Submit

Can you Be tan and goth
  Yes
  No
  *Is tired of everyone thinking they only like slipknot*
View Results

Sound within Silence

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:26 pm
The one thing about being goth (If you look in this quild its in just about every forum). Is the fact that all goths should be pale as ghost. This is somewhat annoying due to the fact that I, am P german and P Tai, yes i know thats a weird combo but its true. Im as tan as tan can be without being brown (No that was not racist)

Just so you know i am not just ranting beacuse i have no life.....im ALSO ranting beacuse i want to know what you think.

Can you be goth and tan at the same time. I asked my school this and i got this out of 50 people

16 people said i dont know
7 people said stop bothering me you ******** goth
11 people said Yes you can be both tan and goth
7 people said No you cannot be Tan and goth
7 people somehow got me talking about Hottopic (Others goths)
1 Person was asleeping while i asked but i did not notice
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
50 People i asked, and yes those are all true stats i really did ask that many people and yes that was the information i got

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:00 pm
The colour of your skin dosent matter, its all about the attitude.  

rnalice

3,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Full closet 200

Sound within Silence

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:07 pm
Thank you, about time someone has said that. I live in washington. So i dont know what the goth to other rashio is were you live but here its about....ummm. Im too lazy to do math but in my school of 1,500 odd students there are MAYBE 20 goths.  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:08 pm
If that was the case, there'd be a racial boundary for goth.
Pale skin is popular, but it's not necessary.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Blood~~fox

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:11 pm
You dont have to be pale to be goth. In fact one of my friends who got me into the whole goth culture was African American heart Besides its your body and mind if others dont like it, then they can go have sonic herpies ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:26 am
Difficult question... I'll answer it based on the visual, rather than the interests and personal traits behind it.
Yes, pale skin is one of the staples of "the look". It's suggested that we always buy foundation a shade or two lighter than our natural tone, regardless of what colour our skin is. I was very tan when I first got into goth which was very difficult to work with clothes-wise, so now my couple of shades lighter foundation IS white. I don't think there is anything wrong or unusual about goths with darker skintones, though. You could even go the undead Egyptian look to accent it!
But look... the basic idea behind goth make-up, in my experience, is to look like a fresh corpse (or less than fresh, to deathrockers!) which is why the paler skin is the norm. If you wear make-up then you would probably be better off aiming for slightly paler than your natural tone, just because it's what everyone else does. Remember, we're black sheep. ;]

If you don't wear make-up though, then you don't really have to think about your race. Your appearance doesn't define you as a goth.

Serjo Sammie

nikia kitty

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:42 am
It's not necessary to be white if you're goth, just like you don't need to wear black, worship satan, and all the other sterotipical ideas that surround goth.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:27 am
im 50% native american and 50% irish so i can get pretty damn tanned in the summer and personally i dont care lol its just skin  

xX x0mbie Xx

deathcomes_onsilentwings

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:59 am
Being pale helps, but it's not necessary.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:16 pm
Yes, pallour is popular with goths. It's associated with ghosts and vampires and also with the old fashioned, Victorian standards of beauty that a lot of goths take as inspiration. But it's not a requirement. There are no ethnicities that aren't "allowed" to be goth, and there's no skin tone thats OMG Not Goth! either.

...with the possible exception of Tanning Parlour Orange.  

Veruniel
Crew

Angi-Atrocity

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:28 pm
o.O Y u k i O.o
im 50% native american and 50% irish so i can get pretty damn tanned in the summer and personally i dont care lol its just skin

I'm 67% Native American, 5% Irish, and 28% Finnish.

...and I'm in color guard, being tan is difficult to avoid
being in the sun for 6 hours a day spinning a flag...  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:39 am
shukaku the cursed
The one thing about being goth (If you look in this quild its in just about every forum). Is the fact that all goths should be pale as ghost. This is somewhat annoying due to the fact that I, am P german and P Tai, yes i know thats a weird combo but its true. Im as tan as tan can be without being brown (No that was not racist)

Just so you know i am not just ranting beacuse i have no life.....im ALSO ranting beacuse i want to know what you think.

Can you be goth and tan at the same time. I asked my school this and i got this out of 50 people

16 people said i dont know
7 people said stop bothering me you ******** goth
11 people said Yes you can be both tan and goth
7 people said No you cannot be Tan and goth
7 people somehow got me talking about Hottopic (Others goths)
1 Person was asleeping while i asked but i did not notice
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
50 People i asked, and yes those are all true stats i really did ask that many people and yes that was the information i got

It is a persons attitude that determains if they are goth or not not skin color.....  

Devils_lilboy

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:00 am
Pretty much everyone who's made a comment here has the same reaction: Skin color doesn't matter, it's what's on the inside that counts. I agree, though Veruniel made a good point about the Oompa Loompa skin tone that may result from artificial tanning. Goths of all shades can be found everywhere, but the fake-baked orange look is not one you'll find commonly in the goth world. My point? Be natural, and put your genes to work. You'll find a look that suits you.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:44 am
EvFaerAshlynn
Pretty much everyone who's made a comment here has the same reaction: Skin color doesn't matter, it's what's on the inside that counts. I agree, though Veruniel made a good point about the Oompa Loompa skin tone that may result from artificial tanning. Goths of all shades can be found everywhere, but the fake-baked orange look is not one you'll find commonly in the goth world. My point? Be natural, and put your genes to work. You'll find a look that suits you.

I loved teh oompa-loompa comment. It made me smile! whee

Anyways, you don't need to be pale in order to be gothy. I've met many darker-skinned hispanic goths, as well as a few black goths. Your complexion really dosn't matter...

What does matter is having the proper attitude, mindset, and whatnot. If you have those qualities, then you can be as gothy as Voltaire, no matter how you dress, or what complexion you have. All of those things are superficial. True gothyness lies within the heart and soul. 3nodding  

DreamerSpirit

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:59 pm
DreamerSpirit
EvFaerAshlynn

I loved teh oompa-loompa comment. It made me smile! whee

Anyways, you don't need to be pale in order to be gothy. I've met many darker-skinned hispanic goths, as well as a few black goths. Your complexion really dosn't matter...

What does matter is having the proper attitude, mindset, and whatnot. If you have those qualities, then you can be as gothy as Voltaire, no matter how you dress, or what complexion you have. All of those things are superficial. True gothyness lies within the heart and soul. 3nodding

Heart and soouulll...
One will buuurrrn...

Sorry, had to sweatdrop  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out