Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
fansubs = satan Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fansubs are:
  fun to watch! :D
  but NOT FOR EDITING! D:
View Results

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:42 am
Alright. I have to get this out there because I'm sick of seeing AMVs made with fansubs. Fansubs are awesome to watch; to be able to enjoy the show that hasn't been released State-side yet. But that is it! DO NOT EDIT WITH THEM. They make the entire video look cheap and novice. The same can be said about poor quality footage but i shall be on that later. Fansubs pull the audiences attention away from the plot that you have created and cause them to wonder about what was going on in the show at that time. The video should not feel like you're watching an episode put to music! It should be original, unique and fun/entertaining to watch. It should cause the audience to feel whatever emotion you are trying to portray ((whether it's laughter, fun, love, pain, fear, ...etc))

Fansubs also equal downloaded footage -- which an AMV should not be made from. Buy the DVDs. D:< My pet peeve is those who edit with the fansubs ((or obviously downloaded footage)) of a show that is readily available. BUY IT! If you like the showt that much-- purchase the DVD.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:10 am
Agreed. Fansubs are the worst possible way to attain footage..... well, I take that back. They second only to capturing footage from television with a Hi8 Camcorder and transfering that to VHS then back to computer via composite input only, ATI TV Wonder pci card; which captures at a native 352x240. Of course the outcome looks pretty much the same. xp

Fansubs are the editors greatest foe.
DVDs or Blu-ray always the way to go! 3nodding  

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

sekitan bun

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:26 am
hmm, usually if I need them that bad I get them raw. but I have dvds but my computer won't allow me to take the clips from them, like with my fullmetal alchemist movie. So sometimes It may not work out. buuuut you're absolutely right,I hate it when there are subtitles on the amvs, but with kingdom hearts amvs you have to have the subtitles, and that's what ticks me off.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:03 pm
The problem with any kind of download is that it's, more likely than not, going to look like crap when compressed.  

MalXII

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:51 am
@ sekitan ((for some reason I have the need to call you bun-bun xd )): Your computer won't let you rip the DVDs? Generally, as long as you have DVD-rom you can download the DVDripper software for it....

@Mal: Yes, it really is a pain with all downloaded footage. But lately it seems that fansubs are the biggest problem with new AMVs these days.. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I hear your whispers Break the silence...

Thats why you download english episodes or pure japanese episodes. *sigh* I wish WMM could crop out subs.

And it calms me down...

User Image  

Hidden Mist Ninja

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:14 pm
Or even if all else fails.... IMPORT!!!!

I have a whole list of imported R2 DVDs. Hell at Jacon04 I picked up a SLEW of R2s at $10 per DVD! I plan on importing Wangan Midnight as soon as it hits shelves in Japan...... In August D:<  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:52 pm
Mr_Pilkington
Or even if all else fails.... IMPORT!!!!

I have a whole list of imported R2 DVDs. Hell at Jacon04 I picked up a SLEW of R2s at $10 per DVD! I plan on importing Wangan Midnight as soon as it hits shelves in Japan...... In August D:<

yeah, but then there's people like me with a piece of crap( have to stay within language boundries) for a comp, and don't have money for a good program. i am saving for a laptop and adobe premier, but first i need a job.... Im finally getting out of my days of horrible videos and getting into average/bad videos. im downloading exelent quality epidoes raw from the interwebs, because i cant import(no money) and cant upload to comp(no dvd/blu-ray drive)  

Jisaku Jiens

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:39 pm
Premiere is kind of a rip off. For just a few bucks more you can get Avid Liquid Pro which not only edits in HD... it CAPTURES in HD with a proprietary capture device. If you are on a budget premiere is really expensive. For the cost of it you can get Ulead or Vegas, a DVD drive AND a stock pile of DVDs.

If you on a budget and you are not going to go professional that is much more economical choice.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:36 am
Agreed. When subs are on the screen I'm focusing on those and what is happening in the show at that moment, not the video.

Half the time I'm watching videos is when I'm checking out a new Anime that I'm kind of interested in seeing. So I really don't want to have subs in the way of my enjoyment of the video.  

Pheonix Starlight
Crew

Ryo-Ohki666

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:37 pm
Curse you subtitles! *falls to knees and yells "No" at the top of her lungs*  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:40 am
Fansubs are not for Editing.
If you load Animes from the internet load raws they without subs.
Best is that all use DVDs, best quality  

Falconone

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:07 am
Falconone
Fansubs are not for Editing.
If you load Animes from the internet load raws they without subs.
Best is that all use DVDs, best quality

Indeed 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:50 pm
sekitan bun
hmm, usually if I need them that bad I get them raw. but I have dvds but my computer won't allow me to take the clips from them, like with my fullmetal alchemist movie. So sometimes It may not work out. buuuut you're absolutely right,I hate it when there are subtitles on the amvs, but with kingdom hearts amvs you have to have the subtitles, and that's what ticks me off.

N o, you don't need to have subtitles on a kingdom hearts video. I have seen plenty of Kingdom Hearts videos without subtitles.  

PyrolordSSS

The AMV Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces