Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
I blame Craftin' for this! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:38 am
rofl I'm now hooked on crochet! I innocently bought a crochet hook for finishing knitting purposes. Then out of curiosity(sp?) I looked at some how to crochet videos. And now I have a good portion of Teh Bunny finished. *runs around flailing her arms*
I'm addicted!!!! HELP!

Bunny update: With ears. And arms. Don't forget the tail. Now With Legs!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:07 am
Muwhahahaha!!! And crocheting suckers in another one! It is invevitable, for crocheting is teh awesome.  

Silver Mist

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:52 am
Silver Mist
Muwhahahaha!!! And crocheting suckers in another one! It is invevitable, for crocheting is teh awesome.
And my daughter already knows the bunny is for her. xd she's walked off with the body twice. rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:29 am
Welcome to the Crochet Side of the Force! biggrin

You want addiction? Try browsing those free pattern leaflets in the craft store or browse the patterns online.  

Brunette_Star

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:45 am
*smiles evily* Welcome to the Hook Side....

Honestly, don't you find it much easier to do shaped projects? I know i do. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:23 pm
Brunette_Star
Welcome to the Crochet Side of the Force! biggrin

You want addiction? Try browsing those free pattern leaflets in the craft store or browse the patterns online.

I browse patterns for crafts I don't (ok well didn't) know how to do! xd

kochi~mochi
*smiles evily* Welcome to the Hook Side....

Honestly, don't you find it much easier to do shaped projects? I know i do. 3nodding
Why yes I do. xd I would have never been able to knit a bunny toy. xd not without good circulars anyway.
Speaking of the bunny toy, time for picture update! With ears. And arms. Don't forget the tail. Now With Legs!

I need more hooks. xd my f-hook is lonely.  

Silver Sunrise

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:13 pm
Silver Sunrise

Now, to bring you fully into the dark side. It comes complete with a full set of Susan Bates Aluminum hooks, though. ^^ Yes, that is my recommendation to you. They are sold just about everywhere, too. I've seen them in wal-marts, michaels, and AC Moores. Not terribly expensive, and they last FOREVER. I'm using my moms 40 year old set. ^^ (they happened to kinda sort start moving around with me... hmm... however could that have happened?)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:23 pm
Silver Mist
Silver Sunrise

Now, to bring you fully into the dark side. It comes complete with a full set of Susan Bates Aluminum hooks, though. ^^ Yes, that is my recommendation to you. They are sold just about everywhere, too. I've seen them in wal-marts, michaels, and AC Moores. Not terribly expensive, and they last FOREVER. I'm using my moms 40 year old set. ^^ (they happened to kinda sort start moving around with me... hmm... however could that have happened?)
Susan Bates... *makes note of that* what all sizes does it come with? *in process of finding anouther plushie to make*  

Silver Sunrise

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:23 pm
Susan Bates comes in... well... everything. xp I would look at patterns and see what sizes the ones you want to do say to use, and get a set that has as many of them as you can get. You can, of course, buy them one at a time as you need them, too.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:34 pm
Crochet is awesome - and fast once you get the hang of it! Welcome to the dark side *mwa hahahah!*  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:01 pm
kochi~mochi
Susan Bates comes in... well... everything. xp I would look at patterns and see what sizes the ones you want to do say to use, and get a set that has as many of them as you can get. You can, of course, buy them one at a time as you need them, too.

I did some shopping online at JoAnn's I didn't see any Susan Bates hook sets, but I did find one from Boye that had 24 hooks in a case for $45. Is Boye a good brand? or should I keep shopping? xd

YourAzureGoddess
Crochet is awesome - and fast once you get the hang of it! Welcome to the dark side *mwa hahahah!*
Got any plushie patterns you can share with the newbie hooker?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:57 pm
Silver Sunrise
Silver Mist
And my daughter already knows the bunny is for her. xd she's walked off with the body twice. rofl

How adorable of her -- the bunny looks great!!! heart  

Ska Hippie

Mildred Pierce

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:03 pm
Seriously, I cannot figure out crocheting for the life of me. I think I'm some kind of fool or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:57 am
Ska Hippie
How adorable of her -- the bunny looks great!!! heart

She is a darling. She's been making her new bunny "hop" on her toy bucket, her ride on toy, let's face it, pretty much everything. She grabs the poor thing by it's ears and bounces it up and down then starts giggling. It's so cute! Thank you, I'm rather proud of him. He still needs a name though.

Mildred Pierce
Seriously, I cannot figure out crocheting for the life of me. I think I'm some kind of fool or something.

I felt that when when I couldn't figure it out when my gran was trying to teach me. xd theknitwich on youtube (my "crap how do you do that stitch again?" source) has lots of knitting and crochet stitches and instructions. I'm a very visual learner, so instruction videos make my life so much easier. 3nodding maybe they can help you too. whee  

Silver Sunrise

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:41 am
Every woman has a Hooker inside her somewhere. wink  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items