Reply Avatar Talk
The Avatar Arena... IS BAD. >.<;; Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pawsie-Incognito

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:27 pm

A couple weeks ago, ((not with this avi)) I entered the avatar arena. I have been getting ratings of 10s... 9s... maybe some 8s too! But they were all generally good ((from topics)) and then a week later, I was sure I had made it into the finals... BUT... NO. I found that my average rating was a 7.8...

And my conclusion is? Spam votes of 1's. I hate those people. In order for them to win, they spam vote 1 on each one of them! It drives me crazy. Advice I have been given...

"If they do that to you, why don't you just do the same to them?"
Well, My answer is..
"No... because that's not nice and it would be wrong to do that; I don't support it."

So what do you think?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:20 pm
    -guilty of spamming 1's, but not to good avis-
    o___o;

There are also bots that go around giving sixes now, and an abundance of them.

`Monox!de

mmli94

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:53 pm
i hate those. they should seriously stop their silly behavior xp i'd enter my avi in the arena (since there are lotsa comments on my profile saying how much other ppl love my avi 4laugh ), but i just need my last quest item 3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:45 pm
User Image[If]//[The Sky]>[]}[Is The]::[Limit]>-[...

I hate those bots that go around saying "but imo clashes a little. You should definantly get an OMG" or something. And in the arenas, I rate really bad avis 1o. Guilty. XD But people who deserve 10s get 10s. ^^

...]::[Then]//[What Is]<{[Space,]{}[Over The]::/[Limit?]User Image

Wintzi

8,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100

~Angelina Elven~

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:14 pm
Tell me about it..A couple weeks ago, someone with an avatar where the matching was horrible and it wasn't even a cosplay won 1st place or something like that! gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:40 pm
I just don't see how people can spend so much time just trying to bring down the scores of others. It seems so unfair.  

kimkat26

9,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Cognizance

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:07 pm
I actually submitted one this week just for fun.... funny thing I discovered? Gaians vote BASED ON DESCRIPTION!

I mean... I thought it was a competition for the avatar. Not the character the avatar represents.

Plus, I made my avatar be a little fire performer (JUST LIKE ME!) for sh*ts and giggles. And no one caught on to that. *snicker*

But it was very educational to submit my avie after so long! I still think she's cute, even if she's not fairing very well in the Arena right now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:34 pm
I dun like the arena...

yes, I give ones rather often, but usually I give scathing comments. But my standards in the Arena are far lower than those in the AT.

In the Arena, if I see a decent avvie, I ten it automatically even if I'd seven it in the AT.  

Orlyescence

Anardana

Magnetic Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:08 am
I hate the arena mad

People either make retard suggesions or bot, or say things like "I dont like that skirt so you get a 1"

Do I care if they like the skirt? No, doesn't mean I didn't use it well.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:59 pm
I've always disliked the arena. I entered it once, the first week it was open, and then never again after that xp  

[ddrfreek]

Terreur

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:53 pm
I don't usually go in there.
It's an exception if one of my friends need a vote, though.
I just go to the Art Arena to get the gold for commenting and stuff.
I hate the bots. They take the fun out of it. I didn't have a problem with them in the chatterbox, but this is where it starts to piss me off.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:24 am
i dont like the arena either. You need popularity to win but in the AT you get rated fairly.
I also hate the bots they too make the arena unfair.  

Original Superstar

Breneko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:53 pm
well....I really don't like the arena.....unofficial avvy contests seem to be better to me ;_;

I don't spam ones, but my rating system is almost as simple:
if it deserves to win, it get's a 10, if it doesn't it gets a 1. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:21 pm
I can't stand the arena. It's so stupid. I entered a very awkwardly sexual avatar just to see some of the comments I got...and I mean. It was pretty obvious it was a joke and I got people saying like, "doesn't match." and "bad use of colors"...Wtf.
I can't even begin to fathom how many things were wrong with some of the rediculous comments I got.

BatByte

Saffrin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:17 am
The best ones are the ones that say "Uve alrdy wn gv sum1els a chnce! 1"  

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out