Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.
July 07 Issue Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thoughts about the replacements?
  Whoot!
  They're ok...
  They suck.
  I don't really care.
View Results

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:51 pm

User Image
On the cover: Nana and Hachi from NANA
Volume 3, Issue 7

Inside:
Exclusive Excerpt: Princess Knight by: Osamu Tezuka
Last chapter of Yume Kira Dream Shoppe
Normal chapters of Absolute Boyfriend, Baby & Me, Vampire Knight, NANA, and Crimson Hero
Manga Spotlight on Millenium Snow and Ouran High School Host Club
Normal Hot List, Get This Look, and High Style, Low Budget
DIY: "Turn your cute baggy shirt into a cuter fitted one"
"Summer School:" Two games on SB's honor roll
"Coast to Coast and Heart to Heart:" Shojo manga's steamiest beach scenes
"Get on the Love Bus:" The Ainori reality TV show pairs true love with a moving vehicle
"Summer Reading"
"Warm Weather Treats"
"Pino NOW!" At nearly 50 miles per gallon, this Japanese car is as ecologically friendly as it is kawaii (cute!)
"Tezuka's Gift"
"Ska Girls Take the World by Storm:" ORESKABAND
"Hot in Japan"
Drawing with Yuu
Design a Beat Girl
Street Seen
Two-sided NANA poster; One side is the cover of the issue, and the other side has Blast and Hachi

"The July issue of Shojo Beat also revealed that the college-life romance honey and clover will replace NANA after August. ... Haruka, an abbreviation for the full Japanese title Harukanaru Toki no Naka de, will replace another founding title, Baby & Me, after October." From-ANN

And

"…you’ll be happy to know that Arina Tanemura will be Shojo Beat’s special guest at this year’s Comic-Con International festival in San Diego, CA (July 26-29). Tanemura-sensei will be on hand during the convention to talk about her manga, meet adoring fans like yourself, and sign artwork created especially for the con… Plus, next month’s issue of Shojo Beat will feature an Arina Tanemura short story never before printed in English!"
From-Tokyojupiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:56 pm
Looks like they are going to be adding two new titles: Honey and Clover and Haruka naru Toki no Naka de. But Nana and Baby and Me will be taken out of the magazine. I really like Honey and Clover so this is good news. That and it means that the graphic novel release of Nana will start speeding up. ^_^

http://community.livejournal.com/mangacast/532006.html  

emeraldisdead

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:23 pm
emeraldisdead
Looks like they are going to be adding two new titles: Honey and Clover and Haruka naru Toki no Naka de. But Nana and Baby and Me will be taken out of the magazine. I really like Honey and Clover so this is good news. That and it means that the graphic novel release of Nana will start speeding up. ^_^

http://community.livejournal.com/mangacast/532006.html

Yupyup, that's what I just found.
Honey and Clover will replace NANA after August, and Haruka (as they're calling Haruuka naru Toki no Naka de) is replacing Baby and Me after October.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:28 pm
Hehe....I haven't posted here in a while.

While I'm sad to see Nana go, I love Honey and Clover and am so excited to see it's going to be serialized! YAY!
I also really liked Baby and Me, and it doesn't seem like Haruka is something I'll like. But I'll have to wait and see.

I'm also excited for Sand Chronicles. Looks great.  

Okami07

sKiTtLes aN0nYm0uS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:22 am
I am very sad to see Nana go. I loved that series... crying

But...
The magazine is having a "Design You Own Beat Girl" contest. The winner will recieve Gaia Gold and a Copic Marker Art Set. Details can be found in the July Issue of the Magazine or at shojobeat.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:05 pm
KT_Skittles
I am very sad to see Nana go. I loved that series... crying

But...
The magazine is having a "Design You Own Beat Girl" contest. The winner will recieve Gaia Gold and a Copic Marker Art Set. Details can be found in the July Issue of the Magazine or at shojobeat.com

As sad as it is that NANA is being taken out, it's nice that the volumes will now be on a bi-monthly release schedule.

kel aka gandy
Captain

writerserenyty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:27 pm
I was somewhat lukewarm on the whole Baby and Me manga, so it's nice to see something new. And Sci-fi! I love sci-fi!

I'm also somewhat sad to see NANA go, I LOVE Honey and Clover!!! So, there you go. Yay!

Contest: I WILL enter!!!! That is such a cool prize!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:55 pm
I really liked NANA, why'd they take it out? But Baby and Me was getting annoying, though. What's the new manga like? Honey and Clover? What's it about?  

Tsammi-hime

Cafekko_Nyappy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:06 am
I'm going to miss NANA it's one of my favorites(especially the July chapter) I think theyre taking it out because starting with volume 8 there is a new mature rating. I'm kinda happy theyre replacing Baby & Me. I dont really like it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:56 am
Now I feel as if I have to buy all of the NANA manga. Too bad they can't keep it in the magazine, sad . I was expecting Baby & Me to go eventually because it hasn't been on the cover. What's Honey and Clover or Haruka about anyway?

mistedwings

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:21 pm
What I've found on Wikipedia:

Honey and Clover
Yūta Takemoto, Takumi Mayama and Shinobu Morita are three young men who live in the same apartment complex and are students at an art college in Tokyo.
One day, one of the art professors, Shūji Hanamoto, introduces his cousin's daughter, Hagumi Hanamoto, who has come to live with him and is a first year at the art school. Upon introduction, Takemoto and Morita fall in love with her. Morita expresses his love for Hagu in ways that scare her, especially calling Hagu 'mousey' and constantly photographing her, while Takemoto hides his feelings and tries to be a friend to Hagu. Hagu herself, though initially timid and afraid of company, gradually warms up to the three.
The group also includes another female: Ayumi Yamada. She is a master of pottery, and is well known by her name "Tetsujin" (Iron Lady). When not at school or hanging out with friends from the college, she helps her family run the liquor store. She is very popular with all the guys, whether they are from the shopping district or the other male pottery students, but Mayama is the only man she is in love with.
Unfortunately, although Mayama considers Yamada a friend, he does not return Yamada's love and is busy chasing an older woman, Rika Harada. Rika runs an art business which she used to run with her husband, Harada before he died in a car accident which also left Rika disabled. Rika Harada and Shūji were very close friends and roommates in college. Mayama is sent by Shūji to help Rika, who has a hard time taking care of herself and running her business.
The story follows these five characters in their love triangles, graduating from college, finding jobs, and learning more about themselves.

Harukanaru Toki no Naka de
On the first day of a new school term, high school student Akane Motomiya, her classmate Tenma Morimura, and their underclass friend Shimon Nagareyama are sucked into a mysterious old well. When they awake, they are in Kyō, another world that resembles Kyoto during the Heian Period. According to the young scion of the Star Clan, Fujihime, Akane is the Ryūjin no Miko (Priestess of the Dragon God) who has come to save Kyō from the ambitions of the Oni Clan. In this task, the Akane has the help of eight men known as the Hachiyō, and her friends Tenma and Shimon number among them. Initially, Akane is bewildered by her new circumstances, but she gradually comes to face up to her own destiny and understand the world of Kyō.
(This is about the video game the manga is based upon...I'm not sure if this is definitely what the manga is about)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:45 am
Im just really going to miss Nana, i think they should have replaced crimson hero instead, i really dont like that manga.

But im exited about the new meat...so im torn...............  

Crooked_Lamb

KagomeHime369

3,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:54 pm

blaugh YATAI! I'm so happy they're going to put in Haruka! (though, I usually referred to it as Toki Naka de...) mrgreen mrgreen
I have most of the books and have been translating them for friends for over a year now xd

4laugh Finally, they're getting rid of Baby&Me. That story dragged on...and on...and on....it got really annoying quick. sweatdrop

*sniffle* I wil be sad to see NANA leave, as it was starting to get to the really good parts *sniffle*
But I can see why SB would rather remove it, as it gets VERY mature.

Hopefully the new manga will be awesome^_^

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:57 am
KagomeHime369

blaugh YATAI! I'm so happy they're going to put in Haruka! (though, I usually referred to it as Toki Naka de...) mrgreen mrgreen
I have most of the books and have been translating them for friends for over a year now xd

4laugh Finally, they're getting rid of Baby&Me. That story dragged on...and on...and on....it got really annoying quick. sweatdrop

*sniffle* I wil be sad to see NANA leave, as it was starting to get to the really good parts *sniffle*
But I can see why SB would rather remove it, as it gets VERY mature.

Hopefully the new manga will be awesome^_^

So Haruka's really good? Yay!
I know what you mean about Baby and Me...it was really annoying...
NANA does get rather mature...though not too much mature than it is already...I'm just glad this means that it will be unedited. biggrin

kel aka gandy
Captain

Megamachu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:20 pm
I really liked the Nana poster that came with this month's issue. I'll be sad to see Nana go. But I've heard Honey and Clover is pretty good. I'm really glad that they're getting ride of Baby and Me. I never like that one. I only ever read it when I'm reaaaaaally bored.

.: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games