Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arcsoft

7,250 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:51 pm
SKIN has already gained tremendously attention throughout the world because of its roster. It’s Yoshiki’s (ex-X Japan) newest band project and moreover all of its members have already gained fame and experience in the music business.

The band lineup consists of Gackt (ex-Malice Mizer) as vocalist, SUGIZO (ex-LUNA SEA) and Miyavi (ex-Dué le quartz) as guitarists and Yoshiki himself as drummer and keyboard. SKIN is also often referred as ‘The Superband’ by the fans, due to the fame of its current line-up.

BIOGRAPHY
August 5th 2006, Yoshiki shocked the Otakon convention in the USA with the announcement that he was to form a band with Gackt. No other information was revealed at that time, but it didn’t stop the fans getting excited about the upcoming project. As if Yoshiki’s and Gackt’s teaming up wasn’t good enough to be true, Yoshiki created another stir on 28th of December 2006 by announcing that the third member would be none other than SUGIZO, the lead guitarist from legendary LUNA SEA. The news was exciting and surprising, since Yoshiki and SUGIZO didn’t have the best kind of relationship in their past.

Since then, there were many rumors over the identity of the fourth member, and the strongest rumors stated that band’s fourth member is going to be Miyavi. To back-up these rumors, Miyavi told last December that he is searching for a band to join to. On 25th of May 2007 those rumors came true as Miyavi himself announced at JRock Revolution that his joining of SKIN was now reality. Yoshiki also stated that their debut performance as a band will take place at Anime Expo, USA on 29th of June 2007. Currently SKIN still has an opening for a bass player, but so far there is no solid proof as to whether it will be filled or not.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:00 pm
yea i was waiting for someone to pst about that
personally i think it's a smart move on miyavi's part  

Gazette88
Crew

Keeper of the Jeep

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:48 pm
xd I can't wait to hear what they do! they're all wonderful musicians, so this is bound to be great!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:47 pm
Keeper of the Jeep
xd I can't wait to hear what they do! they're all wonderful musicians, so this is bound to be great!
yea but they don't have a bassist so idk how it will sound...I'll try it but probly not like it  

Gazette88
Crew

Keeper of the Jeep

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:28 am
Gazette88
Keeper of the Jeep
yea but they don't have a bassist so idk how it will sound...I'll try it but probly not like it

Yup, they're still looking. But arent they gonna sub in a bassist 'cause they're playing at that convention ?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:32 pm
Keeper of the Jeep
Gazette88
Keeper of the Jeep

Yup, they're still looking. But arent they gonna sub in a bassist 'cause they're playing at that convention ?
i don't think so...i think thats what i read on batsu i think but i'm not sure  

Gazette88
Crew

nongerpipi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:32 am
Ahhhhhhh that's so sad. why does it have to be wif the peeps i don't like most, like gackt for example. i hate gackt's voice anyways i ready to hear their music xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:55 pm
so sad, i like miyavi as a soloist better.  

Iehathe

Gazette88
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:45 pm
Keieh
Ahhhhhhh that's so sad. why does it have to be wif the peeps i don't like most, like gackt for example. i hate gackt's voice anyways i ready to hear their music xp
thank GOD....some1 finally agrees with me lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:16 am
I think that this is going to be really intersting...  

kitsung

Jesse AnnxX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:22 am
lol, give it a shot, and if you don't like it, then don't listen to it and listen to another band/singer.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:02 pm

I find myself being oddly excited for these guys, despite my irrational hatred of Yoshiki. (a lot of my hatreds are irrational, though) Even with all the audio rips of their lives floating on LJ, I'm waiting until they release something :3

J-kvlt

Jesse AnnxX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:48 pm
Jessikins Moose

I find myself being oddly excited for these guys, despite my irrational hatred of Yoshiki. (a lot of my hatreds are irrational, though) Even with all the audio rips of their lives floating on LJ, I'm waiting until they release something :3
well we'll all should give it a shot to see if they are good, ((they are going to be good anyway)) lets just hope their attire isn't going to look well ya know funny and we can't reconize Miyavi, but knowing Miyavi he probably wouldn't follow the image.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:00 pm
XxJesseNiwaxX
Jessikins Moose

well we'll all should give it a shot to see if they are good, ((they are going to be good anyway)) lets just hope their attire isn't going to look well ya know funny and we can't reconize Miyavi, but knowing Miyavi he probably wouldn't follow the image.

thats true  

kitsung

Jesse AnnxX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:14 am
kitsung
XxJesseNiwaxX
Jessikins Moose

thats true
GOOD NEWS
they don't have a funny looking stage attire or whatever, but Gackt did dye his hair black.
User Image  
Music

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces