm
_BeautifuloDay_
Recyclable Raccoon
_BeautifuloDay_
Recyclable Raccoon
_BeautifuloDay_

<.<;

xd

I see what you're saying, though.

Though I don't believe that everything is predetermined, (As with Fate.) I don't believe that anything is a coincidence either. Because things can only turn out ONE WAY, because each moment only happens once. So everything is bound to happen, whether or not it makes any sense at all. For example, if an anvil were to suddenly materialize out of thin air and hit your car, it was bound to happen, because that moment only would have happened once, as well as all the ones before it, and you made your choices exactly the same as you would have if you had ever had to redo the situation again under the same circumstances not knowing the outcome. You were bound to make the decision to run to the store to get groceries, and because you were bound to making that decision, the consequence was boung to happen, --meaning that your car just got hit with an anvil.

Thus, either everything is a coincidence, or nothing is.

=D

I love philosophy. <3

xd
Nice example.
And yeah, since therefore everything or nothing is conicidence, doesn't it make more sense that nothing is? Cuz if everything is, it kind of doesn't seem like coincidence anymore. To me, anyway... sweatdrop
I love psychology.
(Not like that has anything to do with this, really. But I do. 0.o;; )

#18- Shove 65 lobsters up my hole

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff