yesh
  >:p
View Results

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:42 am
The Purple Moonlight Haze Guide to Making Gold
{without spending real money}

Hi all! I thought we should all put together a guide on making Gaia gold (and generally having fun on Gaia) since most guides I've seen are somewhat lacking. you up for it? Just add your tips 3nodding

1) The Daily Chance
- If you still have it activated (for some reason my sister doesn't)- keep clicking it everyday. Usually, it only gives you a minimal amount of gold and common-as-muck items, but every little bit helps. After all, it's free!

2) Keep Social
- Post all over Gaia! Talk in the forums, comment on profiles and vote/comment in the art/avatar/home arena, make your own Threads - be social.

3) Fishing
-Fishing is a good way to earn gold; even if it doesn't look like it at first (What with your endless reams of guppies that sell for little more than 1 or 2g each). If you keep at it, you'll build up quite a collection, which can sell on the marketplace well.
Alternatively you could save the fish and use them to buy one of the fish-related items to sell in the marketplace instead.
I'd say invest in a half decent rod; especially if you're planning on catching anything more than guppies. I have a strength rod that has served me well so far. Although it takes longer to catch fish, they rarely escape. Explore each of the fishing sites (not just the default Bass'ken lake).

4) Sell!
- If you don't like the items you have, sell them.

5) Invest
-You can't deny that your monthly items are a great investment. You can get them for 'free' by buying them with real money, but for those who can't do this, it's equally a nifty investment to buy them during the month that they're new. The prices can only rise. Unfortunately you actually have to already have money in order to do this- d'oh!

6) Marketplace:

The new marketplace makes things easy for keeping track of A-what you want and B- what's new/ending soon.
It can be a nifty investment to watch the 'ending soon' categories. Usually these auctions end within a couple of seconds and you (being the sneaky money-maker type) can swoop in at the last moment and nab a bargain before the auction expires.
So, for example, I recently found a nifty 'Ubi fan' in these 'ending soon' listings and the bid price was 76g from a buy price of 500g. "YOWZA!" I thought, so - my typing fingers at full speed- i bidded. Lo and behold, a second later a message told me I had got it
Now actually the fan's value rests at about 180g (not 500) but it's a nifty profit no matter which way you look at it.
This teaches you two important things when regarding the "Buy Low, sell high" mantra of Mr.Gambino...
1) Be educated. Know roughly how much stuff is worth beforehand. There's no point swooping in at the last minute to bid on an item that is worth three times less than you paid for it.
2)Go for it! You can sweep in and grab a bargain when you least expect it.
The only problme is now I don't wnat to sell my pretty little fan lol
So: the marketplace is a cool place to make some gold if you practice the way of- THE BARGIN NINJAAAH!
*bows*
Ithankyou.

New Tips

7) Other games:

lots fo otehr game sgive out gaia cash or tickets/bachelor credits that can be exchanged for items or gold on the marketplace!

cool ZOMG!

Thankyou to FightThePowah for the tip! Zomg can provide you with some decent items that lots of people want (after all, quest based games mena that people wnat better items to be stronger!) - tehre's a potential fortune to be made in this market smile

9) Selling your talents

You're talented. simple as - everyone has soemthing theyt're good at. A good artists? sell art commisions. A good photoshopper? sell banners Good pxel artist? sell icons/dolls A good chattermouth? sell your bumping prowress or offer your service to advertise guilds.
check out otehr people's shops for inspiration, charge fairly, and try to be origional ^_~  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:41 pm
Playing the games is a very good way to earn money. Especially since Word Bump actually gives out a decent amount now.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MysteriousShrinePriest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:34 pm
Wow...nice guide. I like how you set it up too!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:31 am
And the list goes on:

-Marketplace:

The new marketplace makes things easy for keeping track of A-what you want and B- what's new/ending soon.
It can be a nifty investment to watch the 'ending soon' categories. Usually these auctions end within a couple of seconds and you (being the sneaky money-maker type) can swoop in at the last moment and nab a bargain before the auction expires.
So, for example, I recently found a nifty 'Ubi fan' in these 'ending soon' listings and the bid price was 76g from a buy price of 500g. "YOWZA!" I thought, so - my typing fingers at full speed- i bidded. Lo and behold, a second later a message told me I had got it smile
Now actually the fan's value rests at about 180g (not 500) but it's a nifty profit no matter which way you look at it.
This teaches you two important things when regarding the "Buy Low, sell high" mantra of Mr.Gambino...
1) Be educated. Know roughly how much stuff is worth beforehand. There's no point swooping in at the last minute to bid on an item that is worth three times less than you paid for it.
2)Go for it! You can sweep in and grab a bargain when you least expect it.
The only problme is now I don't wnat to sell my pretty little fan lol
So: the marketplace is a cool place to make some gold if you practice the way of- THE BARGIN NINJAAAH!
*bows*
Ithankyou.  

dragontamer363
Crew

slushi goodness

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:04 pm
and there's also vending and exchanging.
and selling your art whee

oh and on the snipping thing that you just said, i got a 200g bouncy antenna two days ago burning_eyes heart  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:29 am
slushi goodness
and there's also vending and exchanging.
and selling your art whee

oh and on the snipping thing that you just said, i got a 200g bouncy antenna two days ago burning_eyes heart

cool!

hey, if you wan to add ot this please feel free, that's what i amde it for.

FYI: i used 'post style - document' if you wnat to jazz up your post a little  

dragontamer363
Crew

Ok mam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:17 pm
This is very good info  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:55 pm
Well, there is one way I made gold. Get money for one Sealed Letter for like 12k-16k... Then on the 15th, they can usually sell for around 20k. That's 4k profit... I had 300k and bought 20 Sealeds. I'm going to sell all 20 for 400k and make a 100k profit. sweatdrop  

Death Shikaku

Shadow_Quincy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:56 pm
oo nice  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:44 pm
ima eachu, Humans!!!!!!!!!!^_^  

chiakamori

3,950 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:35 am
Death Shikaku
Well, there is one way I made gold. Get money for one Sealed Letter for like 12k-16k... Then on the 15th, they can usually sell for around 20k. That's 4k profit... I had 300k and bought 20 Sealeds. I'm going to sell all 20 for 400k and make a 100k profit. sweatdrop

Nice one, though i don't have teh money to starty off with, especially now my internet at uni doesn't support gaia games.
i just make sure to post a lot. I think about seeling teh collectibles I buy- but I like them too much lol  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:17 am
I just wish you could sell the cash items: they're worth so much!!! I wants to get rid of my spore (turns out, its a chest item, which is hidden by my clothes). Oh well.
I usually sell my stuff for 25% its actual cost (or lower!) just to be nice...  

Morvick

Dapper Autobiographer

sarakchen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:54 pm
Thanks for the info!!!

Wow, word bump now give gold?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:26 pm
Add to the Daily Chance- You can now, if you're lucky, get items worth 8k-100k+  

Death Shikaku

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces