Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
do you ever do this? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:50 pm
so I just got back from seeing the new pirates of the caribbean, (yes I can say, "of the caribbean" I'm not so lazy that I can just say pirates and every one thinks, is he just talking about pirates, or the movie that has made so populare that they don't have to use the full tital, just the first word. -end rant)
and just about the hole time I'm looking at elizabeth brocade outfit, and I'm trying to see how they made it.
"her sleaves are not the same as the bodice, mabe they costom made the fabric, I would love to costom order fabric, really it would not be that hard to made that, oh he's cute, nice jacket, I wonder how its made-
xp I can never just watch movies, I have to look at the costumes and think to myself if I'ed have time to make that and wear it.
am I the only one who dose this, pleas tell me that I'm not the only of my bread. ::shivers at the word "bread'::

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:32 pm
You're definitely not alone in that. I do that with movies, games, comics, and just about everything else...

I've yet to watch the new PotC movie though. Looking forward to it (and the costumes) XDDD  

wynter_myst

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:06 am
Definitely not alone, although I typically just look at the knits. During The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, I was wondering what kind of wool was used int Mr. Tumnas's scarf because I wanted one as soft and nice as that one.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:49 am
See, everytime I stare at Elizabeths dress I have to keep reminding myself shes in the Carribean, not Enlgand, ergo, the styles were slightly different. And with minimal research, I could make that dress. xd (the old yellow one, at any rate- haven't seen the new movie yet)  

Silver Mist

caffinated_tulip

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:36 am
Oh my, I know!! Her costumes in the new one are spectacular!
I agree with you silver, I have a pattern for the yellow one...well, not exactly. But I have a pattern I can alter to make it into it....

< Totally not a fan girl or anything like that... redface  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:02 pm
I like looking for patterns of knitting in games and cartoons.

Even though I know that it's just going to be a solid color.... crying  

Mildred Pierce

Dances with Squirrels

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:26 pm
My fiancee took me to see Epic Movie, and in one part, they're wearing chainmaille, only not. So I was leaning forward to see what it was, and all of a sudden, I got it: it was garter stitch knitting in a metallic yarn. I sat there gaping and pointing at the screen, and my fiancee about ruptured something, he was laughing so hard.

My inner crafter sometimes screams to be heard. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:10 pm
caffinated_tulip
Oh my, I know!! Her costumes in the new one are spectacular!
I agree with you silver, I have a pattern for the yellow one...well, not exactly. But I have a pattern I can alter to make it into it....

< Totally not a fan girl or anything like that... redface

Pattern, smattern. The best way to make anything historical such as that dress is to research how the general techniques were done, then learn from someone who does it. You eventually stop using patterns all together. ^^ (The only on I use is a hand drafted boice pattern).  

Silver Mist

caffinated_tulip

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:43 pm
Ive been sewing for ever but I'd be afraid to make something complicated with out one. I alter patterns like crazy sure, but oi vey. I made a hooded reversable poncho w/o one once, only w/ my pathectic excuse for math skills and ended up almost having a break down over it...  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:20 pm
Oh, I do that all the time! I have tons of movie stills on Jpegs just to figure out what the costumes look like *chuckles*

Awesome!  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

nax is back

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:27 am
I saw that today! And her costumes were awesome. I really want to make Tia Dalmas dress! (She is awesome!)

I'll definatly make her dress soon!  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:27 pm
Oh, I definitely do that.

My husband is begging me to make my work wardrobe (for when we open our bar) based on Princess Anna's from Van Hellsing.

Minus the stiletto heels. No way in hell I'm bartending 8+ hours in 3 inch heels. whee  

AriRashkae

bit_witch

Invisible Gekko

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:49 am
I do that too, only I'm a beader so I focus more on the jewelry.
I just watched the movie last friday, and was too busy just trying to keep up. But we will watch it again on video, for sure, and then I'm keeping my eyes on the details smile  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:25 pm
Oh yeah, I do that all the time. I watching my roommate play Final Fantasy (XII, I think), and all I could think was, "Wow, Princess Ashe's boots would make a great pattern for knee high socks." And when we were watching Pan's Labarynth, there was all this drama and action going on, but we were focused on the lace pattern for a character's shawl. That's not the first time something like that has happened either.

On a side note, I'm working on a Pirates of the Caribbean themed knitting bag. XD  

knitting_needle_ninja

ladyleprechaun13

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:15 pm
I usually do that with knitting. Last year, I had a professional seamstress make me a renaissance - style prom dress, then later found out that the pattern was intended to be a Lord of the Rings costume, and now giggle about having the same dress every time I watch any of the movies.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff