Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Harry Potter Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:56 pm
I was just wondering how many die-hard HP fan's there are that are planing of costuming/other forms of crafts for the book release?

I myself am knitting scarves for me and all my friends, and am sowing a robe for myself. ....technically I all ready have one.... but it was my first sowing project and... well let's just say I'm making another and leave it at that.
all so, if any one know's of a good HP robe patern, I'm having trouble finding one myself.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:23 pm
I ordered a Harry Potter knitting book...but it has yet to be delivered.

*sob*  

Mildred Pierce

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:30 pm
don't wory, it'll get there soon.
I picked mine up I think the 2nd or 3ed day it was out, and a knitting friend of mine told me that she woen the next day and they were sold out.
but to be honest I'm just amazed they had them at all.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:00 pm
I have my robes, i'm making new ones for my girlfriend, we have our hogwats uniforms, and i'm finishing up her scarf (since she stole mine.. this one is technically hers, but going to me)...  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Lee - your avvie makes me think of the mer-men in the lake...  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:32 am
I'm making Gryffindor Socks based off the 2 different styles of scarves, but that will probably be the extent of my costuming. I have a bunch of stuff (a Time Turner necklace, a broom parking permit, and a bookscarf) that I'll probably add on as well. I can't wait! whee  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:19 pm
kochi~mochi
Lee - your avvie makes me think of the mer-men in the lake...

oh my God you right! eek
I never thought of that! that rocks!

I was thinking of doing a Fenrir Greyback costume... don't ask me why, but I think he's really cool. and the book release would be the only time that any one would know why I was... but I'm not going to.
I'm just sticking with the Hogworts student.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:12 pm
I would love to be able to make a costume for the book release since this is the last book, but we've got 3 more weeks until we move and there is so much left to do that I can't see being able to whip something up in time. Most of my crafting tools are packed up anyway. crying  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:02 pm
you could do it by hand... just take the fabric with you EVERYWERE. blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:40 pm
I need to finish knitting a Harry Potter vest... it's the last bit of my costume smile  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:37 pm
in the new HP knitting book, they have the hogwarts sweaters... I know I'm going to end up making one. xp though there's no way I have time to make it in time for the book.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:43 pm
Lee Kushrenada

*shivers* I hate hand sewing with a passion. I could never sew a whole costume by hand. All my thread, needles, pins, and fabric and other tools are packed up anyway and I'm not sure where those particular boxes are.
Perhaps I could have one done for the Half-Blood Prince movie when it comes out in a few years. sweatdrop  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:13 pm
ForestGreen
Lee Kushrenada

*shivers* I hate hand sewing with a passion. I could never sew a whole costume by hand. All my thread, needles, pins, and fabric and other tools are packed up anyway and I'm not sure where those particular boxes are.
Perhaps I could have one done for the Half-Blood Prince movie when it comes out in a few years. sweatdrop

well that is true, we do have a good 4 years left of Harry potter crafting to do before people just think we're crazy. xd

I have never hand sewn a hole costume/out-fit, but I would just to say I have, I'm hand sowing on ribon onto a pair of pants, and its coming along... but I would much rather start from scrach than do detail sewing, like I'm doing now.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:53 pm
i just saw the knitting book in store, Molly's coat is hysterical!
there are some cute things in it though!  

Fionamule

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:56 am
I can't wait to get to a bookstore to see the book myself. I always meant to figure out how to make Molly's crocheted bell sleeves but never had enough time between projects.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff