Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Have you seen the Terminal Disk? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you know of the Azure Knights?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Alkirian

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:37 am
The "Terminal Disk" is composed of 12 files that tell you about the world. It's sort of an electronic diary made by an admin of Project G.U. It reveals things like Aura's story, Morganna, the 8 phases, the truth about the Epitaph users...
If you do find it, you don't have to watch it...it does contain information on the first games and continuing after that.
It also reveals the identity of the admin...I was surprised...let's just say you haven't seen/heard this person anywhere...

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:42 pm
Interesting. How did you find out about this? :0  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

Alkirian

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:54 pm
I stumbled upon it when I was searching for .Hack// videos. I guess I can reveal the admin at least:
(Hint: Highlight below)

The admin is Pi's older brother...there's a note at the end saying he was ging to give this "journal" to her.

I think he died...another thing is that:

Project G.U. started in Kite's time...it kept going on until it was revealed in the G.U. games.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:50 pm
Woah~! That's really interesting... 3nodding I love your avi by the way~! mrgreen  

starmist100

Alkirian

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:09 pm
starmist100
Woah~! That's really interesting... 3nodding I love your avi by the way~! mrgreen

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:17 pm
User Image Didn't that come with the pre-ordered version of volume 2?

Or maybe that something else... eh, I'm too lazy to look it up but it sounds neat and I'd love to watch it.

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

Alkirian

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:35 am
I'm not too sure but it does reveal quite a lot of things. The things I find really interesting about is Aura's Story and the truth about the Epitaph Users. It also tells you who really started the fire at CC.Corp HQ.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:56 pm
Alkirian
I'm not too sure but it does reveal quite a lot of things. The things I find really interesting about is Aura's Story and the truth about the Epitaph Users. It also tells you who really started the fire at CC.Corp HQ.
surprised  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

Alkirian

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:06 am
It's been a while since I last watched the Terminal Disk but I remember some of the titles. There were some like:

Geek's Utopia
Generation of Unity
Gathering of the Unwilling

Those are the only ones I remember (not in order) but all of the titles are some ideas from the letters G and U. I think the official name for project G.U. is Project
Grow Up. I think it has something to do with Haseo.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:49 pm
I have only seen half of the first one. sweatdrop  

Twilight-AlRex

AGENTYELLOWBEE

Blazing Star

10,825 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:07 pm
That's really cool to be quite honist with you. ^^ I want to see that I beat all the dot hack games in a day so I like this kind of stuff... I pre-ordered my thing but I think you only get the disks in japan. oh well sounds cool I want to look into that. oh btw check my page it's deticated to Endrance  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:28 pm
Yea I actually did see the clips on the terminal disc although I had to search for it off youtube... is it against the rules to post a website? sweatdrop anyways, it was quite interesting although kinda boring lol but yea as you said it's basically background info 3nodding

oohs and yea G.U stands for Growing Up mainly and it's about Haseo... I read this in a newtype usa magazine article interview thing... hmm forgot which issue though whee  

Houou Joushou

5,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200

Houou Joushou

5,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:37 pm
ohh I found it it's the March 2007 issue of NewType USA and is on page 36 stating

WARNING SPOILER AHEAD for those who havn't played .hack//G.U. vol. 1

"...He's one of the least dependable protagonists ever. But that's what makes viewers want to keep watching-- they want to see him get better! He gains a lot of experience between the anime and the games, and according to the timeline of the games, he's already a full fledged PKK [player killer killer[. The game opens with Haseo suffering a bitter defeat. e then regresses to the [less powerful] form he had in the anime, and the game follows his growth from there. Hence, the title, G.U., which stands for "Growing Up."

there ^ ^ that should clarify it XD  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:33 am
I found the titles for the files of the Terminal Disk:

File 001 - Graceless Unison
File 002 - Geek's Utopia
File 003 - Guilty Universe
File 004 - Genesis of Ultima
File 005 - Guardian Ubiquitos
File 006 - Gateway to Utopia
File 007 - Gathering of the Unwilling
File 008 - Genetics of the Unknown
File 009 - Genocide of the Unfaithful
File 010 - Generation of Unity
File 011 - Guide to Uprising
File 012 - Gate of Uroboros

Yes, I know...they all start with G and U...

Alkirian

Jerritt Todd

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:52 am
I have the disk it came with the special edition of Vol 1.  
@Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff