Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.
Intense tree spirit? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aiste Spirit

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:29 pm
I was opening up to some of the trees around my house and one felt inviting and old, comforting. It was a pine tree. But another one right behind my house, just focusing on it, it felt like it radiated much more tense vibes. I went over and touched it, and it tingled, felt energetic in an almost aggressive way, felt like my hand was somewhat underwater. It just felt really intense and tended to bring out more intense emotions. I'm not sure what kind of a tree it is, just a plain tree, but I don't know the particular kind.

I was curious though, is it possible that since right beside it, behind my house is where me and friends always have our fires, is it possible the fire or fire spirits have influenced it? I'm not sure how that works. But I was just wondering what would make a tree spirit feel that way?  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:28 pm
Honestly, your guess is as good as mine. You would know better than me, especially considering that you've seen and interacted with the tree.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:21 pm
This is the only instance of an "intense" tree spirit I've heard of. Other than that, I'm stumped. (*Boom boom, tsh!*)  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:49 pm
Mitsh
. Other than that, I'm stumped. (*Boom boom, tsh!*)

Groan!
ROFLMAO

As for the non-pun portion of our evening!
I'd be interested to find out more about that! How fascinating! Can you find out what kind of tree it is?  

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200

Aiste Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 am
Mitsh
This is the only instance of an "intense" tree spirit I've heard of. Other than that, I'm stumped. (*Boom boom, tsh!*)

LMAO. Well.. That's not exactly how it happened but.. eek

I'd say it was just me if it was much more subtle, but it was pretty distinctive. The only reason I could come up with was it was some traits it picked up from the many fires we've had right beside it, or that maybe even fire spirits had made it a home.. But I don't know if that happens. Wouldn't the tree like.. burn? or something, lol I dunno. I've read that tree spirits can be strong, but that alone doesn't quite describe the energy it gave off.

Anywho, maybe I should go back and try to learn more about it directly, but if anyone has any ideas lemme know. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:56 am
Actually it might just be the tree's spirit itself. I mean it would depend of a number of factors, but some trees just have different feelings. If you could find out the type of tree and how old it is that would be great. It could be that if it's an older tree it's just been around to experience something traumatic and hasn't let go yet. As far as I know the fires that you have wouldn't have any effect on the tree, unless it's afraid of catching fire.  

Shogun_Emrys

Aiste Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:15 pm
Shogun_Emrys
Actually it might just be the tree's spirit itself. I mean it would depend of a number of factors, but some trees just have different feelings. If you could find out the type of tree and how old it is that would be great. It could be that if it's an older tree it's just been around to experience something traumatic and hasn't let go yet. As far as I know the fires that you have wouldn't have any effect on the tree, unless it's afraid of catching fire.

Okay I wondered about the fire. When I touched it originally, it did feel like it could of been an experience/s that created those feelings, but I wasn't sure. I just had a mild impression it could be related. When we moved here (about 10 years ago), the tree had a big chain hanging off of it, and I just asked my mom. People were using it to lift motors out of cars and trucks, coulda been pretty rough on the tree. Would that possibly change the trees attitude/feelings?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:10 pm
Trees I've identified with or communicated with on intuitive levels haven't had any anger issues. I have encountered ranges of 'emotional' states in trees though... I didn't usually pause to wonder why I just accepted the tree the way it was. There was one birch tree that for really no apparent reason, called to me and was extremely excited I was there. The others didn't have that energy as much. A huge ash I met once had a distinct lonely, abandoned feeling so I spent some time with it. It seemed to like that so I promised I'd come back to visit and do visit every so often. It is sure possible that one could be agressively defensive for some reason but it is hard to know why. You'd have to be patient, listen, and let it communicate that to you if it wants to. The tree might not want you to know why.

Oh, and if you post a good twig sample I might be able to ID the tree for you. It's part of my trade, ya know. whee  

Starlock
Crew

Aiste Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:42 pm
Starlock
Trees I've identified with or communicated with on intuitive levels haven't had any anger issues. I have encountered ranges of 'emotional' states in trees though... I didn't usually pause to wonder why I just accepted the tree the way it was. There was one birch tree that for really no apparent reason, called to me and was extremely excited I was there. The others didn't have that energy as much. A huge ash I met once had a distinct lonely, abandoned feeling so I spent some time with it. It seemed to like that so I promised I'd come back to visit and do visit every so often. It is sure possible that one could be agressively defensive for some reason but it is hard to know why. You'd have to be patient, listen, and let it communicate that to you if it wants to. The tree might not want you to know why.

Oh, and if you post a good twig sample I might be able to ID the tree for you. It's part of my trade, ya know. whee

I'll get a picture of it for ya when I can, it's raining outside at the moment though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:23 pm
Sorry about the delay, I've been doing some things for a few days. Here's the pictures you asked for.

User Image

User Image

User Image

The pine tree in the background was also the one I mentioned visiting right before this one. So any idea what kind of tree?  

Aiste Spirit

Belial750

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:26 pm
sorry this doesn't help smile but that is a nice tree. good photography too smile at least I think so...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:38 pm
Belial750
sorry this doesn't help smile but that is a nice tree. good photography too smile at least I think so...

Lol thank you smile

I actually do enjoy photography. I have a gallery here.

http://rysuko.deviantart.com/  

Aiste Spirit

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:48 am
It's definately an Acer from what I can see (aka, Maple). At first glance I'd say it was Acer saccharum, but the leaves look a bit more waxy and darker on the top than I usually think of Sugar Maple being.

It should be pretty easy to key out if you get yourself a field guide to trees.

If it is a maple, those little guys sometimes get tapped for syrup so maybe this one had a bad tapping experience?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:34 pm
That is definately a maple tree. Do you have any idea of how old it is? I find that maples trees are generally very friendly trees and in fact Friendship is one of thier attributed qualities. Success and abundance are others.

As for the intense energies you are feeling from it, that could be from any number of unknown reasons. It's history and what has fed it and happened to and around it over the years will contribute to how you are feeling it now.

What I suggest is that if you really want to get to know this tree is to make water offerings to it evey few days or weeks. Just a simple glass of fresh water will go a long way when making friends with trees.  

Queene of the May

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:18 am
i don't want to tottally disregard the possibility of other spirits with it just yet...i feel something about that. maybe the tree dislikes humans in general, or there are spirits that are angry with you who have befriended the tree and he wants to help them out by bothering you...?  
The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games