Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
AAARRRGGG! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever happen to you?
  Yeah
  No
View Results

nax is back

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:43 pm
I was rolling up my knitting into a ball, and it was tangled on the inside!!!! I don't know how! It is a relatively new skein of yarn, so it couldn't have been my fault! Now I have an enormous mess. I am very mad and distraught! (Kay maybe not distraught, but aggravated none the less!)  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:40 pm
Do you mean that you were going from a skein of yarn to a ball? It happens, i'm not sure why exactly, but its happened to me. Its highly annoying, but its happened to everyone i know at least once.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

ladyleprechaun13

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:48 pm
Happens to me all the time - Red Heart isn't the greatest quality yarn.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:40 pm
Yes. I don't know what brand of yarn that it was, but I'll definatly keep that in mind. It is highly annoying.

What brands would you recommmend that I could easily find at Michaels or Hobby lobby?  

nax is back

hyper_azn_girl

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:43 pm
something similar to that happened to me yesterday! i pulled out some yarn and a knot was in it. i undid the knot and it was two pieces of arn tied together xD  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:44 pm
hyper_azn_girl
something similar to that happened to me yesterday! i pulled out some yarn and a knot was in it. i undid the knot and it was two pieces of arn tied together xD

Oh that's just nice! I would be so mad if that happened!  

nax is back

ladyleprechaun13

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:37 pm
hyper_azn_girl
I get that all the time, but I'm to poor to shop anywhere but WalMart, so I just deal with it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:33 pm
I love caron Simply Soft. its not great quality, but it feels better then red heart super saver.... red heart soft feels good too.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:44 pm
Michael's carries a lot of Lion Brand. Not overly expensive there, and so far knits up ok. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:05 pm
I can't stand when that happens. But that's how I end up spending quality time w/ my mother though. I ask her to help me untangle it and we end up sitting there talking for 2 hours. So it's not too bad xd  

RocknRollDragon

nax is back

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:38 pm
Yeah. Thanks for the help! Any other suggestions are nice too! I'm a very nocive knitter, so I appreciate all the help!  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:59 am
kochi~mochi
I love caron Simply Soft. its not great quality, but it feels better then red heart super saver.... red heart soft feels good too.

I concur. Its great for huge projects, like blankets. ^^ *pokes her caron simply soft granny square blanket, en progress*  

Silver Mist

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:29 am
Silver Mist
kochi~mochi

I concur. Its great for huge projects, like blankets. ^^ *pokes her caron simply soft granny square blanket, en progress*

*strokes her hufflepuff scarf, and the scarf she's currently making for her girlfriend* I like it for anything thats going to get used often, esspecially if its by a non-fiber-snob, since they don't know the difference between acrylic and alpaca, except one's softer then the other. xp The best thing about it is that it's inexpensive.

A couple beginer knitter/crocheters have complained about it splitting, though...  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:49 pm
kochi~mochi
Silver Mist
kochi~mochi

*strokes her hufflepuff scarf, and the scarf she's currently making for her girlfriend* I like it for anything thats going to get used often, esspecially if its by a non-fiber-snob, since they don't know the difference between acrylic and alpaca, except one's softer then the other. xp The best thing about it is that it's inexpensive.

A couple beginer knitter/crocheters have complained about it splitting, though...

Red Heart Splitting? Cause it does that alot when I put the needle through. It's highly annoying!  

nax is back

ladyleprechaun13

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:57 pm
nax is back
kochi~mochi
Silver Mist
kochi~mochi

Red Heart Splitting? Cause it does that alot when I put the needle through. It's highly annoying!
It usually untwists while I'm casting on. Very annoying.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff