Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Criss Angel: Mindfreak Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ThermaDraconis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:15 pm
Many of you may have heard about the new series coming to A&E. I read a review recently that described him as "David Blaine's worst nightmare" and listed some of the things he does, which include pulling a needle and thread from his navel and setting himself on fire. What do you think of him and the series, and do you plan to watch it. The series starts on Wednesday evening.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:45 am
I cant wait for it to start. I love magic tricks. And fire >.>  

Tenebrion Valefor

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:59 am
It just proves the guy needs a strait jacket and 10 rolls of rubber wall paper........  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:37 pm
being a magician myself i dont really he much respect for david blaine or Angel. hboth bore me. the only reason they are famous is because of those extreme tricks they do, which for me seems like a cheap way to attract an audience (though effective)

the street magic that ive seen Blaine and Angel both do are almost all tricks that i have done for others at my school/mall/starbucks/etc or tricks that they simply had enough money to waste on it. their stage magic is nothing really spectacular (well Angel's isnt anyways)

i should give them more props, because its wrong of me to down them. they are good magicians, but i think they should stick to being either magician, or daredevil to give people in the other group a chance. that and film more of their street magic routines instead of single tricks. routines are more impressive (and difficult) anyways, imo.

thats my two cents  

themagikat

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:04 am
I've never really seen chris angel over here....david blaine urg after that starving himself stunt in london..*sighs* the guy's just boring I much rather like to see street magic and sometimes mind magic like derren brown (though he does strike me as the kid that was always picked last and never won anything so now he's devised games for him to always win but it's still enjoyable somethimes)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:12 am
OMG, it was so crazy.. he made this chick like levitated in front of i think around 8 people that were standing at all angles... he payed them off, or he's just that good.

btw im new here and i dont know how to make a new topic. can i, or do i need to talk to a member of the crew for that?  

Qoix

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:16 am
Haru-Akimoto
OMG, it was so crazy.. he made this chick like levitated in front of i think around 8 people that were standing at all angles... he payed them off, or he's just that good.

btw im new here and i dont know how to make a new topic. can i, or do i need to talk to a member of the crew for that?

Well, you are encouraged to look around to see if anything exists first, but if it doesn't I believe the new topic button is at the bttom of the screen.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:38 pm
anywho...back on el topico  

themagikat

darkXmoon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:53 pm
Personally I can honestly say I do not respect Angel at all. After watching him first hand an dealing with him I can honestly say the man probably hates me as much as I to him. Almost all of his tricks are stolen from other street magicians and he is a crappy actor.

He gets so caught up in trying to use gross out tactics to hide the strings attached to his magic an this really makes me sick. He is a liquid latex freak and needs a new hobbie. I would like to remind every one that this is my own personal view and understand if you think otherwise.

David Blaine on the other hand I do give a lot of credit. He tries very damn hard to come up with his own unique and unusual ways of the art of illusion and his one of a kind escape acts.

I have lost some respect for David Blaine at the British opener where he did a "watch me cut my ear open" act lowering himself to Chris Angels level.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:24 pm
meh, i cant stand either of them. the only good escape artist ever to come and go is and will always be the late harry houdini  

themagikat

crown_of_thorns

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:30 pm
My friend attempted to explain to me how it was an illusion or something the other day - something to do with your mind, body, and soul working at the same time allowing you to do basically anything - but I don't really know what to think of it. I do think it's cool and amusing to watch...and that the dude is pretty hot. And I like his name. My friend was just telling me about him the other day, so the topic is fresh in my mind.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:15 am
Well what trick did you want to know about, I would be glad to explain the working of it if I know how it is done.  

darkXmoon

crown_of_thorns

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:24 pm
Thanks! Well...how about the garbage can disappearance trick?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:38 pm
I look forward to watching him.  

Demonatrixxx

8,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Statustician 100

Red Dragoness

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:50 pm
I watched him the other day. The problem with magic on tv is there's no way to see if it's really fake. It's cool to watch him levitate though. And his bloody hot man. 3nodding  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff