Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
Death Note Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Death note
  Awesome
  Not so awesome
  Never heard of it...
View Results

Gabrielle Thelda

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:30 pm
Ok! I absolutely love this anime! It keeps you on the edge of your seat yet knocks your pants off at the same time! I'm on Episode 28 right now and I still have no idea whats going to happen but I'm pretty excited to see. whee What do you guys think? Has anyone seen the movie too?

For those who have never heard of it:

Wikipedia
Main article: Plotline of Death Note

Light Yagami is a brilliant, but bored, high school student who resents the crime and corruption in the world. His life undergoes a drastic change when he discovers a mysterious notebook, known as the "Death Note", lying on the ground in the year 2003. The Death Note's instructions claim that if a human's name is written within it that person shall die. Light is initially skeptical of the Death Note's authenticity, believing it is just a prank. However, after experimenting with it and killing two criminals, Light is forced to admit that the Death Note is real. After meeting with the previous owner of the Death Note, a Shinigami named Ryuk, Light seeks to become "the God of the new world" by passing his judgment on criminals.

Soon, the number of inexplicable deaths of reported criminals catches the attention of the International Police Organization and a mysterious detective known only as "L". L quickly learns that the serial killer, dubbed by the public as "Kira" (derived from the Japanese pronunciation of the English word "Killer"), is located in Japan. L also concludes that Kira can kill people without laying a finger on them. Light realizes that L will be his greatest nemesis, and a race to prove mental superiority between the two begins.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:24 pm
never heard of it but now i know  

Itachi Master6

mewmew989

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:29 pm
I love that show. It's so exsiting but I only watch to ep 24 because nobody uploaded it yet. neutral  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:15 am
It's really an amazing battle of wits that "keeps you on the edge of your seat yet knocks your pants off at the same time", as Gabrielle Thelda said. I don't read the manga (much as I wish to), but I've watched the anime up to ... episode 30-something, after the L part, as well as the movies, and I think the series is a lot better, but then there isn't much that can be put into a mere few hours.  

xx_mizuki

PacketMullO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:59 pm
I love death note xd I have a bunch of the episodes on my computer although I've slacked off when it comes too watching them  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:48 pm
I love Death Note. I never got to watch many episodes since Youtube deleted them (I think) D:  

iiRukia

Bellabie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:56 am
iiRukia
I love Death Note. I never got to watch many episodes since Youtube deleted them (I think) D:

I agree entirely that DeathNote is brilliant! It is a shame that YouTube has so rudely deleted all of the videos, but you can find more at Veoh
Enjoy!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:38 am
It's cool cool  

Krusadin

Yuukoneko

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:49 am
I read the manga, is the anime exactly the same, or is it completely different? maybe I'll go watch the anime now.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:46 am
i love that show. I've seen up to like 27 or 28, and the manga is slightly different than anime(some different events but that's all).  

The Strange Man

I larko I

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:16 pm
its a really good anime,keeps you thinking through out the show  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:31 pm
    I watched Death Note until
*SPOILER WARNING!* Highlight if you dare
L dies. That was the most sadest moment of the series personally. He was just so awsome...
After that I completely stop watch/reading it because L was my favorite character and it just keeps throwing you off.
At first you think it is that and then it isn't though it actually is sorta like what you thought of originally.

Ayuka-chan

werewolf-king

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:09 pm
I love deathnote. infact, i love all manga. I have only read up to 6, because thats all they have in my bookstore. i go there and read manga for all day. thats my life.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:52 pm
i know some what of what happens and ya the movie was awesome light and L are the coolest!!!  

minimutt

javid afg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:59 pm
I heard of Death Note and my friends say that it's really good. I need to go check it out sometime. biggrin  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff