Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Those Left Behind? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LittleRedd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:19 pm
Just wondering- what about those Bella leaves behind? I mean, this is Bella's chance to reconnect with her dad, who's just getting the hang of being a father figure, though we all know he's no Super Dad, and her mother certainly cares. Would they seriously not notice their daughter stuck at one age- not to mention the altered lifestyle of insomnia and blood cravings! Admittedly, I want Bella to become a vampire just as much as the next person, but while everyone she loves grows old and dies, will Bella leave them or remain to watch 'em wither? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:58 pm
I think the idea is, if Bella's turned into a vampire, she'll have to leave behind those she loves. It's not just the do-I-stay-and-watch-them-grow-old thing, it's can-I-resist-their-blood-when-I'm-such-a-new-vampire.  

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

SweetlyDemented

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:05 pm
    I think she'd have to run away and live with the Cullens or something along the lines. Also, she'd have to get contacts to hide her burgundy eyes for the first year. And since vampires have to keep a low profile, I don't think living with human relatives would help much. So... Yeah, I guess she'd have to leave them behind. Question is, who would she choose then? Edward or her family? ._.;;

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:09 pm
I'd say she should tell her parents she's marrying Edward, get married, and move away, and turn vampire then. That way she won't be around her parents to want to eat them in the first year, and that they can know why she's not around. *shrug* I guess we'll find out in 61 days ^.^  

TheOnlyFlyingLlama

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:35 pm
Shattered_Spirit3
I'd say she should tell her parents she's marrying Edward, get married, and move away, and turn vampire then. That way she won't be around her parents to want to eat them in the first year, and that they can know why she's not around. *shrug* I guess we'll find out in 61 days ^.^
yeah that's the most logical  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:27 pm
This issue is addressed a couple of times in the books. In Twilight, when they're talking about changing Bella and Edward asks about Charlie and Renee, Bella says "'Look, that's not an issue either...Renee has always made the choices that work for her--she'd want me to do the same. And Charlie's resilient, he's used to being on his own. I can't take care of them forever. I have my own life to live.'"

Then in New Moon in the little meeting at the end, Bella is comtemplating losing her parents and Jacob and she says that she knows that she will lose them and hurt them, but that she needs to protect them even if it means that she can't be with them.  

Glitterbean

featherbee

7,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:03 am
okay if i were bella this what i'd do. first i'd make sure edward was gonna keep his promise about biting her. then, like Shattered_Spirit3 said, i'd tell them i'm getting married and move in w/ the cullens. then he'd bite me and we'd live forever together. the end. well can vampires have kids? i would hope so but it might be hard for a baby to grow up a vampire. plus it'd be a baby forever. that would suck.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:54 pm
Yah, I dunno about that, either. I mean, can the undead have living babies? I think not, so that would suck like none other. There's always adoption, tho'.  

LittleRedd

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:04 pm
Hatsuharuluvr
okay if i were bella this what i'd do. first i'd make sure edward was gonna keep his promise about biting her. then, like Shattered_Spirit3 said, i'd tell them i'm getting married and move in w/ the cullens. then he'd bite me and we'd live forever together. the end. well can vampires have kids? i would hope so but it might be hard for a baby to grow up a vampire. plus it'd be a baby forever. that would suck.

No, vampires cannot have babies. You can look at the Lexicon personal correspondences sticky, but basically it says in there that vampires' bodies are frozen the way they are when they are changed, meaning that female vampires cannot become pregnant. If they were already pregnant when they were bitten, they would stay pregnant forever (I'm not kidding, go look for yourself if you don't believe me).  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:16 am
Glitterbean
Hatsuharuluvr

No, vampires cannot have babies. You can look at the Lexicon personal correspondences sticky, but basically it says in there that vampires' bodies are frozen the way they are when they are changed, meaning that female vampires cannot become pregnant. If they were already pregnant when they were bitten, they would stay pregnant forever (I'm not kidding, go look for yourself if you don't believe me).

pregnant forever!!! man that would suck sooo much.  

GoldenCoffee

Dapper Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

the1orlylover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:21 pm
she isgunna be in college so she will be bitten by then  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:36 pm
i think she should fake her death like darren does in the cirque du freak series so that atleast they wouldnt come after her looking for her when she runs away.  

krnpridegurlie90

niecerpiecer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:34 pm
thats wat I wuz thinking when I wuz reading Twilight and New Moon wat bout her Parents? I honestly dont kno  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:41 pm
It makes me sad that her parents will suffer. The whole getting married to Edward thing isn't what I'd be crushed about, if I was a parent, it'd be the fact that I wouldn't see my child anymore (since Bella will cut her connection with them). Very depressing to me...  

Levina_Ellar

Renko Kawahisa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:40 am
we will find out in Eclispe it will all come out........i think sweatdrop  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items